Business propositions from strangers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 01:22 PM
st4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to allst4rk is a name known to all
Question Business propositions from strangers

This is the second time this has happened to me in the span of 30 days. Both times I had just stepped out of my Maserati and someone starts a convo about it, which leads to them propositioning me. Easy for them to lead me on because I automatically assume it's just some enthusiast asking me the typical questions.

Anyways, first time I was filling up at a gas station. Dude was talking about supplemental income, regarding endorsements or something. Said he was a business owner and wanted to chat sometime because he "liked the way I carried myself".

Second time was today at Best Buy. Something business and marketing related, didn't make much sense to me. Said he used to be the GM at a dealership and gave up his $180k/yr income to try this out and has been doing it for six months.

Has anyone else had this happen to them? I'm sure they're both pyramid schemes or something, but the people are always pretty intelligent sounding and personable.

Old 08-05-2011, 03:22 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Hasn't happened to me ...but I think this thing would happen with certain cars like luxury sedans coupes (CL/SL/S klasse and Bentley etc..etc..) as opposed to sports cars...

Old 08-05-2011, 03:40 PM
boochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond reputeboochook has a reputation beyond repute
Tell them unless it involves human trafficking you are not interested.

Old 08-06-2011, 09:40 AM
CollaudatoreSV is on a distinguished road
Fortunately not. I'm a bit surprised that they're targeting someone who clearly figured out how to make a few bucks already. I would expect the technique of propositioning (scamming) someone in a parking lot would be reserved for common folk who are desperate and gullible. Then again perhaps their technique isn't working very well so they're going after anyone in hopes of success.

Anyone that leaves a $180k/yr. job to scam people in a parking lot is either a moron or a liar, IMO. Kinda sad that it would seem less unusual if he was peddling narcotics...

Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 AM
chrcowan has a spectacular aura aboutchrcowan has a spectacular aura about
This happens to me all the time...but today and TODAY only, I will be willing to share with you my secret five-step process for getting out of it.

Old 08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Lowcash is on a distinguished road
@ Chris.

I've been approached by 5Linx 'reps' and laugh at them every time. It's hard to sell a communication package to anyone with a basic understanding of communications; even harder to sell to an IT guy, especially when I ask questions you cannot answer.

I was approached by another 'scam' when I was in Home Depot but I don't remember the company.

Old 08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by chrcowan
This happens to me all the time...but today and TODAY only, I will be willing to share with you my secret five-step process for getting out of it.
All he has to do is send you three easy payments of $49.99!

Old 08-08-2011, 08:42 PM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
But wait I've got an even better deal! Women will swoon, you'll look awesome with a full head of hair and you'll never worry about money again!