2020 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-04-2020, 08:23 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
2020 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA

For reference purposes, here is a link to the 2019 Katie's Cars Coffee thread:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-falls-va.html

Old 01-04-2020, 08:25 AM
rcollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nicercollum is just really nice
Katie's, 01/04/20

The first Katie's C & C of the year, and it was foggy, but mild - over 50F at 5:00AM! As often happens here, the crowd was sparse, until people woke up and realized it wasn't raining, and wasn't cold. By 7:30AM, there was a decent crowd, though nothing really exotic.

The guy that owned the Challenger had a strategy to avoid door dings you hadn't thought of! Yes, they were on both sides!

--Bob Collum

Old 01-11-2020, 09:24 AM
Katie's, 01/11/20

Quite a good turnout at Katie's today. Plenty of interesting cars to see.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-12-2020, 09:04 AM
Department of Bad Ideas

I saw this Renault 4CV at Cars & Coffee yesterday. That chrome detail on the back is a fancy surround for the fuel filler. REALLY? While it certainly looks nice, and dresses up the otherwise plain-Jane rear, why would you think it's a good idea to position it above the hot engine?

It reminded me of the VW bug we saw in Cancun a couple of years ago... 5 happy guys in the car with a gravity-feed, jerry-rigged gas canister on the back engine lid. They smiled and waved as we took pictures of them driving off. I was just hoping we weren't going to hear an explosion, followed by the flaming gasoline trail coming back towards us.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-18-2020, 07:27 AM
A common question I get is, 'when does the season for Katie's Cars & Coffee begin and end?' The answer is, there is no season - people will show up driving 'something', as long as they can get there!

Today was a good example. The weather forecast has snow starting between 6AM and 7AM. I went at my normal time, and had breakfast before anyone else (besides Katie's staff) showed up. By the time I left, there were a few other cars in the lot. During the winter, Katie's becomes more of a social event than a car event.

--Bob Collum

Old 01-25-2020, 06:52 AM
Katie's, 01/25/20

It warmed up for the weekend, but we had fairly heavy rain this morning. That meant a small crowd at Katie's.
Chuck showed off the new 'bling' on his Macan - the blanking plug for his tow hitch. Of course, it has the Porsche crest.
I'm guessing the official option name is 'PTHC' - (Porsche Tow Hitch Cover)

--Bob Collum

P.S.: I had a 5+ mile detour on the way home from Katie's, because of a flood on Hunter Mill Road, near the bike trail crossing.

Last edited by rcollum; 01-25-2020 at 07:05 AM.
Old 02-01-2020, 08:53 AM
Katie's, 02/01/20

A cool, clear morning. While the parking lots were not packed, we had plenty of cars and people, as well as a good variety of both.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-08-2020, 08:22 AM
Katie's, 02/08/20

Clear skies and dry streets mean a good turnout at Katie's - even in cold weather! Here's a few examples of the variety there today.
(Note that the Charger is NOT stock. It's been completely rebodied as a wide-body, the tail is extended, and the door handles have been relocated, and made flush with the body.)

--Bob Collum

Old 02-15-2020, 07:18 AM
Katie's, 02/15/20

Because it was so cold this morning (18F), attendance at Katie's was later, and smaller. As often happens in cold weather, the cars were mostly German. (There were three Porsche 911 GT3s there today.)

--Bob Collum

Old 02-22-2020, 07:31 AM
Katie's, 02/22/20

What was new at Katie's today? There's always something... A 'perfect' VW bus, fresh from a complete restoration, a Jaguar shooting brake, and classic American muscle.

--Bob Collum

Old 02-29-2020, 08:12 AM
Katie's, 02/29/20

Cold weather does not keep the cars away. That last car is a Porsche Taycan Turbo S.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-01-2020, 04:26 PM
FormerInstants is an unknown quantity at this point
I heard-tell that there was an R34 GT-R V-Spec there this week, and I regretted sleeping in instantly. Did you happen to see that? Alas I can't be bothered to wake up at 5am "just in case" something truly interesting shows up =P

Old 03-01-2020, 04:34 PM
Originally Posted by FormerInstants
I heard-tell that there was an R34 GT-R V-Spec there this week, and I regretted sleeping in instantly. Did you happen to see that? Alas I can't be bothered to wake up at 5am "just in case" something truly interesting shows up =P
Sorry - I missed that. The wind kicked up around 7:45AM, and it was COLD, so I left just before 8AM. I also missed a friend who drove two hours to get to Katie's, with a brand-new Lotus Evora GT.

--Bob Collum

Old 03-02-2020, 07:46 AM
Tonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud ofTonk has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by FormerInstants
The R34 GTR is a Savage Garage car, he usually brings a number of other cool cars as well. He was at Hunt Valley Horsepower the previous weekend. I'm sure he'll bring it out again

Old 03-07-2020, 07:54 AM
Katie's, 03/07/20

A pretty good turnout for a cold Saturday morning. There's always a good variety of vehicles at Katie's.

--Bob Collum

P.S.: If anyone is interested, there's a charity cars & coffee at Two Silos Brewery, on Sunday, 03/08/20. There will be a $20 entry fee. Benefits St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Two Silos is at 9925 Discovery Blvd. Manassas, VA. The even runs from Noon to 3:00PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2020 Katie's Cars & Coffee Thread - Great Falls, VA