Beware!! Fairfax has 2012 Undercover GTR!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 09:10 PM
987Box is on a distinguished road
Beware!! Fairfax has 2012 Undercover GTR!

Heads up. A friend spotted it on 66 with a car pulled over this past weekend. I didn't believe him until I saw this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY-AL...layer_embedded

Old 10-03-2011, 09:23 PM
Jamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the roughJamerikan is a jewel in the rough
Will have to see this to believe that it's really a cop car. Cannot believe that our taxes are going into this? If true, this is some crap man. I guess the back-up car will bring you to jail, if necessary, or will you be taken in the front seat?

Old 10-03-2011, 09:28 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I'm going to jail just for a ride....

Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Fairfax used to have two BMW marked police cars. I suspect this came from the same method - forfeiture.

Last edited by Estoril; 10-03-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:32 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Its not playing for some reason... Trying to load it using my iPhone browsing this thread and doesn't seem to work... Did they remove it or access to it ?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
Well I sure feel safer, sure sure!!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 AM
Photog is a jewel in the roughPhotog is a jewel in the roughPhotog is a jewel in the rough
It is smart though if you think about it. GTR is cruising at night and some idiot comes up wanting to race and POW! ticket. They used a system like that for awhile. Like said, I would need to see it to believe it. I hope that day does not come when I see it behind me. I am very confused by this video, does it play ice cream truck music when the lights flash?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:59 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
I believe I saw this video on the nagtroc forum a week or two ago. Didn't realize it was a Virginian law enforcement. People on facebook say it's a Virginia state police vehicle. who knows..

I guess the purpose would be to catch people street racing.
Aside from that.. whats the purpose of it?

Old 10-04-2011, 10:20 AM
simtiaz has a spectacular aura aboutsimtiaz has a spectacular aura about
I've seen Mustangs, Chargers, Camaros, Impalas, Ford SUVs, and Pickups all unmarked cars on 66 and fairfax county parkways didn't think they would spend close to 100k on a police car to catch a speedster, good to know our hard earn tax money is going to a "GOOD" use..

Old 10-04-2011, 10:39 AM
Mmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the roughMmalesic is a jewel in the rough
Lets invite him to Katies and some other car meets.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:40 AM
Former Vendor
Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !Tom@Champion Is a GOD !
New York used to confiscate cars from street racers or people busted for drug dealing....they would convert them into market NYPD cars to set an example.

Back in the day I can't tell you how many 5.0 Mustang NYPD cars I used to see...LOL

Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
Estoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really niceEstoril is just really nice
Originally Posted by Mmalesic
I believe I saw this video on the nagtroc forum a week or two ago. Didn't realize it was a Virginian law enforcement. People on facebook say it's a Virginia state police vehicle. who knows..

I guess the purpose would be to catch people street racing.
Aside from that.. whats the purpose of it?

If they get it for free - there isn't much of a downside - other than paying for maintenance. They could argue that they need to pay for one less unmarked car - saving money for the taxpayer.

And it probably DOES pull in a lot of street racing boneheads..... meaning revenue.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:36 AM
colt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of lightcolt45 is a glorious beacon of light
well its just like a Sheriff in NC that has a C6 Z06 and his cruiser.

http://content.usatoday.com/communit.../07/68495287/1

Old 10-04-2011, 01:02 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Ok saw the vid...haha WOW looks like another reason to stay out of VA...as ruthless and aggressive the Commonwealth is for pursuing traffic violations makes perfect sense that those sneaky bast*rds would invest in a GTR, heck maybe even throw in a few lambos, Porsches, and Ferrari while at it, I would not put it past them, they have helicopters watching in the sky now as well. The Commonwealth has money, it's not broke like some other states... and it's DEAD serious about traffic violations and speeding, and very very heavy on fines and jail sentences for offenses.

Old 10-04-2011, 01:23 PM
gsrjc will become famous soon enough
well, once people start noticing this black GTR, they won't be trying to race it since the word will be out that it's a cop.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.