Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

2010 Lotus Evora

Old 11-16-2009, 01:19 PM
Banned
911Shark is on a distinguished road
nice car

Old 11-16-2009, 11:18 PM
CCK
CCK is on a distinguished road
sexy!!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:55 PM
djdiablo has a spectacular aura aboutdjdiablo has a spectacular aura aboutdjdiablo has a spectacular aura about
Very nice!!!

Old 11-22-2009, 10:07 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
I wasn't a huge fan of lotus until I test drove the Exige over the weekend, now I'm in love with them. Only gripe I had about the car was the shifter otherwise it was very well put together. If the exige is any indication then this car could be quite the surprise when you see it/drive it in person. It's not going to be the fastest thing out there nor is it intended to be, but it certainly has more of an exotic look than a 911.

Searching for an Exige to take over track duties from my 997TT so I could be in the Lotus family soon as well

Old 11-23-2009, 12:32 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
I got to drive the Evora a few weeks ago, I'll copy/paste my overview from Lotustalk over here:

I did indeed end up going back today for a test drive. It still has Lotus elements to it, but it's definitely more grown up and certainly way more daily drivable. Ride is comfortable, but still very sporty. Suspension feels tight, but not nearly as twitchy as the Elise, certainly a bit more dialed down, but again still fun.

Steering feel is great even with the power steering addition here, the feel is light and nimble, but direct enough you still know you're driving a Lotus.

Brakes, didn't get to test out much since it was pouring rain, but considering their size I'd suspect they're pretty bangin.

Power, I had my doubts and imagined it would be a lot like the Elise in that it would require a vast amount of RPM's to get moving, but the V6 is decently torquey down low and has a really nice growl to it across the rpm band.

All in all I'd say it's a great daily drivable Lotus, with some track potential. I'd suspect to say that with a set of Ohlins and some harnesses you could have a hell of a time around any track.

I happened to bring my fiance' along with me for it and for what its worth she absolutely loved it. Her first two comments were..1-I love the seats, way better than the Elise and 2-Does it come with a removable top

I think Lotus achieved their goal of building a car that had a lot of Elise/Exige in it, but without the compromises. If that was indeed the case, goal was very well achieved. Honestly, it looks a lot better than the Cayman imho, now I'd like to drive the two back to back. My gut tells me from the last time I was in a Cayman that this is a much more fun automobile. Only Porsche for me has at least 3 emergency numbers in it and I'd feel a hell of a lot cooler in the Evora than a Coxster or the Cayman.

Nice job Lotus.

Old 11-23-2009, 02:09 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
looks great in person!

Old 11-23-2009, 03:33 PM
raiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to beholdraiyu is a splendid one to behold
Looking good in race livery.

Old 01-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Devin1205 is on a distinguished road
wow that lotus all raced out like look killer! I would like to take it for a drive around the track once or ten times.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:51 PM
350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough350zbiturbo is a jewel in the rough
When a supercharged one comes out, I will have no choice but to sell a lung and get one.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:46 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
looks awesome in race livery. cant wait to see one in person, and get the chance to drive it.

Old 01-28-2010, 01:53 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
I would like white with a set of black Dymags or Carbon Fiber HRE's please. And apparently you guys have not read Toyota's latest marketing initiatives. They would badge this car a Lexus and charge more for it than the already established and even one level higher competition! So it would be about $110k.

Old 01-28-2010, 04:36 PM
StockToPerforma is on a distinguished road
Great looking car, decent specs and weight, but priced inappropriately. (i.e. about 15-20k too high)

Old 01-28-2010, 04:40 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by StockToPerforma
but priced inappropriately. (i.e. about 15-20k too high)
how do you figure?

Old 02-03-2010, 06:13 PM
armaniwang07 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD
HOT
But I would go M3 over it
The Lotus Evora midship engine always costs than BMW M3 FR sport cars.

Old 02-03-2010, 06:14 PM
rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !rvhpno80 Is a GOD !
not for me....but thanks for the pictures....

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lotus Evora