Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

WTB: Watch Winder or Case

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-11-2005, 10:09 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
watch winders are a rip-off!!!

Old 03-11-2005, 10:18 AM
fdb996c2 will become famous soon enoughfdb996c2 will become famous soon enough
Let's see. My watch winder performs a useful function for me, at a price I was willing to pay. How, exactly, did I get ripped off?

Old 03-11-2005, 11:02 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Originally posted by fdb996c2
Let's see. My watch winder performs a useful function for me, at a price I was willing to pay. How, exactly, did I get ripped off?
Because the one I had only spun in one direction and it overwound my Daytona...
I took great pleasure in body slamming the piece of **** onto my garage floor so that it would break into a many pieces as possible. I suppose if I had an expensive model that spun in both directions back and forth, I would not of had this problem...I was just venting...

I just rotate wearing the two nice watches I have. I don't buy the idea that the lub freezes up when the watch is not wound. I suppose if you don't wear the thing for a year, it might be an issue...I am not convinced of the usefulness of these winders other than to keep your watch wound and running...

Old 03-11-2005, 11:14 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
anyone who says winders are useless has obviously never owned a perpetual

Old 03-11-2005, 11:23 AM
SteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud ofSteveH has much to be proud of
ok, this is the box i have:

http://www.scatoladeltempo.com/en/de...etails/7rt.htm

retail price is $3500. I'm not sure if that's the type of money you're looking to spend but it is tip top of the line. It can wind clockwise and counter-clockwise and has 10 programmed winding schedules.

if you'd be interested let me know and we can work something out.

EDIT: i also have a couple nice watches that are going to be for sale soon. if you're in the market for a new watch we could possibly work out a package deal of some sort.

Last edited by SteveH; 03-11-2005 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by SteveH
anyone who says winders are useless has obviously never owned a perpetual
a good perpetual usually comes with it's own winder...There are a lot of **** winders out there....

Old 03-11-2005, 12:05 PM
ok, this is the box i have:

http://www.scatoladeltempo.com/en/de...etails/7rt.htm

retail price is $3500.
Yur firicken nutz spending that kind of doe on a winder. Good for you, you obviously have tons of $$$ to burn...

Old 03-11-2005, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by rockitman
Yur firicken nutz spending that kind of doe on a winder. Good for you, you obviously have tons of $$$ to burn...
it was a gift...

EDIT: and you're right, there are a lot of **** winders out there. A good winder can easily pay for itself pretty quickly when you figure what service fees on an overwound top quality watch run. Also do not discount the value added by keeping the watches in something nice. It adds tremendously to the daily experience.

I've actually never used this box though. It just sat in the closet gathering dust.

Last edited by SteveH; 03-11-2005 at 12:12 PM.
Old 03-11-2005, 07:31 PM
Bobby G is on a distinguished road
it was a gift...

EDIT: and you're right, there are a lot of **** winders out there. A good winder can easily pay for itself pretty quickly when you figure what service fees on an overwound top quality watch run. Also do not discount the value added by keeping the watches in something nice. It adds tremendously to the daily experience.

I've actually never used this box though. It just sat in the closet gathering dust.
Nice gift....

Which watches do you have for sale?

Old 03-11-2005, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Bobby G
Nice gift....

Which watches do you have for sale?
actually seems like i only have one watch for sale. It is an Audemars Piguet Quantieme Perpetual in the rare rose gold case. It's at AP being serviced right now so i'm waiting to officially offer it for sale until i get it back and take some pics. Retail on the watch was $40,000+ i believe. I haven't fully decided on a price yet but it will be incredibly cheap.

-Steve

Old 03-11-2005, 08:48 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
Because the one I had only spun in one direction and it overwound my Daytona...
I took great pleasure in body slamming the piece of **** onto my garage floor so that it would break into a many pieces as possible. I suppose if I had an expensive model that spun in both directions back and forth, I would not of had this problem...I was just venting...

I just rotate wearing the two nice watches I have. I don't buy the idea that the lub freezes up when the watch is not wound. I suppose if you don't wear the thing for a year, it might be an issue...I am not convinced of the usefulness of these winders other than to keep your watch wound and running...
I agree I owned a few Scatola units and while they are good the are not a necessity unless you plan not to wear your watches, I stopped buying and sold 4 of my 5 watches as I never wore them anyway...I find the more watches I had I still wore my Daytona all the time...now I just wear my Explorer II black dial I am always A Stainless Steel guy so no complicated Pateks that I need to keep set...they look dumb on me...

Rockit whats in your watch collection...I just sold my Daytona again for the 15th time in 10 years...and went to an Eplorer II again..always black dials...

Old 03-12-2005, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
IRockit whats in your watch collection...I just sold my Daytona again for the 15th time in 10 years...and went to an Eplorer II again..always black dials...
1998 Rolex Daytona G&S white dial
2000 Blancpain Flyback Chrono, Euro limited edition of 250 in Red Gold, black face. Awesome watch.

As you say, what's the point of too many watches if you can't where them all. The only watch that interests me now is the AP Offshore Montoya edition with the bling CF trim...Just not in the mood to spend upwards of 25k on a watch at this point. I think I can come up with some better idea's for spending or pehaps saving that kind of doe...

Old 03-12-2005, 12:45 PM
Marc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really niceMarc is just really nice
1998 Rolex Daytona G&S white dial
2000 Blancpain Flyback Chrono, Euro limited edition of 250 in Red Gold, black face. Awesome watch.

As you say, what's the point of too many watches if you can't where them all. The only watch that interests me now is the AP Offshore Montoya edition with the bling CF trim...Just not in the mood to spend upwards of 25k on a watch at this point. I think I can come up with some better idea's for spending or pehaps saving that kind of doe...
I tried on the Montoya in Rose Gold..this is a sweet watch and Audemars right now especially the offshores are hot as well they just raised the US Retails over $2,000 on the regular offshores...unreal...like Blancpains great watches

Old 03-12-2005, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Marc996Miami
I tried on the Montoya in Rose Gold..this is a sweet watch and Audemars right now especially the offshores are hot as well they just raised the US Retails over $2,000 on the regular offshores...unreal...like Blancpains great watches
You tried it on and did not leave the store with it on your wrist ?
How much was it ?

Old 03-12-2005, 12:59 PM
JPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really niceJPanamera is just really nice
Red face

thanks for the thread hi-jack.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.