Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R drivetrain warranty claim denied because owner turned traction control off!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by JeffAhn
yup took me this long to read it - i R retarded </informative post>

Old 10-09-2008, 08:01 PM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
Old 10-09-2008, 09:33 PM
Onetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant futureOnetime has a brilliant future
Oh it's on now!

Old 10-09-2008, 09:35 PM
JackGt3 has a spectacular aura aboutJackGt3 has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Onetime
Oh it's on now!
BIG TIME

Old 10-10-2008, 05:22 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
wow, that is so old news.

i thought you were responding to nissan's answer about the vdc function being disabled doesn't actually void your warranty...

(which is what i've been saying)

Old 10-13-2008, 01:34 PM
CaRJoE0220 will become famous soon enoughCaRJoE0220 will become famous soon enough

Old 10-14-2008, 05:31 AM
lol! ok, that's funny...

(but it was also funny two weeks ago the first time it was posted)

Old 11-01-2008, 11:37 PM
supratt225 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Not for nothing, people are going out and spending over 70k on a nissan that does 0-60 in 3.5 seconds. But if you want to do it that fast, your taking the risk of breaking something and not having a warranty. Cmon this is nuts. I understand mods voiding it, but just taking vdc off and having fun? Why even make a launch mode. Theres no point. If i buy a new expensive performance car, i want to be able to take it out and beat the crap out of it and not worry. Isnt that the point of buying a new performance car? Im really pissed nissan is pulling this crap. 3 black boxes? Its true if you go over a certian speed you void your warranty also right? My advice, if you own or plan on owning a gtr, go and get a aftermarket warranty, they seem to stand by them. And to the fellows over at nissan, U SUCK

Old 11-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Originally Posted by supratt225
3 black boxes? Its true if you go over a certian speed you void your warranty also right?
lol! how many cars do you think have black boxes? and they have three because of the three functions... they are actually combined into one larger function. i'd love to see where this discussion is going in 20 years. i don't think cars will exist without them... as it is, by 2012, every car will have some version of a black box. most german/japanese/british cars already have them.

why is that a bad thing?

and to answer your question - no. there is no warranty voiding speed, nor is there is a warranty voiding condition on the car.

the only issues you would run into is when you disengage the vdc, while not stuck in an emergency situation where you are attempting to 'rock' the vehicle, and something breaks as a direct result of that specific action.

if you do it, and it doesn't look like you will, so i'm not sure why you even care, but launch it all day. hell, dump your clutch at 5k rpms all day, and go to the dealer and see what they say.... if you go to the dealer, and they say it's ok - then nothing broke as a direct result, and there is no voiding of a warranty.

not sure where you get your info, so i thought i could help clarify.

Old 11-02-2008, 01:26 PM
supratt225 is on a distinguished road
its an automatic, made to be launched. Are u forgetting that? ive never heard of another car company telling you that turning vdc off voids warrantys. Another think you need to understand, I love this car. I just hate this crap nissans pulling.

Old 11-02-2008, 03:44 PM
if you're going from what the company is telling us...

they've never said it was an automatic.

and they've never said that vdc 'off' voids warranties.

what they said was, if anything is broken as a result of driving while vdc is 'off', is not covered under warranty.

this is a far cry from car manufacturers saying that if you take your car to race track, that your warranty is voided immediately.

there are plenty of owners who run high speeds, launched, and ran laps with vdc 'off' that all still have warranties.

if you're raising the issue about the transmission type, it has two clutches, call it what you will - it has clutches. if your manual transmission has a clutch, dump your clutch at 5k rpms 20 times, and if it holds up, you still have a warranty, right? if you dump your clutch 20 times, and something breaks as a direct result of that, warranty voided. please explain the difference...

Old 11-09-2008, 01:09 PM
Mighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these partsMighty M is infamous around these parts
"there are plenty of owners who run high speeds, launched, and ran laps with vdc 'off' that all still have warranties."

They still have their warranties because nothing broke while VDC was off. The point being is that if VDC is off, and something breaks, you have no warranty.

My guess is that the car would be better suited with a more durable, traditional 3 pedal manual transmission. Nissan would do itself and its customers a great favor by offering future models with that option. Then they have a real winner, at a lower cost.

To me, this is just another example of these garbage chicktronic transmissions, SMG, DCT, DSG, etc., etc. If BMW M had introduced the new m3 with only chicktronic I wouldnt have bought it. And they've certainly had their own problems with it.

Old 11-09-2008, 04:50 PM
Me_qwkr will become famous soon enough
VDC OFF WILL VOID WARRANTY.. it did to me.. not LC.. i never used the dam LC thing.. But i totally turned the VDC off while at a track and blew the tranny.. Nissan and i are in a fight now

Old 11-28-2008, 10:16 AM
RT8_M3 will become famous soon enoughRT8_M3 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by prpsebuilt
Perhaps what you say is true. Nissan still should have taken this into consideration and installed a chip that will prevent idiots from launching the car, something that it is meant to do, until the car is at operating temp. That little bit of tech would have saved alot of heartache. I mean this America, people love to mod, race, rag, etc .. If Nissan cannot fit the bill they should stick to Maximas, Sentras etc .. I ran the everliving crap outta my Z when new and not a single issue. Technology in the wrong hands can lead to disaster. Case in point; the GTR. Great car if you treat it like a *****y woman.
Right on!!!

Old 11-30-2008, 03:21 AM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
IMO this trans issue should be under one time good will warranty and have VDC button removed. The rest should be recalled for removal of VDC button! Then again that will admit fault. Just can't win. IMO that is just a weak trans for 480hp. More trans issue will show up once those GTRs put on more miles. Just like the 00-02 5 speed auto trans in Honda and Acura. Every car with that 5 speed auto trans need at least 2 to get to 100K miles. Luckily Honda picked up all claims and extended the warranty.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT-R drivetrain warranty claim denied because owner turned traction control off!!