Looking for PDR expert

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-18-2011, 10:51 PM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Looking for PDR expert

Looking for recommendation for paintless dent removal (PDR) professional for a very Small ding on fuel filler flap... Looking for someone who can come to my work/home preferably, but I will go to them if they are excellent and choose to work in their own shop. thanks

Old 12-18-2011, 11:10 PM
sempaipaul will become famous soon enough
ygpm

-Paul

Old 12-19-2011, 08:06 AM
RINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud of
Happy to help you Sunir, But I only have 8 years experience.

Is the cover easily removable?

Send me a PM if you would like me to take a look at it.

Rick

Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 AM
sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !sunir Is a GOD !
Rick hey I met you at the Tubby's Breakfast and cruise event, how are you? Juan mentioned that you do PDR and I think Bull said something about your work also. Please contact me, you can call me at (202) 641 - 8211 or email me at sunirghosal@hotmail.com

SempaiPaul...thanks for the PM appreciate it, Good to know you have a person with a good deal of experience whom you trust so much.

Here's the deal, I need this job done either tomorrow or Wednesday (12/20 - 12/21 respectively). I think it's a pretty small job and could be handled by a pro with relative swiftness, from what it appears to be. If it is raining we would probably like to work indoors if it's not then I am assuming the work can be done outside, even if the temps are cold, is that right? If you can come to me that's prefered if not we will have to coordinate, again the main thing I am after is a perfect result, it makes the logistics worth it in the end. I don't have info on the gas flap, if it's removable, if it's not, etc... you may like to do your own due diligence and come equiped with the expertise and knowledge to perform the task and have the right tools (mechanical and/or craft related), the car is a '02 996 GT2, Porsche can probably help you with any questions or a parts diagram or something (like say any special tools or sockets if needed) I would suspect.

thanks guys

Old 12-20-2011, 04:50 PM
Wanted to say thanks for Rick coming out to try to help with the PDR this morning, unfortunately looks like the c-clip spring there doesn't have an area to go back under so we talked about it and dunno that PDR alone work in this case, I am working ona solution but I wanted to put a post to thank Rick for coming all the way out to my work today to try and help me on such short notice, that was super cool of him

Old 12-20-2011, 07:50 PM
RINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud ofRINGSROC has much to be proud of
Thanks Sunir. Always happy to take a look.
Sorry it was not an ideal candidate for the PDR process. Just in a bad aria directly under the hinge/spring, and a bit sharp for perfect results.

I think you'll be happier in the end with a replacement fuel door. It would be the best way to get the perfect results you are looking for.

Old 12-20-2011, 11:26 PM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
Pics of damage?

Old 12-20-2011, 11:49 PM
It's nearly nonexistent .. Twoalmost non-visible pin points where the c clip spring pushed up on the flap...nobody would notice it but I know it's there and I like the car being perfect...it could have easily been fixed w PDR had the flap not had a pinch welded double seam, but Rick showed me where the area made it so he couldn't put a tool back in there... The c clip spring popped out due to a plastic rivet from a filler cap tether lodged in the c clip track, later we discovered that the rivet needed to go in another place then Rick thought it should go, after inspecting several other cars we were able to locate where that tether was supposed to go... Leave it to the Germans to overengineer everything possible.... Including the dang fueling assembly!!! Lol

Old 12-21-2011, 01:00 AM
airbrush1 has a spectacular aura aboutairbrush1 has a spectacular aura about
I often find myself cussing german cars during disassembly... Until I figure out where the engineers were going as far as assembly... Then it's usually a quite elegant solution and it's loads easier each time after the initial cussing/throwing **** part

Old 11-03-2014, 02:45 PM
supra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant futuresupra.z06 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by RINGSROC
Happy to help you Sunir, But I only have 8 years experience.

Is the cover easily removable?

Send me a PM if you would like me to take a look at it.

Rick
Rick,

Do you still offer PDR work, I have a 02 Honda CRV that I plan to sell and it has a dent on the p/s front fender that i'd like looked at, can you pm me your contact info. Thx.