Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

2010 Lotus Evora

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 06:15 PM
armaniwang07 is on a distinguished road
These Lotus Evora V6 engines had no soul. it's not sporty sounding engine.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:58 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by armaniwang07
The Lotus Evora midship engine always costs than BMW M3 FR sport cars.
Two completely different cars, not really able to compare them.

Old 02-04-2010, 10:59 AM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
They actually don't sound bad for what is normally a very non descript sounding engine. I agree when the Supercharged version comes I may have to prostitute...

Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
saw this on lotstalk today

http://www.latimes.com/videobeta/wat...7e28&src=front

doesnt sound great, but not terrible. interior is sweet. a supercharged car (or turbo) would be a pretty compelling car, even against a 911

Old 02-05-2010, 09:31 AM
6speedRob is on a distinguished road
I'd like to hear one modified with ITB's.

Old 02-07-2010, 09:09 PM
Tuskir has a spectacular aura aboutTuskir has a spectacular aura about
With Lotus cars you can't really look at pure numbers to gauge how good their cars are. Elise didn't have very impressive numbers and would get beat easily on track by more powerful cars, but it was also a lot more entertaining to drive than pretty much anything else on the road. You really have to drive Lotus cars because they are some of the last true driver's cars available and truly connect you to the road like few cars can. I haven't driven the Evora (but did own Elise turbo for a while) and I'm sure its nothing like a E92 M3, maybe more like E36 M3 in terms of weight, and also in terms of feel and driver feedback. I agree that the Toyota powerplant is nothing exotic, but at least it will have bullet-proof reliability, inexpensive maintenance, and good aftermarket support. Several car publications actually awarded Evora car of the year status already, including EVO. New GT3 came in second by the way

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/carg...year_2009.html

Old 02-15-2010, 07:41 PM
jherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to beholdjherbias is a splendid one to behold
I got to sit in one during the media day of the LA Auto Show. The rear seats were pretty much useless, but the Lotus rep told me that the car I sat in was the demo one they let all the magazines have a go at. Apparently the seats will be bigger, while the car itself will keep the same proportions. Hard to figure that'll work...

Old 02-15-2010, 08:17 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
not sure why the back seats matter. ever sat in the back of a 911?

Old 03-04-2010, 05:03 PM
Banned
911Shark is on a distinguished road
Old 03-04-2010, 10:01 PM
I still await the Esprit replacement!

Old 03-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Former Vendor
AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !AWD Motorsports Is a GOD !
I dont see it as Overpriced.. Its not a dime a dozen M3 and last i looked when i was buying an M3 they were 70k..

To the guy who drove it.. How small is it interior wise?? It looks much more roomy than the elise.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:46 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I spent some time in the Evora last weekend and I own a 911 Turbo, an Exige and a few other toys. The Evora is a lot bigger than the Exige but not as big as a 911. With two full sized guys in the car, our elbows did touch. Seats were fantastic, car looks better in person than in pics, and the interior looks cool. On the negative side, the ergonomics of the interior are typical Lotus; they get lost in the details. The mirror adjustment **** is behind the pull handle on the door, the dead pedal is almost at your knee, and you cannot see many of the control switches without moving your head. The radio is stupid hard to operate, however, I will say that my philosophy is that if I need to read the book it's poorly designed Shifter felt like a POS but I was driving a well worn demo car that had 400 drivers before me so it may not be reflective if the real deal.

In terms of driving, fantastic. The road manners are impeccable, it feels like an Exige but you can actually drive it without your fillings coming out. It would be a great daily driver imo. In terms of power, I have been critical about the lack of power on paper, in the real world it felt pretty good. Not as much torque as at 911 but it was not a dog either. I think bolting a supercharger to it will make it a really nice ride.

Here's some pics. Enjoy.

Attached Images    
Old 03-05-2010, 10:15 AM
I think I am in love, and I figured the engine would feel reasonably strong in such a light car because it doesn't feel bad in the other cars that it comes in that weight considerably more.

Old 03-14-2010, 04:57 PM
cotenseto is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 911Shark
the red interior is hot!

Old 03-14-2010, 09:26 PM
Sti2m3 is on a distinguished road
It looks like an Exige on roids.

Except cleaner and not quite as stunning.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2010 Lotus Evora