Wheel/Tire Shop Recommendation

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 02:32 PM
gnathologist is on a distinguished road
Wheel/Tire Shop Recommendation

Hey Guys,

I just got a set of BBS E88 wheels and I need a reputable shop that can seal the wheels (silicone seal between the barrels) and mount my tires without damaging them.
Just wondering if you guys can recommend any shops near IMA Motorsports since my wheels are there.

By the way, I won't be taking my wheels to Radial Tire. No experience, but it just looked like a mad house from my first visit.

Thanks!

Seung

Old 05-29-2010, 06:49 PM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gnathologist
Hey Guys,

I just got a set of BBS E88 wheels and I need a reputable shop that can seal the wheels (silicone seal between the barrels) and mount my tires without damaging them.
Just wondering if you guys can recommend any shops near IMA Motorsports since my wheels are there.

By the way, I won't be taking my wheels to Radial Tire. No experience, but it just looked like a mad house from my first visit.

Thanks!

Seung
It always does look like a mad house. But trust me there is a definite order in that chaos. A few seem to have had bad experiences. But my experience there were always great. They somehow can balance problematic wheels/tires like no one can. I don't know if they do the sealing you need though.

Old 05-29-2010, 08:05 PM
gnathologist is on a distinguished road
Hey Al,

Did you get your tires mounted on your new wheels from there? My used wheels are far from being perfect, but I really don't want deep scratches.
If you can trust Radial Tire with your new wheels, I guess I shouldn't worry

Is there anyone in particular that you work with?

One more thing, did you just take your wheels/tires to Radial Tire on GT3RS? I can't imagine clearing the shop entrance/exit with your car...

Seung

Old 05-29-2010, 09:02 PM
atleung will become famous soon enoughatleung will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by gnathologist
Hey Al,

Did you get your tires mounted on your new wheels from there? My used wheels are far from being perfect, but I really don't want deep scratches.
If you can trust Radial Tire with your new wheels, I guess I shouldn't worry

Is there anyone in particular that you work with?

One more thing, did you just take your wheels/tires to Radial Tire on GT3RS? I can't imagine clearing the shop entrance/exit with your car...

Seung
I have not been there yet with my RS yet because the tires i need are still not available in the US. But I have been there with all my other Porsches, including my 997 which also had polished HRE. No matter what shop does it, there is bound to be some minor scuff marks. I don't recall getting deep scratches. I would rather get a scuff mark or two than to not have them balanced correctly. If you go there, try to talk to Paul who is the owner and a very strong supporter of the local PCA. Just ask him to ask his boys to be careful. Tip the tech when done. You are right about the steep approach. I usually go past the shop then make a U turn so I can enter in an angle. BTW, I saw your car nicely tucked away with the engine out at Ivan's. He told me about your next project. You are crazy! He would kill me for saying it, but you need to stop so you can actually enjoy the car. Leave the major projects for the winter. See you around.