Operation Kindness / Wounded Warrior - Car Show Pizza Social - October 24, 2010

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-14-2010, 12:52 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Operation Kindness / Wounded Warrior - Car Show Pizza Social - October 24, 2010

Hey guys...

I was invited to attend the this event by one of the organizers. I attended last year and it was a great time. Good event, great cause!

I RSVP'd and asked permission to extend the invite to my fellow car enthusiasts.

Here's the email I received in it's entirety:

Dear Sportscar Enthusiast!

We were thrilled you could join us during our last two events and are extending one more opportunity this year to honor and serve our hero veterans recovering at Walter Reed Army Medical Center. We will be showing our gratitude, support during two hours of food and fellowship around our vehicles!

Space is limited and registration will be based upon first come first serve, so register to show your car and attend today! The event will be held rain or shine.

A list needs to be provided to Walter Reed Army Medical Center Military Police by 10/21/10 with attendee's name, best tel. no and make/model and year of the vehicle you will be bringing. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

OPERATION KINDNESS POWERSHIFT2024 October 24, 2010 CAR SHOW PIZZA SOCIAL
FOR WOUNDED WARRIORS:

OKM and PowerShift2024 will have a CAR SHOW PIZZA SOCIAL at the Walter Reed Army Medical Center on Sunday, 10/24/10, 2-4 pm. This event is exclusively to honor our Wounded Warrior heros and their families. To show your car please contact Julia Selah at 703 216 0712 (cell), if no answer, Tom Parke at 703 795-4939 (cell) or npjulia@aol.com. Car registration opens October 1, 2010. Limited number of cars will be allowed. Several compassionate volunteers needed to assist wounded heros as they view the cars.

Email npjulia@aol.com to register without delay or call Julia @ 703-216-0712 with questions. Location address will be provided to confirmed registrants.

With great gratitude and anticipation of a wonderful day with our recovering wounded warrior heros!
Julia Olijnyk Selah/Tom Parke with the entire PowerShift2024 Team
Shirley Garris with the entire Operation Kindness Team

Old 10-14-2010, 06:27 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Julius - I think I might join. One of my really good friend's is a Wounded Warrior and Purple Heart Recipient. I'm sure he'd go as well. Let me know what I need to do and we can roll all together.

Old 10-14-2010, 06:33 PM
Misanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant futureMisanors4 has a brilliant future
I'd love to go as well. I could use some advice from these guys since I'll be down at Benning in March. How long is the drive to Walter Reed?

Old 10-14-2010, 09:46 PM
JVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura aboutJVproM6 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by boochook
Julius - I think I might join. One of my really good friend's is a Wounded Warrior and Purple Heart Recipient. I'm sure he'd go as well. Let me know what I need to do and we can roll all together.
Berk, sounds good bro! The text above was the initial contact. I replied to the POC with my info and she gave me more info. Go ahead and email her, she was pretty quick to respond.

I'm definitely down to roll out together.

FYI... In the spring there were a lot of cool cars. A few F-Cars from out of town. A Testarossa from PA and a Scuderia from Richmond. Like I said, good times for a great cause.

Old 10-15-2010, 08:01 AM
VNDETTASupra is infamous around these parts
I will be attending this event as well. I was one of the planners for the spring event at Walter Reed and it was definitely a huge success. I can tell you right now if you haven't been to one its well worth the time and effort to support these brave men and women. To see the looks on the faces of the troops when the cars roll in is awesome. They really enjoyed seeing the cars as well as talking to the owners. Space is limited, so if you are planning to come let me know via the thread or PM and I will put you in touch with the right people to get more information.

Thanks guys!
Court

Old 10-15-2010, 08:33 AM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
If Court is going, then I'm OUT....HAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Court - Mark me down, I think I'm going to make this happen.

Old 10-15-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally Posted by boochook
If Court is going, then I'm OUT....HAHAHAHAA!!!!!

Court - Mark me down, I think I'm going to make this happen.
Hey Berk!!! I'll let the planners know. You may have to email them a bit of info as you have to pass a security gate to enter Walter Reed. Maybe we can roll over there together if you want. I'll drive the daily so you can keep up

Old 10-15-2010, 01:25 PM
......and I'll drive my daily so I can help you with your daily in case it breaks down and needs a tow.

Originally Posted by VNDETTASupra
Hey Berk!!! I'll let the planners know. You may have to email them a bit of info as you have to pass a security gate to enter Walter Reed. Maybe we can roll over there together if you want. I'll drive the daily so you can keep up

Old 10-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally Posted by Misanors4
I'd love to go as well. I could use some advice from these guys since I'll be down at Benning in March. How long is the drive to Walter Reed?
Here's a link of Walter Reed's location with directions from Tysons Corner, VA (19.7 miles, 30 min travel time):

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Tysons+corner,+va&daddr= Dahlia+St+NW,+Washington,+District+of+Columbia+200 12+(Walter+Reed+Army+Medical+Center+memorial+Chape l)&hl=en&geocode=FULaUQIdDIxl-yn5W_hi8Eq2iTH6332u8QVIfA%3BFde5UgIdqY5o-yGOXhYkrdu33A&mra=ls&sll=38.975859,-77.031852&sspn=0.005321,0.009645&ie=UTF8&ll=38.965 282,-77.13913&spn=0.176983,0.308647&t=h&z=12

Berk/Court: Where we meeting to roll out together? Tysons?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:07 AM
Berk & Court...

Would you guys like to roll out together?

Old 10-20-2010, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by JVproM6
Berk & Court...

Would you guys like to roll out together?
Hey Juls,

I usually go down Georgetown Pike and pick up 495 just before the American Legion Bridge, then take 495 to Georgia. This helps avoid the Tyson's corner area and all the construction as well. Do you want to meet at the Katie's C&C location and then head out from there?

Berk/Misanors4 - All you still planning to come out? If you are, could you please PM me your car and best contact information so that I can relay that to the event planners. Thanks!

Old 10-20-2010, 09:01 AM
Originally Posted by VNDETTASupra
Hey Juls,

I usually go down Georgetown Pike and pick up 495 just before the American Legion Bridge, then take 495 to Georgia. This helps avoid the Tyson's corner area and all the construction as well. Do you want to meet at the Katie's C&C location and then head out from there?

Berk/Misanors4 - All you still planning to come out? If you are, could you please PM me your car and best contact information so that I can relay that to the event planners. Thanks!
Court,

Sounds good to me. Let me know what time you want to meet up.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:34 AM
Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !Gunther Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

I went to the spring event and was humbled by the brave Men and Women I saw and spoke with. I will be unable to attend this event but encourage anyone else to go and get a lesson on life and see what courage looks like.

I will make the next one of these events!

Make sure to take pictures and post them up.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:38 AM
Originally Posted by Gunther
I went to the spring event and was humbled by the brave Men and Women I saw and spoke with. I will be unable to attend this event but encourage anyone else to go and get a lesson on life and see what courage looks like.

I will make the next one of these events!

Make sure to take pictures and post them up.

Hey Gunther!

Thanks for your support of this great cause. Sorry to hear you won't be able to make it this time around. There will be someone there taking pictures throughout the event, I'll try to post some up when I get them.

Take care,
Court

Old 10-20-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally Posted by JVproM6
Court,

Sounds good to me. Let me know what time you want to meet up.
Juls,

You have a PM.

Court