Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

GT-R drivetrain warranty claim denied because owner turned traction control off!!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-30-2008, 05:55 AM
brnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant futurebrnsrgn has a brilliant future
I always wondered why it has taken so long for Porsche, who was one of the first to implement PDK was one of the last to sell it to the public (still not available for TT). The GTR answers that question.

Old 11-30-2008, 08:22 AM
CayenneS is on a distinguished road
Oh, that is frustrating for future owners to know.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:15 PM
felvizz is on a distinguished road
stay tuned as we are only in the third inning

Old 12-12-2008, 09:31 AM
haveboost is on a distinguished road
The funny thing is there's a guy on the NAGTROC site who's running 10.80's with over 100 lc's and no problems. A bunch of mods on it and kicking ***.

Maybe it's the owners?

3K on the clock on mine and no issues. I love everything about it. True that I don't Launch, but why? It's fast of the hole without launching.

Old 12-12-2008, 11:33 AM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
There are also a whole bunch of reported cases and im assuming that there are many more unreported. Without these problems Nissan would not have deleted the Launh Control.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:04 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
no doubt nissan is responding because of issues that have developed. but i'm also one of those guys who's modded the gt-r, and have not seen any issues.

it's just that i'm curious as to what is causing these issues... i see where haveboost is coming from. i mean, you give an amateur a standard clutch setup and they drop it at 5k rpms everytime they start their car, and at every light, even before it warms up. i could definitely see some issues for that transmission...

Old 12-13-2008, 11:18 AM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
The American version was built to European spec. We cannot and will not avoid using something that gives us more power, we love it we need it. Japan needs to understand this -- PERIOD.

Old 12-13-2008, 01:09 PM
monaroCountry will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by jasperg35
no doubt nissan is responding because of issues that have developed. but i'm also one of those guys who's modded the gt-r, and have not seen any issues.

it's just that i'm curious as to what is causing these issues... i see where haveboost is coming from. i mean, you give an amateur a standard clutch setup and they drop it at 5k rpms everytime they start their car, and at every light, even before it warms up. i could definitely see some issues for that transmission...

Anytime anywhere!!!!!

Obviously the margin or error isnt such a margin.

Old 12-22-2008, 08:51 AM
sc_trojan has a spectacular aura aboutsc_trojan has a spectacular aura about
i wonder what happens if you just give the service writer a nice bottle of wine.... I have done that in the past with good results...

Old 12-22-2008, 09:11 AM
USCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to beholdUSCCayman is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by sc_trojan
i wonder what happens if you just give the service writer a nice bottle of wine.... I have done that in the past with good results...
sc, you a Trojan fan?

Old 01-27-2009, 08:31 PM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Anytime anywhere!!!!!

Obviously the margin or error isnt such a margin.
0.3% to be exact.

that is the documented percentage of failures in all of nna - covered or not.

that is pretty damn good if you ask me. but you didn't, because you'd rather stand outside of your glass house and throw rocks at your neighbor.

Old 01-28-2009, 10:49 AM
haveboost is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jasperg35
0.3% to be exact.

that is the documented percentage of failures in all of nna - covered or not.

that is pretty damn good if you ask me. but you didn't, because you'd rather stand outside of your glass house and throw rocks at your neighbor.

+1.

I went to the track the other day and ran 11's without lc on every pass. 11.76 @ 122.7. There were 3 other gtrs doing the same. All 11.40-to 11.80's. And we're by no means pro drag racers. I screwed up on each run (hit the rev limiter)and still my worst pass was 11.84.

We just stepped on the gas and hit the paddle shifter. That's it!

Nobody broke anything. One car had 9k the rest 4k miles.