CRAP - Got a virus on the computer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 09:28 PM
John Ferguson has a spectacular aura aboutJohn Ferguson has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
I'm not sure where this one hundred dollar fee is coming from.
damon@tirerack mentioned Dell charged his uncle $100 for the same issue.

There is a difference between hardware warrenty and software technical support. My laptop monitor got a hot spot, Dell sent a tech to my house and they replaced the screen, free, under warrenty. I get a virus because I let my virus update license expire ... not a warrenty issue. Even though software problems are not a warrenty issue, Dell would probably be glad to walk you through the restore process if you need assistance. They want you to be a satisfied customer.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:55 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by boochook
Here's the thing. I have a 5 year warranty when I bought the computer. Could it be you guys didn't have the warranty???
Jesus Berk! F'in call them and stop listening to BS. Just have the serial number on the bottom of your computer handy.

http://support.dell.com/support/topi...n/by_phone_DHS

Last edited by 9Eleven; 01-12-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:02 AM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by John Ferguson
damon@tirerack mentioned Dell charged his uncle $100 for the same issue.
Hearsay, I did it myself, not my uncle, brother, sister, cousin, pet chinchilla.....................They charged me nothing, nada, zilch, zero.

Last edited by 9Eleven; 01-12-2010 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Originally Posted by boochook
Enough of this MS CRAP!!!!
Sad to see another person go. Grass is not always greener though, Apple has been releasing patches for various viruses on their OS as well. Firefox also had more vulnerabilities than IE.

Pretty much all you need is Win7 and Windows Defender, you almost have to go out of your way to get a virus, they do not mysteriously install and self activate with you just sitting there.

Also, most antivirus (especially Norton) should not lapse. They all have auto-updating capabilities, and should usually be set to update at least once a day, if not check for an update every hour.

BTW, I would not go with Dell if you decide you don't want an Apple after all. Dell is notorious for loading all types of useless "bloatware" on their machines. Their components are less than satisfactory as well. I'd highly recommend HP instead, if not a boutique shop like hypersonic-pc, or Sager.