Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

NY Giants Brandon Jacobs "fast ass" ALPHA 9+ GT-R

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-08-2011, 11:21 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
NY Giants Brandon Jacobs "fast ***" ALPHA 9+ GT-R

A little while ago we were contacted by NY Giants running back Brandon Jacobs. Aside from being a standout running back in the NFL he is also one of the biggest car nuts you will ever talk to. Brandon can talk for hours about all things auto and has a true passion for our shared hobby.

Over the past few weeks we have been building a new version of our ALPHA 9 package for Brandon. Aptly named the ALPHA 9+ we selected some slightly larger turbo chargers that we felt would not only maintain perfect spool time but allow for a nice bump in power. With standard ALPHA 9 packages doing about 680-700whp on pump gas and 780-800 on race gas we were hoping for a nice 50whp bump

Brandon came to us with a very specific goal. He wanted an even faster GT-R than he already had (700whp on 100octane as it was brought to us), one that his inner circle of colleagues couldn't touch. You see even top tiered NFL players still have the same issues with pesky cars trying to dethrone the GT-R.

Brandon , our sales associate Dan Macro and myself spoke a lot over the next few weeks. Each time Brandon was more and more excited to get his baby back. A friendly rivalry was building amongst Brandon's friends and a line of potential opponents was starting to form while he patiently waited for the completion of his ALPHA 9+ GT-R.

Brandon said every time another opponent lined up a challenge for the car's return he would just smile and humbly accept it. The smack talk was starting to get thick but Brandon held strong.

His ALPHA 9+ was almost compete. With our new larger turbo chargers and intakes pipes installed we were about ready to deliver Brandon the car he had asked for

The car was completed by our experienced technician Eric Jones and it was ready for AMS tuner Chris black to fire up the laptop and start tuning!

As expected the HP bump was just what Brandon and we had hoped for. A nice gain over the ALPHA 9 package and no loss in spool or response.

753 Wheel Horsepower on pump gas
837 Wheel Horsepower race gas

Well last week Brandon was in the sporting news. Brandon had a tough game week 8 against the Dolphins. In an interview after the game he made the following statement:

“I’ve got nothing positive to say.The most positive thing: I got family at home and I got a fast-*** car being delivered on Tuesday. That’s it.”

Well Tuesday came and Brandon's "fast ***" car was delivered. His AMS ALPHA 9+ GT-R!!!

While out at SEMA I made it a point to call Brandon on Tuesday to get his first hand account of the car and his first impressions. Knowing what I know now, I would of taped the conversation. Brandon was ECSTATIC!! The car was everything he had ever hoped it would be and more.... and that was on PUMP gas!

I got a text later that afternoon "It's making me smile ear to ear"

He said he was afraid to try race gas as he feared it would be so addicting he would never want to go back to pump. Apparently he wasn't too afraid because he had four 54 gallon drums of race gas delivered to his house LOL!

So what happened to all those potential opponents you ask? I asked Brandon the same thing and his response was "E, They just keep coming up with excuses..."

I can live with that

Oh and for you football fans this past week after taking delivery of his ALPHA 9+ GT-R the NY Giants played the New England Patriots. Brandon had a 100 all purpose yards and a touchdown, he was possessed!

He just needed some ALPHA seat time is all.

Brandon, congrats on your new ALPHA 9+ GT-R and I hope it gives you years of smiles!!!

Welcome to the ALPHA family!

Eric

Last edited by AMS; 11-08-2011 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-08-2011, 11:30 AM
AMS
Former Vendor
AMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond reputeAMS has a reputation beyond repute
Official testimony from Brandon: "You guys had great customer service. You guys let me know every step my car went through. Perfect service is all I cared about and all you guys delivered.

"Now to the beast, I have NEVER felt power put down like that! AMS you are the best at what you do, keep up the good work."

Old 11-08-2011, 01:01 PM
dinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond reputedinorocz has a reputation beyond repute
Brandon is a sweetheart of a guy and I cant wait to see this thing in person... just one question how did you guys not convince him to do the Alpha 12 kit?!?!?!?!?!

Old 11-08-2011, 03:00 PM
adamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the roughadamls2 is a jewel in the rough
sweet!!! i love seeing stories and builds like this

Old 11-08-2011, 04:34 PM
jenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant futurejenk12m has a brilliant future
Nice to see but when he's ready to get on a racetrack, he has some catching up to do. Haha.

Old 11-09-2011, 02:49 PM
gamebred26 is on a distinguished road
great now he'll crash an be out even more time. lol. he put a pounding on the pats though.

Old 11-09-2011, 04:37 PM
MrPowaglide is on a distinguished road
Great to hear how professional athletes like to have their cars built to go faster just like us.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:15 PM
evil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to beholdevil panda is a splendid one to behold
great story. give me a heads up next time you deliver something to him, so i can pick him up in my fantasy football league, k?

Old 11-09-2011, 06:45 PM
Spinny is on a distinguished road
Car is a straight BEAST.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:00 AM
ocapella is on a distinguished road
Very cool and thanks for sharing, although I didn't need the reminder of the Pat's loss.

Old 01-02-2012, 12:40 PM
simonmv is on a distinguished road
He got good taste in cars!

Old 01-12-2012, 08:51 AM
Myclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the roughMyclue is a jewel in the rough
niiice!

Old 01-16-2012, 09:34 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Great story. Surprised he didn't go ALL out.

Old 01-16-2012, 11:17 AM
Bruce_Wayne is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Great story. Surprised he didn't go ALL out.
I heard he has bigger plans for the car.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !Heist Is a GOD !
Didn't know Jacobs was such a car nut.
Good story. Would love to see some 1/4mi or road test video.
I wonder what he had done previously and how much internal engine work has been completed.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NY Giants Brandon Jacobs "fast ass" ALPHA 9+ GT-R