Lotus Evora, Elise, Exige, Esprit, Seven etc.

4 sesons lotus

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 09:19 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
4 sesons lotus

this forums is a bit quiet. figured id start a thread.

any other lotus owners drive their car year round? i know there are daily driven cars, but how about snow driven?
who's got the highest mileage lotus?

Old 01-25-2010, 09:23 PM
antinym is on a distinguished road
I drive min year round, but I live in orlando. I have 33k miles, and I'm sure i'm not the highest.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:35 PM
jjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to beholdjjm4life is a splendid one to behold
^^ haha wasnt what i was thinking, but yea ill count it. to be honest, i dont think there are all that many lotus owners on 6speed to begin with. elise/exige esprit or otherwise.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:09 AM
nsxmatt is on a distinguished road
Drive mine year round. Mine has 51k miles and is my daily and I drive it from Kentucky to work in Indiana every day. We had bad ice and snow today and I just drove slow and took my time. Saw 25 people slid off the road, I made it just fine Even stopped and snapped a pic getting gas..

Old 01-27-2010, 12:50 PM
now thats what i had in mind. digging the yellow, and i really like the foglights. im kicking around the idea of adding them to mine.

Old 01-29-2010, 06:59 AM
nsxmatt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jjm4life
now thats what i had in mind. digging the yellow, and i really like the foglights. im kicking around the idea of adding them to mine.
Thanks! The fogs more than double the light output. I have the non-hid's headlights which are horrible but see fine with the fogs on.

Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 AM
sandan03 is on a distinguished road
I have an 07 Exige. Not a garage queen but not daily driver either.

Yesterday drove to the Lotus dealership in Gaithersburg, MD to check out the new Evora that's traveling around. Got there at 9 am before the predicted snow started.

While waiting my turn for a drive, snow picked up. Wasn't sticking to road, just blowing around on it. Still, decided to head home before it got bad.

Last time I'll put myself in a position to drive that car in the snow. Front end is WAY too light, felt like I was hydroplaning the whole way. A couple of times it started to head off towards the jersey wall to the right, or the car to the left.

Granted, the car has R compound tires, that can be hazardous at freezing temps.

I know all about drop throttle problems, driving straight and gently, being careful with brakes in these situations.

This was the most scared I've ever been driving a car in 40 years.

Guys who say they drive these cars in the snow with no problems...more power to you!

Old 01-31-2010, 02:37 PM
[quote=sandan03;2708860]
Granted, the car has R compound tires, that can be hazardous at freezing temps.quote]

theres the problem right there. the wrong tire for the job. i got stuck in my evo on advans one night in mid 30 degree temps and it wasnt exactly fun. tires like those are bricks below 50
but my exige s with blizzak ws60 handles the white stuff just fine. with that being said, yea the front does feel a bit light.

happy to hear you made it home alright, that could have ended badly.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:53 PM
Lotus907 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by nsxmatt
Drive mine year round. Mine has 51k miles and is my daily and I drive it from Kentucky to work in Indiana every day. We had bad ice and snow today and I just drove slow and took my time. Saw 25 people slid off the road, I made it just fine Even stopped and snapped a pic getting gas..

Tires are everything. I also love this car, glad to see there's someone that didn't go with black wheels. Looks great this way. Happy motoring!