Can you drive GTR in winter/snow?

Can you drive a GTR in winter/snow?
Is there a "snow mode" for diffs/TC?
Thanks

Old 10-24-2009, 09:09 AM
jjyellow is on a distinguished road
yea it has a snow mode

Old 10-28-2009, 06:29 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
It's quite uneventful in the snow (unless you floor it or something).

Old 10-28-2009, 12:48 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Sure, AWD mated with good snow tires from me = good, sure-footed traction. I have 255/40 285 35 20 snows in stock and wheels to put them on me.

Call me if I can help.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-28-2009, 11:56 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jaspergtr
It's quite uneventful in the snow (unless you floor it or something).
There is snow...and then there is SNOW. I spent this winter with my neighbors GT-R and found that both my 911 and his GT-R were very good winter cars with appropriate tires. However, AWD can't defeat physics, and if the snow is beyond a few inches or unplowed, your ground clearance will limit to how much your GT-R will be able to "plow" before you get into trouble.

Old 10-29-2009, 06:07 AM
jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !jaspergtr Is a GOD !
^ Agreed. I guess I was referring to snow... And not SNOW. lol!

I don't know what SNOW is like anymore.

(I liked your emphasis to differentiate the two)

Old 10-29-2009, 07:19 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
Here in Ohio, we get snow, SNOW, ice, and ICE! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about bbywu...

Old 11-06-2009, 10:11 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Neil Switzer
Here in Ohio, we get snow, SNOW, ice, and ICE! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about bbywu...
LOL...absolutely!

Not to mention winter potholes...

Attached Images  
Old 11-06-2009, 10:46 PM
Former Vendor
Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !Neil Switzer Is a GOD !
LOL!

You never know what lurks under the snow around here.. Sometimes I think the plow truck drivers here are just as bad as the weather!

Old 11-10-2009, 10:11 PM
igrip is on a distinguished road
But, IMO, for the price of the GTR, one should be able to buy a "beater" truck with some real ground clearance to forge through the winter months.

But, I still think it would be fun to cruise around in the GTR all 12 months of the year

Old 11-11-2009, 01:47 AM
MotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to beholdMotorsportsR is a splendid one to behold
Hell Yeah! They even made a button for it! It is call the "VDC" Button. Owners can finally turn off their VDC to get them out of snow!

Last edited by MotorsportsR; 11-11-2009 at 01:53 AM.
Old 11-16-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally Posted by igrip
But, IMO, for the price of the GTR, one should be able to buy a "beater" truck with some real ground clearance to forge through the winter months.

But, I still think it would be fun to cruise around in the GTR all 12 months of the year
Why? The car is designed to be all weather all season...I drive 997TT with a much lower ground clearance in winter just fine...just use common sense...and wait for the plow when it SNOWs.

Old 11-19-2009, 08:55 PM
andy6789 is on a distinguished road
Ya sure can, here is a local car.

Attached Images   
Old 11-20-2009, 03:14 PM
BD-
Banned
BD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to beholdBD- is a splendid one to behold
Someone drove one round the 'ring in the snow in a mag. Sport Auto maybe???

Old 11-20-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by BD-
Someone drove one round the 'ring in the snow in a mag. Sport Auto maybe???
German auto mag...test car was not stock, KW coilovers if I remember correctly, and Blizzaks. Note - closed track -...

Real fun happens in traffic and when the snow plows give you 3-4 foot snow banks...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Can you drive GTR in winter/snow?