Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

Thinking Of Trading My Porsche for a Mini

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 04:40 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Thinking Of Trading My Porsche for a Mini

I have a 2007 Cayman Modded to death but have recently pondered trading for a MiniS with the Cooper works .Went and Drove one yesterday and It was a Blast .Only problem is there is only 1 dealer here in the Northwest and they sell minis for $595 over sticker FIXED PRICING .They had an 05 -6 speed with 38K on it Just as I described above with the works and everything and BLACK .. Perfect .. but want $30,495 and wont budge .. Northwest Mini sucks in my opinion .any Sugestions ?

Old 09-09-2008, 06:47 PM
SeattleDL is on a distinguished road
They budged some (not a lot) when we ordered our car late last year, but I suspect that the cars are more in demand now.

It's a Cooper S and it's a blast.

Overall though we had a very good purchase experience.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:43 PM
luckyman#9 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Porschepet
IThey had an 05 -6 speed with 38K on it Just as I described above with the works and everything and BLACK .. Perfect .. but want $30,495 and wont budge .. Northwest Mini sucks in my opinion .any Sugestions ?
That price seems high to me for an 05 w/ JCW and those miles. I see 05 MCS (non-JCW) with those miles go for 20k often. Add maybe 5-6k for the JCW and they are about 4k high.

You can get a 2006 JCW GP for that price and if you don't know about the GP you owe it to yourself coming from a porsche to check it out first. Look at northamericanmotoring, eba, autotrader, etc. for better prices.

The Mini is a blast and you are smart to look for a JCW.

Good luck.

Old 09-09-2008, 08:48 PM
DDMotorsports is on a distinguished road
My uncle has a Cooper S with some minor mods and it is one of the most fun cars I have ever driven around a race track, and I have driven a lot of cars around a race track! I haven't gotten a chance to pilot a Cayman around a track though so take my comment for what its worth .

Old 09-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Fluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond reputeFluid987 has a reputation beyond repute
Luckyman#9

Thanks for the response Guys . Thats what I was feeling Exactly that the car is about 4K too much .There is a 05 silver and Black s model (No Works though)convertable with Navigation and optioned out to death listed for $28,900 at a jag /Rover Dealer In Bellevue .Goin to make my way there friday.. Thanks for all the help .. Looking forward to having fun and Modding this puppy out!!

Old 09-10-2008, 12:28 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
good luck on your purchase, although i'm sad to see any porsche go. =*(

Old 09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
Lsd

If you can, try to get one with an LSD especially if you are going to add power mods. It was (I believe) a $500 option on 05/06 models and as for years, you may know, but the 05+ models have different gearing that make them better off the line than 02-04s and IMO more desireable.

I don't have the factory LSD and am considering purchasing a $1200 Quaiff LSD plus $$$ install because the car is that much better with it for spirited driving and increased power.

Have fun on Friday.

Old 09-10-2008, 01:43 PM
Streamlined is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by luckyman#9
If you can, try to get one with an LSD especially if you are going to add power mods. It was (I believe) a $500 option on 05/06 models and as for years, you may know, but the 05+ models have different gearing that make them better off the line than 02-04s and IMO more desireable.

I don't have the factory LSD and am considering purchasing a $1200 Quaiff LSD plus $$$ install because the car is that much better with it for spirited driving and increased power.

Have fun on Friday.
Wise words, you should look for one with the factory LSD considering what you probably want out of the car. And the prices are high, IMHO - something to know about the Mini is that there were many options available that may or may not be accounted for, so one car may look similar on the face of it but actually have more things like a black headliner, park distance control, chromeline interior or exterior, fogs, etc etc.

Good luck with it, have had Minis and they are fun little things. Cheers

Old 09-10-2008, 08:27 PM
Mini Purchase

Wow .. There is a lot to know about these little cars !! LSD is probally a must and a 2005 as well , Have Decided to Keep the Porsche after seeing what a trade in value would be ..LOW!!! I am in my Cayman about $72,000 Black on Black 20 K miles and its an 07 and Real Fast with all the mods.Barrier is offering me $36,000!!! What a JOKE and I bought it there!! I will keep my Porsche and Just Buy A mini ..will be a nice combo to have I was offered 48K Cash 3 months ago for my cayman turned it down.Tides Change though !! I JUST got a great Job Offer after 8 months out of work!! Now I can have both cars!!! It appears that dealers always ask what you owe first .If you tell them you owe Nothing its paid off they try and Steal your trade ? Is that correct or just because I am upset at the value? seems really low to me . Thanks

Old 09-10-2008, 09:50 PM
Congrats on the great job offer! I'm glad you can have both cars and my experience with dealer trades is they always offer you less than its worth.

Old 09-10-2008, 10:28 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
4 yr old Mini sells for $30k? Did I read this right? I've driven highly modified MCS and although it is fun, it's certain got nothing on any Porsche. Maybe except Cayenne V6 :P

Old 09-11-2008, 10:06 AM
SGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the roughSGNTR35 is a jewel in the rough
mini demand and resale value is insane. I thought getting one at sticker price was a good deal around here

Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 AM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Supply & demand! Order it, & get what you want, for the price you want. The $595 is dealer destination & prep charge. All car dealers have this. We didn't pay it on our Mini that we ordered. It only took 6 weeks.

Used cars they can tack on what ever they want, some one will pay it. If you don't want to play & pay. Then just order it & be done.

There is going to be a new dealership going in Bellevue in a couple of years.

NW Mini also low balled us on the trade in, it was about $6k under KBB, & we fought over that for a while. Then they just wholesaled the car, & it sold for $5k more then what they gave us for it. It's just the way the car sales works. They need to make money. Keep the Cayman, or sell it privately. Keep in mind, Porsche is having a hard time selling them, & the price will not be what you want, there is HIGH demand for the Mini, so it will sell high.

Old 09-11-2008, 12:37 PM
Trace can only hope to improve
Originally Posted by djantlive
4 yr old Mini sells for $30k? Did I read this right? I've driven highly modified MCS and although it is fun, it's certain got nothing on any Porsche. Maybe except Cayenne V6 :P
Not sure about 4 yrs. old MINIs, but I know the '06 JCWs (the last and the best breed of the R53 models) are selling above $30k, but again, the MSRPs on JCWs are well over $40k.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:11 AM
spyderman33 is on a distinguished road
Check out North American Motoring http://www.northamericanmotoring.com...cat.php/cat/12

plenty of great cars reasonably priced...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Thinking Of Trading My Porsche for a Mini