New Member Introductions New here? Introduce yourself to the 6SpeedOnline Community and show us your ride!

Greetings from San Francisco!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 03:14 AM
Former Vendor
SHIFT is on a distinguished road
Greetings from San Francisco!

Hi, guys. Pleasure to be apart of the forum community!

My name is Kyle Morioka, and I currently drive a twin-screw supercharged 2013 Scion FR-S. I have been in the car scene ever since I could drive, and I have attended local car meets in the East Bay Area. Even though I respect tastefully modified tuner cars, I am starting to enjoy much more refined cars from the factory and push away from modifying my own cars (reliability issues). My own personal goal I have set for myself is to own a 2011-13 Nissan GTR a year down the road.

As you can see from my username, I work for a start-up based out of San Francisco called Shift. We help connect private sellers and buyers of used cars, whether they are Honda Civic's or 991 Carrera S'. We are NOT a dealership, and we use a pricing algorithm in order to calculate aggressive private-party prices. Essentially, we sell cars on behalf of the seller.
We will be posting some of our inventory on the Cars for Sale subforum, since we get a good amount of luxury to entry-level exotic cars. We are also very hot with Tesla Roadster's, so reach out if you ever need one!
Check us out here!

Would love to chat about anything car-related!

Old 05-31-2015, 09:47 AM
Banned
CALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond reputeCALGUY has a reputation beyond repute
Is this appropriate to use the Forum to Advertise if not approved. Just curious. Chuck?

Old 06-01-2015, 04:52 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to 6Speed, Kyle! Please post pictures of your supercharged FR-S. Would love to see it.

-Luccia

888.280.7799 | 6am - 5pm PST
Old 06-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
Welcome to 6Speed, Kyle! Please post pictures of your supercharged FR-S. Would love to see it.

-Luccia
Thank you, Luccia! I have ordered from Pelican before for my E36.

You can see the stealth black intercooler posted in the front:

And in its current state... (taken 5 seconds ago)

I've ran through too many wheels, including Work Emotion CR Ultimate's, Advan RSII's, Work Meister S1R's, and currently SSR SP1's.

Last edited by SHIFT; 06-01-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 05:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
PelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond reputePelicanParts.com has a reputation beyond repute
That's awesome to hear!

And what a beaut! I do like the older silver wheels you had on it more though. I currently drive a track prepped STi. Wanting a BRZ or an FRS as a daily. Yours looks great! Loving the trunk lid you have.

-Luccia

Old 06-01-2015, 05:32 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by PelicanParts.com
That's awesome to hear!

And what a beaut! I do like the older silver wheels you had on it more though. I currently drive a track prepped STi. Wanting a BRZ or an FRS as a daily. Yours looks great! Loving the trunk lid you have.

-Luccia
I liked those wheels too, since they flowed with the car and looked almost OEM... I just wanted to be different, since a lot of people in my area have Rota Torque's, which are the replica version.

That's awesome! What year? STi's are very fun. I am especially fond of the 5-door hatches. The Innovate Stage 2 kit is definitely a blast, but not as linear as I expected it to be. Definitely could get into trouble with the extra torque... Thank you very much.

Old 06-02-2015, 09:14 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Kyle@Shift
I liked those wheels too, since they flowed with the car and looked almost OEM... I just wanted to be different, since a lot of people in my area have Rota Torque's, which are the replica version.

That's awesome! What year? STi's are very fun. I am especially fond of the 5-door hatches. The Innovate Stage 2 kit is definitely a blast, but not as linear as I expected it to be. Definitely could get into trouble with the extra torque... Thank you very much.
Ya, Rota's are popular by demand thanks to their pricing. I have a 2004, so the first gen to hit the states. I've seen my share of turbo charged BRZ's, but not many Supercharged one's. Got any under the hood shots?

Here is my car btw: