3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 07:28 AM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Shocking - I just registered the missus and I.
Had anyone organized a meeting spot from Ashburn?

Old 03-20-2013, 09:00 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Shocking - I just registered the missus and I.
Had anyone organized a meeting spot from Ashburn?

Haven't heard anything. Where about in Ashburn are you? I'm in the Broadlands.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
Exlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud ofExlondoner has much to be proud of
Moved over from MD last year, border of Brambleton and Broadlands. Lets plan now.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:58 PM
tuner1984 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Exlondoner
Moved over from MD last year, border of Brambleton and Broadlands. Lets plan now.
Let me see if the missus would be interested in this.

Old 04-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Bonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura aboutBonefish has a spectacular aura about
Just booked a hotel room to go up the night before...see you guys there!

Old 04-15-2013, 08:53 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
I just sent in my registration... Gina and I will be there with the 3 poochies and the TT-RS...

Old 04-15-2013, 01:33 PM
tclark is on a distinguished road
Thank you so much to all who have registered. We REALLY do appreciate your support. We are now less than 2 weeks until show time, and have~125 cars registered. But as you may suspect, we still have room. Please keep those registrations coming. 100% of the proceeds go directly to the veterinary care and feeding of the homeless and abandoned animals of "Castaway Critters". See you in Hershey!

Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
WillyWonka is on a distinguished road
Regarding Tonk and Sunir's early mention of gathering at Hunt Valley Towne Centre on the way to Hershey, as some may know, Caribou, Chick-fil-A and Panera Bread are open at 6 a.m. for snacks and drinks. You'll certainly arrive before our group assembles but regardless of time, you'll have ample room for parking. Last year, it was great to see the caravan and we'd love to see you this year.

tclark, I'll continue to list the event in the weekly Hunt Valley Horsepower newsletter and have it near or at the top of the HVHP Group Page on Facebook. Thank you for all you do and all the best to the cruise and the cause!

Old 04-15-2013, 09:50 PM
Kumaiki is on a distinguished road
According to google maps it takes about 36 minutes to reach the Rutters in York from Hunt Valley. That means we should leave Hunt Valley no later than 7am.

Folks coming from points south should use a 7am departure from Hunt Valley as their target time. This should put us at Kevin's house around 730-740

Old 04-15-2013, 09:55 PM
As mentioned earlier, is there a drive planned from NoVA, not a problem if there isn't...

Old 04-15-2013, 10:03 PM
Kumaiki is on a distinguished road
Below are the caravan plans from last year. Exlondoner I suggest you take the reigns(sp) and set the plan for the folks coming from DC and NOVA.

What to bring:
- Quick detailer, cloths, etc. if you want to clean your car before the show.
- Smart phone, navigation system, or atlas.
- Camera, walkie talkie, etc.
- Please also arrive at your first stop with a fuel tank of gas.
- A printed copy of this post and the map below.

PRINT THIS MAP:
http://g.co/maps/c66uy

A. TYSONS CORNER, VA [arrive whenever – leave by 5:10am] (gasp): The Northern VA people should meet at the Starbucks in Tysons Corner, VA. (8520 Suite D, Leesburg Pike, Vienna, VA, 22103, 703-760-7037). This should be a familiar location to many and it’s close to the beltway. We are leaving VERY early and will be on a tight timeline, but there is just no way to hit all of our check points without doing so. I HIGHLY suggest getting here early if you are coming from further South so that we don’t leave you behind. I’ll try to get there by 4:40am.

[30 min drive to College Park, MD]

B. COLLEGE PARK, MD [arrive 5:40am – leave by 6:00am]: We will be meeting a group of MD folks at the IKEA parking lot in College Park (10100 Baltimore Ave., College Park, MD 20740). Again, this should be a familiar location to people. We won’t be stopping for long, but it should give us enough of a window to connect.

[45 min drive to Baltimore, MD]

C. BALTIMORE, MD [arrive 6:45am – leave by 7:10am]: We will combine forces with the Baltimore group at the Bob Evans (400 W. Padonia Rd., Luthersville-Timonium, MD 21093). Again, short window for everyone arriving, but we should have just enough time to get a quick break. You can get fuel at the next stop should you need it.

[45 min drive to York, PA]

D. YORK, PA [arrive 7:55am – leave 8:15am]: We can make a short stop at the Rutter’s Farm Store in York, PA (160 North Hills Rd (at Industrial Hwy), York, PA 17402, (717-755-4000). We’ve met up here a few times and it’s just off the highway. Plenty of food and gas available.

[45 min drive to Hershey, PA]

E. HERSHEY, PA [arrive at 9:00am]: There will be signs for the entrance to the show. We should also have enough flexibility in the schedule to account for some unexpected delays and still get there on time to clean the cars a little (Antique Auto Club of America Museum, 161 Museum Drive, Hershey, PA 17033, 717-566-7100).

Old 04-16-2013, 08:36 AM
DoNDoN is on a distinguished road
This looks to be fun. I should be in for this.

Old 04-16-2013, 09:23 AM
I'll put something together this week for nova 6speeders, but if someone else has time before that get to it.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:09 AM
Fraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really niceFraggle is just really nice
I plan on ripping it to Kevin's in York for breakfast, then going with that group.

Old 04-16-2013, 10:42 AM
bull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nicebull30 is just really nice
Originally Posted by Fraggle
I plan on ripping it to Kevin's in York for breakfast, then going with that group.
Gina and I will see you at Kevin's with our poochies...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 3rd Annual Castaway Critters Car Show