Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

MY2010 GTR's will no longer have launch control

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Mpowered is on a distinguished road
MY2010 GTR's will no longer have launch control

Is this Nissan's idea of a transmission fix?

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...h-control.html

With the Internet bursting with ugly tales of GT-R launch control abuse, broken transaxles and void warranties, a nasty rumor began; that the 2010 Nissan GT-R won't have launch control. Could it be? Really?
So we asked and asked and asked. We asked three Nissan employees: one from the public relations department, one from engineering and one high-ranking executive. The first two confirmed its removal was being considered seriously, but the decision had not yet been made. Then the high-ranking executive confirmed the bad news.
"It's gone," he said when asked if launch control would return in 2010. "We just don't want to deal with the warranty nightmare anymore. It'll make the 2009 GT-R really special. It'll be the only R35 with launch control." -- Kelly Toepke, News Editor

Old 11-20-2008, 10:13 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
oh well...

they need to make a 6sp manual...

Old 11-20-2008, 10:15 AM
.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about.bg. has a spectacular aura about
From what I was hearing, LC isn't always the cause for failure. By removing it, they aren't getting rid of the tranny/warranty headache completely.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:37 AM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by RFFG
oh well...

they need to make a 6sp manual...
I agree. get rid of all of this launch control paddle shifter nonsense.

Old 11-20-2008, 10:41 AM
BriK is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a band-aid fix. The tranny problems make me question the integrity of the transmission as a whole, not just Launch Control.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:46 AM
SpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedLimit? has a spectacular aura about
Nissan just learned the hard way why manufacturers like Ferrari in BMW only have LC on euro spec models.

Old 11-20-2008, 11:52 AM
prpsebuilt is an unknown quantity at this point
They should replace it with the 370 z . On the bright side however some 'responsible' owner s will continue to buy the GTR and never launch it ... I mean ever.

Last edited by prpsebuilt; 11-20-2008 at 12:05 PM.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:29 PM
Drive2Live is on a distinguished road
The ferrari 360 stardale has LC,and so does F430 Scud and thery are both us models. Also Bmw has LC, the M models atleast but it is toned down from the euro spec models. All those LC work fine and I have no problems after repeated lanuches atleast from my experience. No problems what so ever, but you are comparing apple to oranges because even though the GT-R is an amazing machine at the end of the day it is a nissan and that is what happens when you put that much technology into a car like that without having the proper materials to do so.

Old 11-20-2008, 12:39 PM
.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold.:Raul is a splendid one to behold
VW R32s and GTIs equipped with DSG transmission form MY 07 on have LC. why can't this car have it without the tranny falling off?

Old 11-20-2008, 01:00 PM
ekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to beholdekam is a splendid one to behold
^Because it costs half price compare to a 911 and it's faster on the ring!!!

Buy cheap buy twice LOL.

Old 11-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Banned
Trommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Drive2Live
The ferrari 360 stardale has LC,and so does F430 Scud and thery are both us models. Also Bmw has LC, the M models atleast but it is toned down from the euro spec models. All those LC work fine and I have no problems after repeated lanuches atleast from my experience.
Use Ferrari's launch control, void your warranty. End of story, full stop.

I've heard of cases of 430s dropping their transmissions after using it and the owner being presented with a very large bill.

Launch any 4WD car hard, repeatedly, and it will break. Your warranty won't cover what you break. Evo, TT, Veyron, STi, GT-R, whatever.

Is that really such a surprise?

Old 11-20-2008, 03:55 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
"Launch any 4WD car hard, repeatedly, and it will break. Your warranty won't cover what you break. Evo, TT, Veyron, STi, GT-R, whatever"
Not true...
LP 560-4 have launch control, AWD, no problems, so it can be done, there was a good article on it in Motortrend about it...please show me where Lamborghini has had problems with its launch control in its new cars under warranty..

Old 11-20-2008, 04:04 PM
Banned
Trommel is an unknown quantity at this point
Wait until it breaks, then see what Lamborghini say ...

Old 11-20-2008, 04:11 PM
norcal2 is on a distinguished road
Again show me where they are broke, there are TT Gallardo's out there with 1000hp that have had no transmission problems...I have had none with mine..

Old 11-20-2008, 04:14 PM
empunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of lightempunker is a glorious beacon of light
if you repeatedly use the launch control feature on the Lamborghini you will eat up the E-Gear clutch, and it will not be covered under warranty. how to use this feature isn't even listed in the owner's manual.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: MY2010 GTR's will no longer have launch control