Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

FS: Canon 40D kit and lots of accessories

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-28-2009, 12:51 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
FS: Canon 40D kit and lots of accessories

Hi folks. I'm selling my 1 year old Canon 40D with a few accessories. The camera was purchased in April of 2008 brand new, from B&H in NYC. Camera is in perfect working condition. Total shutter clicks around 1000 or less I would guess. I purchased the kit, so it includes the 28-135mm IS lens. Kit cost $1440 at the time. I also have the BG-E2 battery grip that will be included in the sale. Original cost of the grip was $180. Extra battery inlcluded, cost $50. I'm also throwing in a Sigma 55-200mm zoom, which I don't remember the cost of. I think it was around $250 or $300.

So all together, we've got the $1400 kit, plus about $500 worth of accessories. This is the perfect starter package for someone looking to move into a great digital SLR!

Asking price for the whole package....$1200. I'll entertain reasonable offers.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:05 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
S..T!!! I just bought a 20D kit (incl flash) for $990. This is a very nice price.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:10 PM
dubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura aboutdubaudi has a spectacular aura about
Thanks. It's priced to sell. I've got nothing but scam offers from craigslist asking me to ship it to West Africa.
I need to sell.

Old 07-29-2009, 12:16 PM
LTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud ofLTCJMRamos has much to be proud of
Hate to ask as it might get me in trouble, but do you know the differences between the 20D and the 40D? I know the only diff between the 20D and the 30D was the LCD size, no performance diff.

(edit: Found what I need here http://www.dpnotes.com/comparisons/canon40dvs20d.php. Now to see if I can sell the 20D as it looks like the 40D is a worthwhile upgrade.)

Last edited by LTCJMRamos; 07-29-2009 at 12:19 PM.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:24 PM
As far as I can remember, there's a few differences. I also came from a 20D into the 40D.
The 40D has the larger LCD screen, it's more megapixels, fast burst shooting, more ISO range....I think there was a lot more differences, but I honestly don't remember off-hand.

Old 07-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MPowerM3 is on a distinguished road
Done business with Dubaudi in the past! Very good person to do business with! The 40D is a great camera (I shoot one too).

Old 07-31-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd buy it, but just bought a 20D, which I'm trying to resell locally now.

Old 08-01-2009, 12:10 AM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
i went from a 20d and 30d to 40d and am loving it. In terms of picture quality, it's hard to notice much difference right away, but you'll swear it's better after you shoot with the 40 a bit. A great upgrade for sure.

Old 08-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally Posted by MPowerM3
Done business with Dubaudi in the past! Very good person to do business with! The 40D is a great camera (I shoot one too).
Hey thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I try to live by the old kharma rule so I keep it honest.

I sold you my old 20D didn't I...you bought it for a friend I believe?

Old 08-03-2009, 02:42 PM
cohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud ofcohenfive has much to be proud of
the 40d was a big upgrade relative to the 30d (or 20d for that matter). i shoot nikon but my buddies who shoot canon are really happy with the 40d.

Old 08-04-2009, 12:58 PM
Awaiting Email Confirmation
MPowerM3 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dubaudi
Hey thanks man! I appreciate the kind words. I try to live by the old kharma rule so I keep it honest.

I sold you my old 20D didn't I...you bought it for a friend I believe?
Yup, and he uses it almost daily in Thialand!

Old 08-04-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by MPowerM3
Yup, and he uses it almost daily in Thialand!
That's great! I'm glad he's still enjoying it.

Don't you have any other friends that are looking for....I dunno.....a 40D maybe?

Old 08-13-2009, 05:34 PM
mass is infamous around these parts
PM sent

Old 08-17-2009, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by mass
PM sent
replied a few days ago.

Old 11-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Hi folks....I still have this for sale. It's just sitting here unused and needs a good new home.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: FS: Canon 40D kit and lots of accessories