Merchandise For Sale / Wanted Sell anything LEGAL and not car related in this section. A great source to find deals on watches, art, services, and more

Rolex Daytona

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-31-2016, 07:36 AM
SpeedyPro is on a distinguished road
Rolex Daytona

$9500

Comes with inner/outer boxes and sleeve, cards, manuals, hang tags, bezel protector and wiping cloth as delivered when new.
I rate the watch in 90% condition (I wear it every so often and I am sure the condition is not mint.)
The serial prefix is V and is clearly shown on the rehaut; warranty card is filled in and shows a date stamp of 11/2008. Bought from Roth Jewelers, an AD. Clasp is the latest version (code PJ1). Bracelet is 78590.

I love it but I have a ton of other sports watches that I don't wear as it is.

Returns welcome so long as you cover the cost of shipping both ways.

I have a ton of references (professional on LinkedIn) or personal.

Thanks.

Last edited by SpeedyPro; 08-07-2016 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Updated serial and production info as well as clasp info
Old 07-31-2016, 09:10 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
Very Interested, but there has been so many scams with Rolexes on 6spd recently
Are you original owner?

Old 07-31-2016, 08:07 PM
@Myclue - am sorry to hear about the scams with Rolexes on 6spd lately. I recognize that this is an internet sale, but I will welcome a call if you would like to chat. Also, I have over 7600 thoughtful (okay, maybe 10% are thoughtful) posts since 2003 on a major watch collector website. I don't know that I will ever be able to help you overcome whatever issue has occurred with 6spd recently, but I am hopeful the above helps. And, if all else fails, hop on a plane to Chicago and pick the watch up if you like. We have nice weather here and you don't have to worry about a politician closing down a bridge for personal gain. Taxing you until your grandkids retire to cover said politician's pension is another thing. (Joking!)

Oh, I edited my post. I bought the watch (I have a written receipt) from the original owner that purchased it from the AD. The OO's name is on the warranty paperwork and it matches my bill of sale. Hope this helps.

Old 08-06-2016, 04:46 PM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Just for the record, V series 116520 is not 2005 circa, Z series 2007, M series early 2008 as i have both watches. V is late/after 2008.

Basically Z, M, and V are same watch except V series has better clasp.

@OP which clasp # does your watch have? also the clasp on your doesn't look right, has it been polished?

~tp

Old 08-06-2016, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by tphan
Just for the record, V series 116520 is not 2005 circa, Z series 2007, M series early 2008 as i have both watches. V is late/after 2008.

Basically Z, M, and V are same watch except V series has better clasp.

@OP which clasp # does your watch have? also the clasp on your doesn't look right, has it been polished?

~tp
Thanks for the comments, TP.

Clasp is correct and unpolished. It just looks that way because the photo is crappy. I will post up more for interested parties.

Clasp code is PJ1. Bracelet has no code.

I looked at the rehaut and it shows the serial number with V prefix.

Old 08-07-2016, 09:01 AM
tphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond reputetphan has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by SpeedyPro
Thanks for the comments, TP.

Clasp is correct and unpolished. It just looks that way because the photo is crappy. I will post up more for interested parties.

Clasp code is PJ1. Bracelet has no code.

I looked at the rehaut and it shows the serial number with V prefix.
PJ1 = January 2008, there is a 5 digit number right below it. V series has newer clasp 78590. My M series is PJ6 (june 2008) with 78490 clasp.

My only guess is maybe the previous owner swap the bracelet...it's about $500 more expensive than the bracelet on older Daytona.

Or

Rolex didn't put the new bracelet on early V series Daytona.

Thank you & GLWS! you done good job by wearing it, i like see good watch get worn not sit in safe

Old 08-07-2016, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by tphan
PJ1 = January 2008, there is a 5 digit number right below it. V series has newer clasp 78590. My M series is PJ6 (june 2008) with 78490 clasp.

My only guess is maybe the previous owner swap the bracelet...it's about $500 more expensive than the bracelet on older Daytona.

Or

Rolex didn't put the new bracelet on early V series Daytona.

Thank you & GLWS! you done good job by wearing it, i like see good watch get worn not sit in safe
Thanks again, TP. Mine is the 78590 bracelet and new clasp.

BTW, my being unsure of the prefix and year of manufacture explains all the offers I have been receiving. To be clear, this is a 2008 model (V prefix, AD warranty card stamped late 2008 as well.) I have no doubt the bracelet and watch came as one complete unit - no switching done on this watch.

I will post up some better photos as soon as I can get my AirDrop to work between my iPhone and Mac.

Last edited by SpeedyPro; 08-07-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 08-07-2016, 09:44 AM

Old 08-13-2016, 04:13 PM
***Price reduced to $9400US delivered***

Old 08-14-2016, 09:56 AM
Let's keep going...$9300US and we use YOUR FedEx label...

Old 08-15-2016, 07:00 PM
$9200US...using your FedEx account...

Old 09-09-2016, 01:20 PM
The watch, she has been sold.

Efharisto, danka, gracias to all who inquired.

Final price had a 9 in front of it, in case anyone is taking note of such things. (And I am happy to be able to go look for a turbo for my NSX now.)