Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

19% pulley

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 11:12 PM
dynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these parts
19% pulley

Hey there people. I have an 03 Mini Cooper S. I have bought rmw cams, jcw 380cc injectors, 19% pulley, 8mm plug wires, Denso Iridium spark plugs, Alta 2.0 CAI, and Alta air diverter with sprayer. I plan on driving the car everyday. I will also get the ECU fine tuned. I was wondering if this will also keep up with some fine driving?
I also have 27mm front sway, 25mm rear sway, carbon fiber front and rear stress bars, and tein springs (I drive the car everyday, coilovers are too expensive and way to un-comfortable).
Any Ideas? Any suggestion?
I'm expecting 230-240 whp
Thanks

Old 04-02-2009, 07:21 PM
beaner is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dynamicss
Hey there people. I have an 03 Mini Cooper S. I have bought rmw cams, jcw 380cc injectors, 19% pulley, 8mm plug wires, Denso Iridium spark plugs, Alta 2.0 CAI, and Alta air diverter with sprayer. I plan on driving the car everyday. I will also get the ECU fine tuned. I was wondering if this will also keep up with some fine driving?
I also have 27mm front sway, 25mm rear sway, carbon fiber front and rear stress bars, and tein springs (I drive the car everyday, coilovers are too expensive and way to un-comfortable).
Any Ideas? Any suggestion?
I'm expecting 230-240 whp
Thanks
have you talked w/ jan at RMW on the phone? he typically uses larger injectors in cars making power in your target range. plug wires won't gain anything. check the torque on the Densos on a regular basis as a few MINI owners that i know have had them back out with bad consequences. i don't think you can make that kind of power on a stock head. good luck, though. i will gladly congratulate you if i am wrong.

Old 04-03-2009, 03:42 AM
dynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these partsdynamicss is infamous around these parts
No I haven't spoken with anyone at RMW. I seem to have a hard time finding their website. I don't care much for the plugs and wires because I kept the original ones. I have a guy who is supposably "Mini" speciallist to tune and check my car. I'll see what he says and I'll get back to all you Mini drivers. Thanks for any feedback.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:41 AM
here is a link to RMW's website. http://www.revolutionmini.com/ the site is horrible. the only thing you need is jan's phone number. he is very generous w/ his time and knowledge. he is developing many products not shown on the site, including new cam profiles for specific applications. he can help you come up w/ a systematic approach to making good power and eliminate some of the expensive trial and error. i am not associated w/ RMW in any way, but i believe in the products and will be adding some goodies to my race car.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:51 PM
Thanks beaner for all your help. I will call Jan first thing monday morning. But if there is anybody out there that can give me some real live experience about the 19% pulley please let me know.

Old 04-04-2009, 10:33 AM
Danamax is on a distinguished road
I too am a believer in Jan's experience and opinions. He routinely tests other company's products as well so he should have some good advice. I've seen and competed [time trials] against a couple of RMW massaged MINI GP's at Willow Springs. Fast and reliable.
You may want to source M7tuning.com as well.

Old 04-04-2009, 09:28 PM
I have spoken with Jan. Him and this guy Danny at MiniCorsa are gods in the Mini World.
So I found out that the 19% doesn't hurt the engine at all unless you are running above 6k for like a minute and more... then you get overheating and water pump cavitation. All this can be done with the stock intercooler.
I just got the Alta CAI, 380 injectors, and RMW cam installed with the 19% pulley... people get ready for a monster after 4k... and you will NEED tuning.

Old 04-05-2009, 06:51 AM
you are in very capable hands. i'm sure that you won't be disappointed. a 19% pulley wasn't an option for me, as i spin my engine to 8k rpm and rarely get below 5k rpm on the track. engine overheating isn't a problem w/ a 19% pulley as much as an intake charge that is too hot. the 19% pulley spins the M45 Eaton supercharger beyond its efficient range at high rpms. water pump cavitation, as you mentioned, is also a problem at high rpm, but that can be solved w/ an electric water pump if you so desire. the 19% pulley will probably show the most improvement in the mid-range vs top end as it gets the engine to full boost at a lower rpm. at the top, it may fall off slightly as the M45 exceeds its design limits. please post after you get tuned (if you can type w/ a big grin on your face).

Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Well ... no grin on my face.... turns out I have F***ed up by pass valve it's been welded pretty much, from all the temperature change through out the miles. I put 182hp and 183tq to the wheels... I'm suppose to see at least 200 by tomorrow when I get it fixed and retuned. I'm collecting come money to put in Jan's Header and i will see 10 hp and tq increase. Jan told me because I am running the 19% pulley I will cause overheating of the supercharger and engine. So it is best to use the header, his built head, and methanol or ethanol injection... I'll keep you guys posted for tomorrow.

Old 04-08-2009, 06:20 AM
your current dispair will be worth the wait. i'm sure that jan has recommended a stock BPV. the aftermarket ones are too much of an on/off switch for the power levels that you will be making. good luck and keep us posted.
greg

Old 04-09-2009, 02:12 AM
Yes you are right. and the verdict is..... 214.6 whp and 188.3 wtq. The car is a monster.... I'm putting in the Alsta V2 intercooler diverter with the sprayer and hopefully on track days I will fill it with 50/50 water and methanol. My next step is saving up for Jan's header... expect power gains are over 10whp and it will run the engine much cooler and efficiently. Thanks for all your help.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:40 AM
WJHMH is just really niceWJHMH is just really niceWJHMH is just really niceWJHMH is just really nice
Impressive, I'll keep this in mind.