Fun Run to the Summit Point Spring Festival; Sat. May 9th; 7:45-8:45 Meet; 9am Depart

Old 05-05-2009, 05:57 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Talking Fun Run to the Summit Point Spring Festival; Sat. May 9th; 7:45-8:45 Meet; 9am Depart

FUN RUN to the SUMMIT POINT SPRING FESTIVAL

“FAMILY FUN at the PARK”

[Saturday, May 9th 7:45-8:45am Meet; 9:00am Departure]

When: Saturday, May 9th… We will meet between 7:45–8:45am for a prompt 9:00am departure time.

Where: The meeting place is right off I-70 on the way to Summit Point… We will gather in the parking lot of the Weis Market in Frederick, MD. A McDonalds and gas stations are nearby… Directions below:

Bring: A full tank of gas + $5.00 person cash to enter Summit Point… A desire to drive your car on curvy scenic roads, show your car off at the Cruis-in and DRIVE YOUR CAR ON THE TRACK

Event Info: The paddock area is open to the public and concession stand will be open for lunch… You can enjoy the activities from the bleachers or bring a chair and pick out your own great spot… THERE IS A $5.00 ENTRY FEE PER PERSON to the Summit Point Spring Festival… Those that enter their car in the Cruise-in (that’s ALL of us) will have a couple of opportunities to drive your car on the track...

RSVP: RSVP to ken@euroscc.org – PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU RSVP TO BE ALLOWED TO DRIVE ON THE TRACK!!!!

Event Fee: $5.00 per PERSON for EVENT ENTRY - Payable at the gate to Summit Point.

Questions? Email me at: ken@euroscc.org ... Everyone will get detailed directions the day of the event…

Directions to Weis in Frederick:

From RT 70 West:

Get off I-70 at Exit 49 which is ALT 40 - MIDDLETOWN exit… At the end of the exit ramp turn RIGHT on ALT 40 and continue to OLD CAMP RD and turn LEFT… Then IMMEDIATELY turn LEFT into the Weis Markets parking lot…

From other areas: Use your GPS or favorite online mapping program and head to address:

Weis Markets
2 Old Camp Rd & ALT-Rt40
Frederick, MD 21702

Hope to see you on Saturday

Old 05-05-2009, 06:35 PM
DoNDoN is on a distinguished road
This looks like fun. Do you mind if I post this on some BMW boards?

Old 05-05-2009, 07:35 PM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by DoNDoN
This looks like fun. Do you mind if I post this on some BMW boards?
No problem...

Old 05-06-2009, 07:29 AM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
I like this idea. The Summit site does not have the festival details available. What is the track event we can do? Is it just a parade or a Hyperdrive session? This will determine whether I switch to the Toyos or not for the run.

Those who have never been to the track, this is your chance for a taste. Bring a helmet, long sleeve T and pants and you are set. Verts must be caged.

Old 05-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Originally Posted by Scott in SS MD
I like this idea. The Summit site does not have the festival details available. What is the track event we can do? Is it just a parade or a Hyperdrive session?
Those of us showing our cars in the car show (Cruis-in) will have at least a couple opportunities to take our cars our on the track between races. I'm positive they will have a pace car with us to make sure we don't go bananas. This will be on the Main Circuit.

The route I've chosen to Summit Point is one of my favorites tour routes. The roads are spectacular with lots of twists and turns. Yes, Shirley Road is in the mix (take your seasick pills)...

Hope to see you Saturday morning at the meeting place...

Old 05-06-2009, 09:21 AM
sandan03 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by bull30
Those of us showing our cars in the car show (Cruis-in) will have at least a couple opportunities to take our cars our on the track between races. I'm positive they will have a pace car with us to make sure we don't go bananas. This will be on the Main Circuit.

The route I've chosen to Summit Point is one of my favorites tour routes. The roads are spectacular with lots of twists and turns. Yes, Shirley Road is in the mix (take your seasick pills)...

Hope to see you Saturday morning at the meeting place...
What Bull said. The $5 basically gets a few low speed parade laps. A few extra dollars gets a few more parade laps during lunch time.

Apparently, there is also a $95 FATT session on that Saturday, that needs to be registered for as for a standard FATT.

Old 05-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
man I'm missing all these events
On a more "Sunny" note I'm off to Cali tomorrow!

Old 05-06-2009, 11:22 AM
bubbletea_335i is on a distinguished road
i'm down for it if the weather isnt too crappy.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:08 PM
AudiRS is on a distinguished road
Interested in this. Do we need a helmet to be able to drive our cars on the track? Thanks!!

Old 05-06-2009, 07:18 PM
JT3
JT3 will become famous soon enoughJT3 will become famous soon enough
You mean I have to bring cash to enter Summit?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by AudiRS
Interested in this. Do we need a helmet to be able to drive our cars on the track? Thanks!!
No. The parade laps are typically very slow and have pace cars in the front and rear. They can contain all manner of spectator cars. The last one I did I was behind a 20 year old pickup truck with a minivan following me. Speed never topped 40 MPH.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:59 PM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
I thought I was going to have to drive to CT to pick my son up from school Saturday, but my brother just called from Boston saying he can bring him home. I am off the hook! I will be there

Old 05-07-2009, 06:10 AM
Ken Lally is on a distinguished road
Im interested - watching weather....

Old 05-07-2009, 06:56 AM
DaveC20853 is on a distinguished road
I would love to go and would if I wasn't going to be in Tennessee this weekend doing the home inspection on the house we're buying down there.

Have another good run before the surgery.

Old 05-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Who's keeping the body count on this thing?

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Fun Run to the Summit Point Spring Festival; Sat. May 9th; 7:45-8:45 Meet; 9am Depart