Mercedes / AMG Mercedes talk on the E55 AMG, SLK 55, SL65, the other Classic Mercedes models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: EGT Mercedes

My new DD CLK63 AMG Black series

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 04:48 AM
Canderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the rough
My new DD CLK63 AMG Black series

Check out my new Daily Driver, I was about to get a Zr1 but I didn’t want to get something that I could mod out to much. Every car I get I seem to build the motor and go crazy with it. With this car i will try not to mod it out to bad, I just wanted a fun car to drive around and not worry about maintaining a high horsepower level. The Black series has always been one of my favorite cars, and I am so happy i was able to get this one. The car only has about 8,000 miles on it. I cannot wait to see it in person, I am still in Afghanistan and I will be coming home on leave to pick her up. I bet even after a 16 hour flight from Dubai I will be wide awake diving this car. Here are a few pictures of the car at the dealership. I will get some better one's when I get home in about two weeks.

Future Mod's are just going to be visual for right now. I would like to start out with some HRE P43S Conical. I might get them in a Satin Finish with a tinted clear coat. I was thinking about satin Black but I think that has been done quite a few time.

Question for owners or vendors.
What would look better on the car? 19 or 20 inch rims.

And is there anything I need to look out for if I decide to put rims on the car? Like if I need a spacer or if I need some suspension mod's to make the car sit right.

Last
Are there any vendor that have this type of rim in stock or that can have them at my house by March 15. I know there is about 2 week build time sometimes right. Just let me know and I will try to call today. Thanks

Chris

Attached Images     
Old 02-29-2012, 06:23 AM
FadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of lightFadeToBlack is a glorious beacon of light
From what I heard the ride is pretty stiff, so I'd keep it at stock size. Also, check Michelin PSS for tires.
I don't know how the Conical Series from HRE would look, but the normal P43S would look good.

Old 02-29-2012, 08:01 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
Congrats on the sick ride man!! That sure is some DD

Old 02-29-2012, 08:33 AM
ecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to allecks is a name known to all
Beautiful car Chris! You will love it ! This is probably 1 of the 2 best cars out of the AMG division in the past decade or so(this is IMO, and I mean no offense to other great AMG cars). The other being the SLS!

Old 02-29-2012, 10:08 AM
Former Vendor
HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !HRE_Wheels Is a GOD !
I would recommend the 19". With the exotic vehicles, the largest issue currently is sourcing the proper tire sizes. I would recommend you see what tire options are available prior to purchasing the wheels.

If you got any further questions, please let me know.

Old 02-29-2012, 10:24 AM
ENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the roughENV² is a jewel in the rough
Gorgeous

Old 02-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Canderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the roughCanderson is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by adamls2
Congrats on the sick ride man!! That sure is some DD
Thanks Adam

Originally Posted by ecks
Beautiful car Chris! You will love it ! This is probably 1 of the 2 best cars out of the AMG division in the past decade or so(this is IMO, and I mean no offense to other great AMG cars). The other being the SLS!
Thanks ecks, you have some awesome car in your collection. I sure hope to have a 458 someday.

Originally Posted by Lon@HRE
I would recommend the 19". With the exotic vehicles, the largest issue currently is sourcing the proper tire sizes. I would recommend you see what tire options are available prior to purchasing the wheels.

If you got any further questions, please let me know.
Looks like i will be staying with i stock rim size. Thanks for the advise

Originally Posted by ENV²
Gorgeous
Thanks

Old 02-29-2012, 11:43 AM
Well, i found some awesome HRE's for the car already. I decided to go with the HRE P40's in a satin finish. Just wanted to keep it nice and simple with the stock rim size. Here are a few pictures of the rims. Thanks to James over at Automotive Connoisseur Group San Diego for finding them for me.

Attached Images   
Old 03-03-2012, 12:00 AM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
That looks secks man ^^^^ Also, gotta love the stock stance on these cars

Old 03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
DarthC63 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Canderson
Well, i found some awesome HRE's for the car already. I decided to go with the HRE P40's in a satin finish. Just wanted to keep it nice and simple with the stock rim size. Here are a few pictures of the rims. Thanks to James over at Automotive Connoisseur Group San Diego for finding them for me.

Wow!! Car looks sooooo sick! Way to murder out that CLK BS!

Old 03-21-2012, 08:32 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
congrats on your new DD. I love the CLK Black Series.

Old 03-22-2012, 01:38 PM
Originally Posted by DarthC63
Wow!! Car looks sooooo sick! Way to murder out that CLK BS!
Well that is not my exact car, just the rims i got for it.

Here is my car that i just few in to pick up. Man this thing is a blast to drive. And here are a few pictures of the beast at home sitting on her new rims. And the HRE's have some new Carbon Fiber center cap that look sick.

Attached Images    
Old 03-23-2012, 11:13 AM
Site Sponsor
vividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond reputevividracing2 has a reputation beyond repute
That's some serious tq monsters right there! What size P40 did you end up getting? 20"?

Old 03-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by vividracing2
That's some serious tq monsters right there! What size P40 did you end up getting? 20"?
I went with the stock 19 inch rims size, as well as the stock tire size.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:38 PM
Enilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond reputeEnilder has a reputation beyond repute
You could've picked up an MP4-12C instead of that.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My new DD CLK63 AMG Black series