Macan Forum for the new Porsche Macan

2019 Macan S Build

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 06:53 AM
Ridleyguy is on a distinguished road
2019 Macan S Build

Coming from a 2008 911 C4S, (6 speed), the Macan will no doubt be a big change. Your thoughts/comments on my build would be greatly appreciated. I expect to keep the Macan for a long time, which hopefully explains the long options list.

Volcano Grey
Black interior
Premium Plus (Canada)
Thermal Glass
Air Suspension
Sport Chrono
20” Macan turbo wheels in exterior color
All-season Tires
Surround View Camera
Lane Change and Lane Keep Assist
Adaptive Cruise
GT Steering Wheel

2 questions:
- I didn’t select an interior trim, but have been thinking about adding brushed aluminum. Good idea?
- I keep going back and forth on getting the wheels in matching volcano grey (shiny) vs the standard wheels in a satin finish. Thoughts?

Thank you, and Happy New Year to all!

Last edited by Ridleyguy; 12-30-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-31-2018, 01:41 AM
jtorrebl is on a distinguished road
I’d wait for the GTS. A lot more car and more performance for the money. Dont match the wheels to the exterior color. Looks tacky. We’ve had both an S and a GTS currently. Both about the same cost monthly.
If this is going to be a long term car wait for the GTS. You’ll want it as soon as it comes out.

Last edited by jtorrebl; 01-12-2019 at 01:52 AM.
Old 01-05-2019, 12:39 PM
Kady Kady is an unknown quantity at this point
Satin platinum wheels looks good on volcano grey

partial red interior goes well with grey as well

Old 01-18-2019, 05:51 AM
Goodwood is on a distinguished road
I like your build. Dittos on color keyed wheels. Satin much better. Do you know what the standard interior trim is? I'm been playing around with the configurator myself, and can't tell what is is. Could it be Piano Black? I tried to lightly option my build showing as much restraint as possible, and still managed to get it up to 77k. (Must have 3k PSE)

Old 01-25-2019, 11:31 AM
It’s piano black

Old 02-15-2019, 12:28 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
Re: Macan Options

Hi there. I'm a 911 guy as my DD and I've fallen in love with the Macan so I can relate. It really is a big sports car.

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I have driven a base Macan loaner for a few days and I have been driving a Macan GTS for the last week. If I were to get one I would pass on the air suspension. The spring suspension with PASM and Porsche Torque Vectoring is the way to go... My opinion. In the GTS (air suspension) the ride is not quite as solid as in the non-air suspension cars (I've driven an S briefly w/out air suspension). In the GTS the wheel articulation is noticeable when the dampers are in non-sport mode - you can sense them bouncing around a bit. Then when you firm up the shocks it drives better, but its a shade harsher riding than the S spring suspension (which has a sport mode and will stiffen up some with PASM). So, my conclusion as an avid car guy, is that the air suspension is there as a buffer to allow Porsche to lower the Macan a bit more and stiffen the chassis while preserving much (although not all) of the base suspensions comfort. In my opinion, it just doesn't quite work as planned. The Macan is a utility vehicle...backs seats and a trunk. Its appropriate to have a certain ride height. The GTS Macans in sport plus mode (and seemingly even more so w/the Cayenne GTS) ride too low. It looks like it was dropped by an aftermarket suspension. I personally do not perceive much of a stability benefit to the lowered ride height - either around town or at triple digits on the highway. Summary - S with non/air has a better comfort ride and road feel then GTS in comfort, and I personally prefer the non-air suspension in sport mode to the GTS in Sport Which is a shade too extreme for the car (jostles you around a bit too much).

Anyway enough from me. I'll go on and on. I drive like the wind. I truly ring my cars' neck and although I haven't been to the track in a while I'm in the yellow run group with my PCA club. And I still say the Macan S with standard suspension and PASM is the best one to buy. I'm sure the torque vectoring would be great on an S, not necessary on the base because it doesn't make enough power to really utilize the feature.

Whatever you decide I'm sure you'll be happy.

Good luck.
DRP

Last edited by drspeed; 02-15-2019 at 12:37 PM.
Old 02-15-2019, 03:19 PM
Air suspension is standard on the 2019 S

Old 02-15-2019, 03:25 PM
drspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud ofdrspeed has much to be proud of
oops

so much for that then LOL

Old 02-15-2019, 04:33 PM
Standard Steel Springs on 19' S

Originally Posted by Kady Kady
I just checked the website. Air suspension is still optional on the new Macan S. Its standard on the GTS and on the Turbo Performance Package - but not the Turbo.

DRP

Old 02-27-2019, 10:14 AM
911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of911Konigin has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by drspeed
Hi there. I'm a 911 guy as my DD and I've fallen in love with the Macan so I can relate. It really is a big sports car.

DRP
Agree, this was my take when I drove one. I am currently looking for a smaller SUV with better gas mileage and this is certainly on my list

Old 03-28-2019, 06:56 AM
Goodwood is on a distinguished road
No, air suspension is not standard on the 2019 S. I just configured and ordered one in Jan (US model). Went with standard steel springs to help keep cost down.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:25 AM
Ridleyguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys, for taking the time to give me your input! I did make one change to my build based on your recommendation, changing the Macan Turbo wheels to the satin finish.

As my wife will also be a driver of this vehicle though, I stayed with the Air Suspension and other comfort items, rather than adding more performance items. Also, I couldn’t wait another year for the GTS, so this was the best available option for me.

My understanding is that the Air Suspension system has been upgraded from the previous version (?) so it may drive differently than discussed above.

Old 04-30-2019, 10:30 AM
XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !XLR82XS Is a GOD !
Satin platinum wheels looks good on volcano grey

partial red interior goes well with grey as well
Both of these! I like the brushed aluminum trim especially over the piano black.