Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Advice: AM I CRAZY?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2008, 01:50 PM
gt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the roughgt2buyer is a jewel in the rough
i too sold my 05 e55 and got a 07 MCS. I still have my range rover if i need to carry people. Every time i fill up week after week , i kept think about the the money i was spending on gas it could go towards other things. Now after one year the mini has been the best car i have ever driven.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:33 AM
Frissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud ofFrissen has much to be proud of
The MINI will not only bring better mileage but some utility too... I put the seats down and it carries a bundle... I use it for all sorts of situations without worrying much...

its good all around and its a great chick magnet (if you choose the correct color)...

Mary choose it, in fact its hers and enjoys it quite a bit...

this magnet thing works both ways as many guys approach her with stupid questions and using the MINI as conversation starters... but hey who cares...

I personally chose a more manly MINI for myself...

Now if I were in your shoes I would get rid of that ugly boat the 7 is, and excuse me but the current 7 is nothing of what is used to be, now if you want to be a baller you need at least a Bentley CGT, get the MINI and perhaps a used Porsche 911 of any kind, even '07's are greatly discounted at this very moment... so there you have it...

Old 05-18-2008, 07:54 PM
iceman22 is on a distinguished road
ever think about finding a used mini that you could buy outright? Or would you rather lease?

Old 05-19-2008, 09:40 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Hansel
Thanks for the advice guys.. what can you typically lease a Mini for? I want the S version..

I thought about buying one, theyre going for about $18k w/ about 40k miles on em.
Lease rates on used models are so bad that it's not worth it. If you want use, just pay cash or get a traditional finance loan.

As far as new Mini S cars are concerned, a barebones car with no options will likely be in the $300 per month range. A modestly equipped car will be about $400 and a fully loaded monster will be $500+.

All lease prices assume A++ credit, $0 cap reduction, 12K per year, and 36 month term.

You can get $1000 off MSRP if you look real hard. If you need help negotiating that, I'll send you to my contact at South Bay BMW.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:39 AM
pbsaz is on a distinguished road
I don't think you're crazy at all since I'm in the same boat. I have an '08 750 which is nice and comfortable but is consuming gas in similar quantities. I'm buying a MINI Clubman today to use on the many days that I don't need to be driving such a big car. I say go for it and have your cake and eat it too.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:01 AM
cyntaxx is on a distinguished road
I'm almost in the same boat as you. Currently looking for a DD to replace my G500. I want something smaller to save on fuel and something that handles and is more fun to drive. My ONLY two reservations with the Mini are: FWD and price of parts (factory and aftermarket). The latter will be due to my inclination (and lack of self control) to mod it at least some (filter/pulley/tune/exhaust instantly comes to mind).

Old 05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by cyntaxx
I'm almost in the same boat as you. Currently looking for a DD to replace my G500. I want something smaller to save on fuel and something that handles and is more fun to drive. My ONLY two reservations with the Mini are: FWD and price of parts (factory and aftermarket). The latter will be due to my inclination (and lack of self control) to mod it at least some (filter/pulley/tune/exhaust instantly comes to mind).
FWD held me back for awhile too. All I can say is go drive the car. This is not your daddy's Cadillac or your high school buddy's Civic. The MCS is perhaps the most entertaining car under $50K, period!

As far as mods - while it's possible to spend $10K modding a Mini, you can easily get a huge amount of performance for about $3K-$4K.