Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

Black Series and Reliability

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 11:30 AM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Black Series and Reliability

Do these words even remotely go together? I noticed the CLK63 BS has dropped a bit in price, interesting car, kind of curious if it holds up...anybody have some input on these?

Last edited by BealeAss; 02-24-2010 at 06:39 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM
bikerboy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BealeAss
I noticed the C63 BS has dropped a bit in price,

There is no such thing as a C63 black series. In the US we get SL65 black and CLK63 black. There is also a SLK55 Black but not for sale in the USA.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:24 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
+1

The drop in prices for the CLK63 BS can be attributed to what plagues most AMG cars, mediocre resale value. I haven't heard anything regarding a difference in reliability with the BS cars in relation to other MB cars. In addition, MB has done quite well in recent years improving their build quality in their automobiles and overall customer satisfaction. There are a few members in here who are BS owners and I would recommend that you PM them with any specific questions......I'm sure they would be more than happy to help you out.

Old 02-24-2010, 06:39 PM
BealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud ofBealeAss has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by bikerboy
There is no such thing as a C63 black series. In the US we get SL65 black and CLK63 black. There is also a SLK55 Black but not for sale in the USA.
Edited. Sorry about the quick typing.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:41 AM
ChuckZ will become famous soon enough
Have had our Black Series for 2 years and only been in the shop for an "A" service the 1st year and a "B" service the second.....

There have been small issues with some cars (not mine) and the shift paddles and front suspension squeaks when the car is cold. Couple other small issues that I do not recall right now but nothing that would scare me away from buying one. Have not experienced any.

I saw your post on MBworld where you're likely to get more responses from actual owners.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:27 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
neither have I had any issues with mine. the price drops are for what was stated in previous post and nothing to do with reliability. just post pics when you get one

Old 02-25-2010, 12:31 PM
You bastards...you aren't making this choice easy. I was all about getting a GT3 until someone suggested this thing as well. Good problem to have but such a mindf$#.

Old 02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
ChuckZ will become famous soon enough
Another thing you might consider is; Mercedes warranty remains in place if you take the car on the track. Porsche not.......

Old 02-25-2010, 04:53 PM
Clubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of lightClubrcr is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BealeAss
I noticed the CLK63 BS has dropped a bit in price,
I am thinking the same thing, either a BS or GT3 car. I am leaning toward the BS but I have seen the same ones for sale for sometime. If anyone wants to sell theirs at a fair price, let me know.

clubrcr@comcast.net

Old 02-25-2010, 05:40 PM
UMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond reputeUMADBRO has a reputation beyond repute
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...t=6001&bkBtn=1

Couple nice low mileage examples I found

Old 02-25-2010, 07:02 PM
NickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura aboutNickyBlack has a spectacular aura about
big first 1-2 year depreciation hit, but car should be fine reliability wise...

Old 02-25-2010, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by NickyBlack
big first 1-2 year depreciation hit, but car should be fine reliability wise...
Yeah I know the AMG's are pretty prone to a big depreciation hit, I am trying to figure out if the BS is about at its bottom point or not. My initial guess is probably and considering the rarity of the BS it might help a bit.

It would be my first Mercedes so that's why I had inquired about reliability. Always been a BMW guy.

Old 02-25-2010, 08:15 PM
This BS on HRE's would sure look nice in your garage next to your Lotus

Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Originally Posted by UMADBRO
This BS on HRE's would sure look nice in your garage next to your Lotus

Ugh I know. Unfortunately I won't be able to keep both nor do I have the space at the moment, but that's ok either one is better than none.

Old 02-28-2010, 04:26 AM
NavyLTJG will become famous soon enough
waiting for these to hit the mid 60K....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Black Series and Reliability