Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

what mods for an E63?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 12:11 AM
Nico will become famous soon enoughNico will become famous soon enough
i looked up the VRP 530. seems like a great package..... definately will be considering that.

thanks for all the suggestions guys.

Old 01-31-2008, 04:31 AM
james6290 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nico
sorry didnt mean to hurt your feelings.

i wanted to know some certain brands and what they make (kleeman, renntech, etc.) and some first hand suggestions. anyone can go to a tuner's website and see what's available, but does that always mean the product is good? before i decide on what mods to get, i wanna see if that particular brand and mod is suggested. im not just going to buy whatever i think will be good or is listed.

the reason i said what i said in that sentence you quoted was because (obviously) the thread got a little OT and didnt want to continue the **** fighting going on
Oh, I understood that. I was under the impression that you just wanted to know what, not which mods are the best.

All the best,
James

Old 02-05-2008, 11:20 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
renntech makes awesome stuff for amg cars

Old 02-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Scryer_360 is on a distinguished road
How to mod a E63 series:

Sell it,
Buy an M5.

Sorry I couldn't resist that, I'm a bad person I know...

Old 02-06-2008, 08:35 PM
Boo
Boo is on a distinguished road
I'm starting to plan out mods for my 63, and as stated before the VRP530 packages adds a dyno proven 30whp. I plan to add some forged rims as well, and hopefully shed 5-10 lbs per wheel, which if I'm not mistaken would equate to 10-20whp for the rear pair, roughly 1 hp/lb.

I'm keeping watch on Evotech's development of long tube headers for the 63 also. Looking forward to seeing what gains come from these with ECU tune.

And lastly, VRP is working on a supercharger for the 63. Stage I is planned for around 3-4psi which they estimate 70hp. Stage II will require lowering the compression and increasing boost, but I'm not sure how long this project will take to complete, or if it will even be successful. I'm anxiously awaiting any updates.

That's all I know of so far.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:45 PM
Originally Posted by Scryer_360
How to mod a E63 series:

Sell it,
Buy an M5.

now exactly why would i want to have two M5s?

Old 02-07-2008, 01:16 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
now exactly why would i want to have two M5s?
Hey Nico, any luck finding mods for your 63? Sorry for not answering your pm earlier, it probably was me you saw. Was going to the fish store. I don't have enough post to reply to pms.

Old 02-07-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned
*STATUS* is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Scryer_360
How to mod a E63 series:

Sell it,
Buy an M5.

nice

Old 02-07-2008, 08:19 PM
Originally Posted by QUIK 911
Hey Nico, any luck finding mods for your 63? Sorry for not answering your pm earlier, it probably was me you saw. Was going to the fish store. I don't have enough post to reply to pms.
I think I will start with some minor things like an air filter and lowering module.

No worries for not answering! Come out to C&C on Saturday!

Old 02-07-2008, 08:28 PM
QUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to beholdQUIK 911 is a splendid one to behold
I think I will start with some minor things like an air filter and lowering module.

I have the renntech module on my e63 and it works really good. I wanted to try the filters but I just pulled the charcol filter only. I figure everything else wouldn't really effect the power much. I went out a couple of weeks ago and it was nice. I was thinking about going to the c&c on the 23rd and then the hre thing afterwards but still not sure. Its hard to leave the house so ealry with three little kids.

Old 02-08-2008, 01:05 AM
Originally Posted by QUIK 911
I have the renntech module on my e63 and it works really good. I wanted to try the filters but I just pulled the charcol filter only. I figure everything else wouldn't really effect the power much. I went out a couple of weeks ago and it was nice. I was thinking about going to the c&c on the 23rd and then the hre thing afterwards but still not sure. Its hard to leave the house so ealry with three little kids.
Good to hear that I'll be getting my money's-worth then
I may try out the charcoal filter removal in the meantime and see how I like that. I'm sure I won't be disappointed anyway.

I don't blame you about it being tough leaving the house early with little kids though! I'll probably be there on the 23rd.

What exhaust do you have on your turbo? It sounded nice. I was trying to catch up but by the time I was close, I think you were entering the 57 north

Old 02-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by HREMarc
To each their own. I personally dont like that look. But that is my own taste.

I see your point... unfortunately only .01% of the population will notice... as far as wheels...

otherwise that CLS63 is hot, congrats...

Old 02-08-2008, 07:07 PM
jtcturbo is on a distinguished road

in regards to the lowering module, have u thought about having ur dealer lower the ride via Star Diagnostics?

Old 02-08-2008, 11:14 PM
Good to hear that I'll be getting my money's-worth then
I may try out the charcoal filter removal in the meantime and see how I like that. I'm sure I won't be disappointed anyway.

I don't blame you about it being tough leaving the house early with little kids though! I'll probably be there on the 23rd.

What exhaust do you have on your turbo? It sounded nice. I was trying to catch up but by the time I was close, I think you were entering the 57 north
I have the GMG exhaust, sounds good but is a little loud. I got a ticket one night cause a cop heard me punch it around a corner. I made right while he was making a left. He turned around and caught me two miles down the road. Thats the real down side about getting and exhaust. Just draws to much attention, some good some bad. I wanted to go to C&C on feb 23rd and then the hre open house but my buddys are busy. What does your car look like?