Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

K2 E55 package

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 06:11 PM
SigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to behold
K2 E55 package

Looking to get a K2 package what have you guys seen as HP gains?!

Old 08-24-2010, 11:50 PM
tgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the rough
Here's what my E55 went through -

Stock to K1:

K1 to K2:

Old 08-25-2010, 09:55 AM
SigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to beholdSigFan229 is a splendid one to behold
Thanks alot tgoss! also what did you pay for your kit installed just because im seeing a large fluctuation in pricing

Old 08-25-2010, 03:11 PM
tgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the roughtgoss is a jewel in the rough
All work was done at Kleemann USA in colorado springs.

K1 was $2595 installed

K2 was 1895 Installed

Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Originally Posted by tgoss

K1 was $2595 installed

K2 was 1895 Installed
Thanks alot! did you find it a worth while modification or would you go another route?

Old 08-26-2010, 03:07 PM
Originally Posted by SigFan229
Thanks alot! did you find it a worth while modification or would you go another route?
Very worth while. Kleemann is right down the road from where I live, and being a very respected tuning company in the Mercedes community I wouldn't take my car anywhere else or sport another companies mods.

That being said, there are tons of good companies like RennTech and EVOsport that I would recommend as well knowing a lot of other 55k motors that have had good success with their pulleys and shorty headers. If that's what you're looking for anyways.

Kleemann's pulley is somewhat on the small side of things so if you'd like bigger the 2 companies above do offer them. And if you'd like to go long tube instead of shorties then I hear Floored Fab and MBH (dyno-comp) would make the best available for these cars.

Make sure you look into upgrading your heat exchanger and your IC pump when doing this too.

Long rant, hopefully you find it helpful

Old 08-26-2010, 04:52 PM
Nava405 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by tgoss

K1 was $2595 installed

K2 was 1895 Installed
that's good price, and i have been looking into K2 but can't seem to find any dealer near my place, so most likely i'll have to order it online and have my local shop do it...

is there a online store where i can order parts within USA?

Old 08-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Originally Posted by Nava405
that's good price, and i have been looking into K2 but can't seem to find any dealer near my place, so most likely i'll have to order it online and have my local shop do it...

is there a online store where i can order parts within USA?
Shop in socal?
Automotive Connoisseur Group Inc of San Diego

Now Operating from:
7924 Ronson Road Suite I&J
San Diego, CA 92111
877-422-4736/ 858-633-1017
extension 2

Hit up James tell him Joe Nutter sent ya!

Old 08-27-2010, 03:00 AM
Nava405 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SigFan229
Shop in socal?
Automotive Connoisseur Group Inc of San Diego

Now Operating from:
7924 Ronson Road Suite I&J
San Diego, CA 92111
877-422-4736/ 858-633-1017
extension 2

Hit up James tell him Joe Nutter sent ya!
thankx alot.

another question is that the Kleemann ECU upgrade requires to remove the stock ECU and reflash it correct? is there any other company that actully use a controller box to load the map in ? that way i can load the stock map back in when i have to bring the car in for service.

Old 08-28-2010, 05:33 PM
Former Vendor
FORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the roughFORGED DST is a jewel in the rough
price sounds good

Old 08-28-2010, 11:36 PM
thankx alot.

another question is that the Kleemann ECU upgrade requires to remove the stock ECU and reflash it correct? is there any other company that actully use a controller box to load the map in ? that way i can load the stock map back in when i have to bring the car in for service.
Shouldn't set off alarms in the service department. Check with the installers and see what they can offer for info!

Old 08-30-2010, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor
brad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of lightbrad @ evosport is a glorious beacon of light
Please let me know if we can assist you with this project. Happy to answer any questions or provide a quote!

I think that our stuff is by far the best value for these cars with the highest quality engineered pulley kit.

thanks
brad

Old 09-05-2010, 01:25 PM
roadtalontsi is infamous around these partsroadtalontsi is infamous around these parts
thankx alot.

Before you have it done, take your car in and have them reflash the m.e. (motor electronics unit) with the latest software. Otherwise theres a possiblitity that you have original software and they kleeman flash it then you have a check engine light for something dumb say- coolant thermostat but theres nothing wrong with it, just an m.e. sesnor parameter then the dealer would have to reflash to fix- then you lose your tune. If your still underwarranty just complain about a hesitation on acceleration and hint towards and update. If not just tell them to check, should cost no more then 1hr labor. Then do your kleeman flash- make sure once you bring it in for service that they are aware of it. Dont worry about voiding warranty etc they wont care its not cheap ricer crap its quality kleeman.

Old 09-05-2010, 08:42 PM
Former Vendor
Tal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond reputeTal@ACGAutomotive has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for the refferal Joe.

Let us know if we can help you out. If you are looking for a Kleemann tune, we can flash your ECU in-house the same day. Other shops would have to take out your ECU and ship it to Kleemann to flash. That means your car will be down for a few days. Our shop is responsible for some of the fastest tuned e55s in th country and many MB owners can vouch for the quality of our work.

Peter

Last edited by Tal@ACGAutomotive; 10-11-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 10-10-2010, 12:29 PM
Hammer Down is on a distinguished road
K2 is Pulley,ECU & Headers correct?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: K2 E55 package