9/11 Ride for Pride (2011)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 09:15 AM
Immo is on a distinguished road
9/11 Ride for Pride (2011)

https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=212064755502621

For those unfamiliar with this cruise, it's purpose is to remember For all who lost their lives on September 11, 2001. It also holds the purpose of expressing our support and gratitude to all the men and women of this nation's armed forces, who right now are ensuring that we have the right, and the freedom, to conduct this event.

This event was conceived in 2002, by D. Charleton (Terminator X), and with the assistance of M. Gonzales (Gonzo) and C. Pryce. The first Ride for Pride (RFP) had about 10 vehicles in attendance. This event has grown with each year that passes. The 2008 RFP had over 90 vehicles in attendance, including members from F-Body Hideout, Eastern F-Body Association, LS1Tech, LS1.com, LS1GTO, CCGTO, SRT Forums, and others.

The following is the video from the 2006 5th Annual Ride for Pride, as done by Joe Goss (Wreck):
http://www.fquick.com/videos/2006_9/...for_Pride/8593

The staging area, route, and departure time have all changed for this year. Traffic and construction have become too much of a hazard to journey all the way around the Beltway. Please make sure you read all the information and are up to date.

When: Saturday, September 10, 2011.

Time: RFP will depart at 4:00PM. Please make sure you are on time, and have fuel, stragglers will have to catch up. Some of us will arrive around 2PM, to detail cars or catch up with those we have not seen in awhile, etc.

Staging area: The Horner Road Park & Ride (Prince William County) Intersection of I-95 and Prince William County Parkway

Directions: I-95 North... Take Exit 158. Head west on the Prince William County Parkway.

Duration/Distance: RFP will travel about 20 miles, and last 30 to 45 minutes, depending on traffic. Please make sure you have enough fuel to complete the cruise.

Route: We will leave the commuter lot to get on the Restricted Lanes(aka HOV lanes). We will travel North and exit onto Route 27, and then turn right to get into the Pentagon North Parking area. The cruise will end at that point.

Conduct: No burnouts, No donuts, No racing, we are not at the track. BE RESPONSIBLE.

Vehicles allowed: F-Body V6/V8, Mustang/Cobra V6/V8, Corvette, Viper, GTO new and old, GN/GNX/Grand National, Impala SS new/old, old-school/classic muscle car/hotrod, GM/Ford/Chrysler nameplates, stuff like that. Also consider this statement by D. Charleton from a few years ago ... "It's not like if you show up you'll be turned away."

Please be sure to bring/have an American flag to put on your car, or something to show support for our servicemen/women.

This year's cruise again has a lot to live up to. Please help me make this 'a cruise to remember'. Let us come together and show that we remember what happened on that awful day; and that we support our servicemen/women.

Old 06-28-2011, 11:41 AM
karmavore is on a distinguished road
This is a great cause and everything, and I'm sincerely not the least bit homophobic...

...but "Ride for Pride" is a horrible name for this event.

Jus' sayin'

Old 06-28-2011, 12:07 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Great cause, but why are PCars and other Euro/Japanese makes not welcome? This is a Porsche Forum after all.

Old 06-28-2011, 12:21 PM
Scott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant futureScott in SS MD has a brilliant future
Even though they make a majority of imports here in the states now, it's still not 'Amuricun' made.

+1 on the whole pride thing. Was expecting some ghey parade details.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
I thought this was a ride for gay awareness as well upon reading the title...maybe change the name to "Ride for Freedom" or "We will never forget charity Drive" or something...

I know GTlazer probably got very excited about this event until he found out it wasn't a ghey event ! haha j/k bro :-)

Old 06-30-2011, 01:39 PM
djParis has a spectacular aura aboutdjParis has a spectacular aura about
"Sure you guys can come, just sit over there......."

Old 06-30-2011, 06:50 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
yeah I know right 6speed is primarily a Porsche forum...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:00 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sunir
I thought this was a ride for gay awareness as well upon reading the title...maybe change the name to "Ride for Freedom" or "We will never forget charity Drive" or something...

I know GTlazer probably got very excited about this event until he found out it wasn't a ghey event ! haha j/k bro :-)
Yeah I was hoping I could finally support you coming out.... ..... Look who's the one spelling laser with a "Z".... Must be that lisp of yours.....

Old 06-30-2011, 07:21 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by GTLaser
Yeah I was hoping I could finally support you coming out.... ..... Look who's the one spelling laser with a "Z".... Must be that lisp of yours.....
hahaha holy crap LMFAO!!! ....yo we def gotta meet up sometime...I'm in Bmore now right in the coty...you should come up and hang out, lots of cool spots...

Old 06-30-2011, 07:25 PM
GTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to beholdGTLaser is a splendid one to behold
hahaha holy crap LMFAO!!! ....yo we def gotta meet up sometime...I'm in Bmore now right in the coty...you should come up and hang out, lots of cool spots...
No Homo Bro!

Crossing over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.... Coming from NYC.... Man are we hijacking this thread....

Old 06-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by GTLaser
No Homo Bro!

Crossing over the Delaware Memorial Bridge.... Coming from NYC.... Man are we hijacking this thread....
lol on your way back from Pride week in Chelsea I see...!

No Seriously bro hit me up sometime if you are going thru bmore...I'm stuck at work still now

Old 06-30-2011, 10:41 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by KJM3SMG
yeah I know right 6speed is primarily a Porsche forum...
There's actually a lot of domestic muscle in the Mid-Atlantic section of 6speed. A few Dodge Vipers, Corvettes/Z06's, GT500's, etc.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:31 PM
KJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond reputeKJM3SMG has a reputation beyond repute
we know that, but IIRC it started out primarily Porsches, Ferraris, etc... then they added all the other types.. besides most of the owners had/have Porsches and have other cars like those.

If you look 996 Turbo was the main car ownership.. even the thread/post count reflect so even now after many years.

I just find it weird to exclude Porsches/Ferraris/etc... to me the more diff. types of cars the better

Old 07-01-2011, 12:48 PM
I think it's more an American event since it's a reflection and rememberance of an American tragedy on Sept. 11 ... so I can understand why they want American cars and what not, and I can respect that they want to exclude other makes/models....it's good they should have their own event...it fits well with the cars and the spirit of the event...

But then again Sept 11th = 911 !!!!! haha so Porsche should have at least a little significance/reason to join in LOL!

Old 07-01-2011, 12:51 PM
But then again Sept 11th = 911 !!!!! haha so Porsche should have at least a little significance/reason to join in LOL!
yeah one of the first things I thought of when that happened was maybe they'll phase out the 911 name...

I think the world mourned with the US tho during the tragedy but yeah I get your point

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 9/11 Ride for Pride (2011)