MD/DC/VA 8/17/08 Cars & Coffee 10AM

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
If you've never done it, you've got to try it just once. You will get hooked. I would say definately do it. In fact, I will loan you my helmet if you want.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
SEAN 996 will become famous soon enoughSEAN 996 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by AudiRS
thanks, i just called and they told me they have open spaces but since it's my first time on the track i have to do to the saturday event.
I would really appreciate it if someone has done it before to tell me how it goes and if it's worth the 200$ for 1 day..
I need to buy a DOT approved helmet as well. Do you guys know where I could get one before tom morning? i know i'm late for this but it doesnt hurt to ask..
Many thanks in advance
Do you need to have any DOT approved helmet? Can it be a motorcycle helmet or a SA rated, for cars, helmet? I haven't done the Shanandoah track but, I will do it some day. And yes 200$ is worth it for the ability to drive your car the way it was meant to be. Just my .02

Chris

Old 08-15-2008, 07:24 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
SA, M all 2000 and above. SCCA rules usually has the most up to date info.

Old 08-15-2008, 09:23 PM
AudiRS is on a distinguished road
thanks for the responses!
@Scott: are you going tomorrow? very nice of you to offer lending me your helmet!

Old 08-15-2008, 10:11 PM
driveral is on a distinguished road
I think it's definitely worth it to run at summit, especially if you've never done it before. It's a great way to learn about car control and a lot of fun as well. What car are you planning on running out there?

Old 08-16-2008, 05:56 AM
No, just planning the Sunday cruise out there. If you aren't there by now, you won't get in. Tech is usually at 7:30-8. If you miss tech, you don't run.

Old 08-16-2008, 01:48 PM
AudiRS is on a distinguished road
i didn't go as i didn't have a helmet.. Spoke to one of the organizers and he told that they might have a few, so called up the other guy, Chris and he told he wasnt sure etc.. so i didn't want to drive for 2 hours total without a guarantee that i was running..
I will see you guys tom morning though.. are we meeting at 10am?

Old 08-16-2008, 04:33 PM
stefenolsen is on a distinguished road
Talking How many?

How many people are going? (Sunday 10:00a.m.)

Old 08-16-2008, 04:59 PM
SEAN 996 will become famous soon enoughSEAN 996 will become famous soon enough
I'll be there for the meet and drive to Summit Point.

Old 08-16-2008, 07:20 PM
lax01 will become famous soon enough
FYI everyone, there is an entry fee to get into the track (ridiculous). It's $15

I don't know if this will change your plans but you'll see some good racing if you come out (and maybe a few crashes, there was about 8 crashes today)...

Old 08-16-2008, 08:02 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
I should be there...the weather will be perfect.

In fact, I've never even been to Summit so I'm ok with just visiting.

Old 08-16-2008, 08:18 PM
photosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to beholdphotosteve is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by lax01
FYI everyone, there is an entry fee to get into the track (ridiculous). It's $15

I don't know if this will change your plans but you'll see some good racing if you come out (and maybe a few crashes, there was about 8 crashes today)...
Is this you? nice ride

I think this is also another 6speeder

Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
I'll try to make it. Is it really $15?

Just got the Honda back from the body shop. Hope it's good convertible weather tomorrow.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:30 AM
Site Sponsor
DrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond reputeDrivenAgain has a reputation beyond repute
c u guys there in the morning

Old 08-17-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm a definate. See everyone at 10:30. can't pass up a gorgeous day to cruise and see lotto Porsches on the track.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MD/DC/VA 8/17/08 Cars & Coffee 10AM