Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Arcam DiVA AVP700 HT 7 Channel Processor- Mint!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-21-2008, 10:25 AM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up FS: Arcam DiVA AVP700 HT 7 Channel Processor- Mint!

Original owner- Arcam AVP700 pre/pro in black.

Perfect condition with no marks or scratches. This unit was purchased new from an authorized dealer in Orange County www.soundvideoautomation.com .
The AVP -700 is a 7 channel pre-amp / surround processor with HDMI / component input & output, phenominal sound, stage and presence for both movies and music. There are 7.1 RCA (single ended) and XLR (balanced) line outputs to amplifier. It is in excellent condition and like new, and also has all latest surround modes such as DPL-IIx to turn regular stereo TV broadcasts into 7.1 surround. It is also a 2-zone processor meaning you can watch movies in one room and have music or video source sent to another room- and control both independently!

I upgraded to a Theta Casablanca III which is the ONLY pre-pro that sounded better for movies than the Arcam, plus I moved to a 10.4 setup and needed the Theta's extra capabilities.. The Theta set me back $12k!
If you want to seriously upgrade your HT experience without breaking the bank and want ultimate "bang for the buck" you have to get this Arcam, it kicks some serious sound quality. You'd spend more $ for a Sony ES, Yamaha, Pioneer Elite, Bose etc and not get nearly the sound quality, stage and channel separation as the Arcam.
A separate amplifier will be required. http://www.arcam.co.uk/prod_diva_AVP700_intro.cfm

Retail $2200 > asking $1495 shipped via insured UPS ground.

Again, the AVP700 sounds as good as pre/pros costing 5k or more! Recently sent in to upgrade to latest firmware version 3.44, have about 8 months of use and always stored a secured dust-free media cabinet. It will ship to you directly from my dealer (he has it stored and just went over it) and he is happy to answer any questions for you following purchase.

PM me if interested- All checks and money orders needs to be cleared thru my bank and your bank before shipping. If using Paypal I will ship right after receiving payment.
Please add 3% for Paypal.

PS- I also have a *Brand New* sealed set of Canare 7.1 XLR balanced cables for connecting the AVP700's 7 channels to an amplifier. All are 1 meter lengths. Will throw in for $200 with purchase, half of cost new.

Attached Images     

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-26-2008 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:32 PM
p0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond reputep0rsch3 has a reputation beyond repute
No one???? none of you guys have an aging theater processor that needs replacement??

Audio is one of my hobbies and I'm telling you the sound quality- particularly for movies- is stunning. $1400 insured shipped within USA and $1600 if you also want the new set of Canare xlr interconnects!!!! PM me if you want to call / ask questions.

I had the Arcam hooked up to a ATI 7x400w amplifier, then moved to an Arcam P1000 7-channel amplifier, and eventually to Theta amplifiers.

My main speakers are Martin Logan Clarity, center channel is a Martin Logan Theater-i, rear surrounds and sides are Energy Veritas 2.0i limited editions. Sub is a REL Storm.
Speaker cables and interconnects are all Synergistic Alpha Actives (silver, $5k worth of cables).

Basically, I have a VERY revealing system and the Arcam is bone quiet with a huge sound stage and incredible channel separation. Someone give this good puppy a home.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-26-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:53 AM
Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !Red Blur Is a GOD !
I'm in the market for a receiver, but am looking for one's in the range of $500-$700. I'm new in learning about these receivers, but from what you state, The Arcam Sounds amazing. Just a little out of my range.

Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 AM
No prob, I was new to home theater / audio at one time as well. I think the most money I wasted was 'deal hunting' for processors under $1000. They either broke, the company did not release feature updates forcing me to buy another, or the sound quality was very poor. It really depends on what you're after though, it's sort of like cars. If you don't care about good performance and just want to get from A-B no reason to spend.

If you do want quality it's also way easy to overspend. Arcam makes products with very nice sound / features for less money, and is definitely worth the $.
Shop around, and visit AVS forums for unbiased reviews / feedback from members. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/ - scroll down to the Audio area.
Two choices for decent sub-$1k processors: Used Sherwood or Onkyo.

You'd be quite pleased with my Arcam however you will also need to purchase a separate 7-channel surround amplifier. The Arcam does not have a built in amplifier, it is meant to connect to any multi-channel amplifier either via RCA or XLR.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-28-2008 at 03:13 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:28 AM
CS Jeff will become famous soon enough
Arcam makes awesome products. Love that British sound!

Old 03-28-2008, 02:32 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
I own an Arcam processor/receiver and the processor part is probably identical to yours. I highly recommend it..I replaced my Krell HTS with the Arcam and it is much better..

Good luck with the sale.

Old 03-28-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks! Separation and stage for movies is awesome isn't it?

I'm surprised no one is jumping on this, it's still practically new and priced less than the chain store brands which sound terrible in comparison. Serious bang for the buck.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:29 PM
Administrator
Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !Control It Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by p0rsch3
Thanks! Separation and stage for movies is awesome isn't it?

I'm surprised no one is jumping on this, it's still practically new and priced less than the chain store brands which sound terrible in comparison. Serious bang for the buck.
I had a Krell KAV 1500 5 channel amp with a Krell HTS processor..When the Krell needed repair I got the Arcam and decided the processor is much better..

I was going to pm you to buy yours and go back to the Krell 5 channel amp but out of nowhere someone contacted me to buy it..So I am staying with the Arcam receiver.

Amazing processor..not only is it great separation but I noticed I can watch movies at a lower volume and still hear crisp dialog.

Old 03-28-2008, 08:40 PM
Sounds to me like you have the AVR-350 receiver / processor with built in amplifiers?
Great unit!

Yep, that is what you get with the high-end processors costing $5k or more- Good channel separation and quality processing of dialogues. Arcam uses the same Burr-Brown D/A converters, internal components and transformers as the uber-high-price makers, but without the uber-high price.
There are also some dialogue normalization features built in for dolby tracks which make the speach easier to hear. Plus, you can dial in the channel levels properly for your room with the built in test tone generator and a rat-shack DB meter. I had mine set to 75db on Front L/R/C channels and 76db on side / rear surrounds.

If you're looking for a really good 7-ch amplifier at a reasonable price, get an Arcam P1000. Great amplifier!

Old 03-28-2008, 08:44 PM
Administrator
Sounds to me like you have the AVR-350 receiver / processor with built in amplifiers?
Great unit!
Yup..the really amazing thing is that I got rid of my center channel speaker as it didnt' match my Wilson Sophia's and I didn't want to spend $5K on a matching center..

I am amazed that I do not need or notice at all that there is not a center channel speaker! Dialog is crisp and clear from any sitting position in the room..

Anyone wanna buy a Snell center channel cheap?

Old 03-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Wilsons?? Very nice! so since you have such ultra high end speakers, why are you not running separates??? bad audiophile... bad, bad.. ;p

I'll bet you're totally surprised that the AVR350 sounds as good as it does driving those Wilsons, no? Really a good unit, Arcam's amplifier technology is pretty bad ***. I've seen the AVR350 adequately drive a full 7.1 channel system comprised of in-wall BG planar speakers, which need a lot of juice to run.
http://www.bgcorp.com/productDetail.php?id=58

Try that with a Yamaha, Sony, Pioneer, HK, Denon.. Those Wilsons will kill it.. lol

...And you know those Wilsons with their amazing imaging are definitely adding to the mix. Another reason Arcam is impressive is you can run it with the finest, most revealing speakers out there and it still rocks.

Last edited by p0rsch3; 03-28-2008 at 09:03 PM.
Old 03-28-2008, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Wilsons?? Very nice! so since you have such ultra high end speakers, why are you not running separates??? bad audiophile... bad, bad.. ;p
This is just for HT...for music..I have Wilson 7's, Wilson Watchdog, CJ Premier 140 amp, Shindo preamp, Accuphase Dac and CD, Fat Bob turntable...and Airport Express

Old 03-29-2008, 12:20 AM
that is awesome- the Airport just rounds it out nicely

Old 04-01-2008, 09:27 AM
$1300 SHIPPED!!!!

Old 04-01-2008, 03:29 PM
bpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the roughbpanos is a jewel in the rough
you have pm.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Arcam DiVA AVP700 HT 7 Channel Processor- Mint!