Mini Cooper Austin and Morris Mini talk, and the 2001-2006 Mini and Mini S, 2007 to present Mini and Mini S

07 mini cooper S

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 08:51 PM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
07 mini cooper S

test drove the new mini cooper S. it is bigger inside and overall it has grown and has a sports button. My nephew says he like the front of the mini better than the cayenne S. :-0
kids these days, i tell u.

raja

Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
I love the new Mini Cooper S! I gotta go test drive one soon.

Old 02-27-2007, 11:28 PM
NAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to beholdNAPO is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by LIL RAJA
My nephew says he like the front of the mini better than the cayenne S. :-0
kids these days, i tell u.

raja
That's priceless... I love how kids think! haha

Old 02-28-2007, 09:04 AM
LIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant futureLIL RAJA has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by NAPO
That's priceless... I love how kids think! haha
hahah.yeah and he's only 7 and so full of questions about the features etc.
i guess they are learning early now.

Old 03-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Mike S will become famous soon enoughMike S will become famous soon enough
The new Cooper looks too "egg-ish" and more femine IMO. Must drive great though.

Old 03-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by Mike S
The new Cooper looks too "egg-ish" and more femine IMO. Must drive great though.
i am with you, i think the older one is better too.
i think it's now too expensive to get a mini. almost close to 30k with decent options.

if it was my only car and primary car then i guess it makes sense. but to have it as an occasional car, i don't know if the price justifies to me at least.

Last edited by LIL RAJA; 03-02-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:18 PM
BrakeL8 will become famous soon enoughBrakeL8 will become famous soon enough
went the way of the E46 M3.... faster, more dampened, 'fatter' etc.

I'm still really looking forward to driving one, especially when they release the JCW version.

Old 03-04-2007, 04:21 AM
MeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of lightMeanMachine is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by BrakeL8
went the way of the E46 M3.... faster, more dampened, 'fatter' etc.

I'm still really looking forward to driving one, especially when they release the JCW version.
It came out!

BMW has announced a new Cooper Works Tuning kit for the 2007 R56 MINI Cooper S. The package bumps output of the 1.6 litre turbo engine to 192 horsepower, with maximum torque up to 250 Newton metres in the engine speed range between 1,750 and 5,000 rpm.

With the overboost function, the torque level can even be increased temporarily to 270 Nm for powerful acceleration in the engine speed range from 1,750 to 4,500 rpm.

The kit also consists of a sports exhaust system, a sports air filter and an electronic engine management system optimized for greater power efficiency.

The sports suspension not only ensures even more agile handling but also lowers the suspension by 10 millimetres. In keeping with this, John Cooper Works provides an aerodynamic body kit in body color - consisting of a front and rear apron and side sills - as well as several versions of 18-inch light allow wheels. The "Double Spoke" design is new for 2007.

It also features perforated brake discs, numerous equipment components in carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic, and high-tech Formula 1 trim panels for the front air inlet, exterior mirrors and tailgate handle.

|

Old 03-06-2007, 07:00 AM
dzy
dzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond reputedzy has a reputation beyond repute
I test drove the new Cooper S when it first came out, search for the write-up and you'll see. Overall, it's a better car than the old one, but not nearly as fun. It's more like a Golf than a Mini, atleast it feels that way.

Old 03-06-2007, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by dzy
I test drove the new Cooper S when it first came out, search for the write-up and you'll see. Overall, it's a better car than the old one, but not nearly as fun. It's more like a Golf than a Mini, atleast it feels that way.
you know i was thinking that it lost some of it's mininess.
it is bigger and better but more blended in and feels like a lot of other car.
i even drove one iwth sports suspension in conjunction iwth sport pkg.

Old 03-06-2007, 01:07 PM
BrakeL8 will become famous soon enoughBrakeL8 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by MeanMachine
It came out!

BMW has announced a new Cooper Works Tuning kit for the 2007 R56 MINI Cooper S. The package bumps output of the 1.6 litre turbo engine to 192 horsepower, with maximum torque up to 250 Newton metres in the engine speed range between 1,750 and 5,000 rpm.

With the overboost function, the torque level can even be increased temporarily to 270 Nm for powerful acceleration in the engine speed range from 1,750 to 4,500 rpm.

The kit also consists of a sports exhaust system, a sports air filter and an electronic engine management system optimized for greater power efficiency.

The sports suspension not only ensures even more agile handling but also lowers the suspension by 10 millimetres. In keeping with this, John Cooper Works provides an aerodynamic body kit in body color - consisting of a front and rear apron and side sills - as well as several versions of 18-inch light allow wheels. The "Double Spoke" design is new for 2007.

It also features perforated brake discs, numerous equipment components in carbon-fibre-reinforced plastic, and high-tech Formula 1 trim panels for the front air inlet, exterior mirrors and tailgate handle.

|
that's supposedly the 'stage 1' kit which will be a dealer retrofit- I believe there are still rumors of a much higher output version due late 2007 or more like early 2008.

will be interesting to see how both perform once someone's driven them!