Turning to the darkside

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-26-2009, 03:18 PM
avonlady has a spectacular aura aboutavonlady has a spectacular aura about
Turning to the darkside

Hey everyone, Well last week I said my good byes and sold the viper and picked up a 08 997 TT. Its at Annapolis Porsche right now getting the PPI done. So if all goes well I am going to be picking it up tomorrow afternoon. It has been a long search for the right car but now its finally here. I wish I could have kepted the viper but berk said that if I were to stay with 6speed I need to get with the progarm and drive a porsche. I need to find a cheaper club to belong to gezz.
Thanks to everyone for the help and the passing of knowledge with the TT cars. I will def. have a bunch of pics up tomorrow. And hopefully have the mods list ready as well.

Thanks again,
Mike

Old 10-26-2009, 03:36 PM
DoNDoN is on a distinguished road
Congrats on the car. I think you made the right choice. I cannot wait to see it on the next meet/drive.

Old 10-26-2009, 04:34 PM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Congrats!

Old 10-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Schwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura aboutSchwabe has a spectacular aura about
Very nice, I just dropped my white tt off there today again after exhaust now suspension.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:49 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Cool, glad to hear it! Do you have pics? (Edit: Oh, I see!) I'll tell my dad your car is there.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Hey Justin I asked for you dad but he was busy so I talked mostly with Rick for the PPI. Is your Dad going to be there tomorrow I will introduce myself to him?

Old 10-26-2009, 08:01 PM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Sure. I've mentioned you're coming

Old 10-26-2009, 09:55 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Congrats!

Old 10-27-2009, 05:54 AM
deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !deckman Is a GOD !
Good to hear about the new car. Lot's of envious people here!

Old 10-27-2009, 09:10 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Mikey Mike - You are now officially apart of the 6speed crew!!!! hahahahahaha.....welcome aboard. Damn man, we've got some influence on people here.....first it was Allen getting the TT, then Mike getting a TT.....I better get with the program and get some sort of a PTT or I'll be impeached as the SOCIAL CHAIR here.....hahahahahaha.....I still have regrets of not buying Van's TT....

Old 10-28-2009, 03:42 AM
I brought her home last night. Though it was not the best of drives. But I can say if had driven the viper through all that rain I would have been real nervous. The Porsche held great. I am hoping for it to clear up some but will most def. have pics up later on today.

Old 10-28-2009, 04:47 AM
Almo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant futureAlmo has a brilliant future
Mike,

The one thing that surprised me was the 6TT ability to move out even in the rain. When I picked mine up in NJ, I had to drive 4 hours back in the rain. The only time it got a little squirrelly was when I hit some standing water but this was very slight at most as I wasn't traveling at speeds much over the speed limit and this was while it was pouring.

Having said that, curious as to why you thought it wasn't the best of drives, due to the rain itself and having to take the 7TT out in it or nervous about the drivability/handling in the rain?

Old 10-28-2009, 09:24 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Driving home a Porsche TT Supercar in the rain is a rite of passage gentlemen...it's something I for sure am looking forward to doing myself soon.....you know what, I'm going to take it a step up and go total German amigos and drive my TT home in a SNOW STORM one day!!!! HAHAHAHA

Mike - Pix of the car immediately or IT NEVER HAPPENED!!!!!

Old 10-28-2009, 09:35 AM
Hey Allen, I meant by not the best of drives because with my first real drive (Last night) I could not really open her up and have some fun. But with driving in the the rain all I can say is WOW. I was probably going anywhere from 65 to 75 to 80 on 495 with out a problem at all. With all my others car in the past they were all fair weather rides. But this is why I got a Porsche. I want to be able to drive it when its less than 40 out and still be able to drive straight. I had 2 vipers before and they were only good for 4 to 5 months a year. Those PS2's are ice skates without heat to them.

Oh and by the way your new TT is really nice. I just fixed up my garage likes yours but now have 500 boxes and crap in it from my wife. She is like "this is a garage its supposed to have old and dirty things put in it" Tear drop haha.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:02 AM
haha I have no clue how to post pics. Someone help me pleaseeeee<br>

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Turning to the darkside