Nissan GTR Forum for the R32, R33, R34 and R35 "Godzilla"

'14 GTR - Not a Fan So Far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by fcar348
i dont get the op's opinion on this. i went from 997 gt3 to gtr and havent looked back. i use them both as daily drivers about 6k mi/yr and up to 10 track days/yr.

yes, the hi rev nature and sound of the gt3 was intoxicating but a midpipe on gtr helps close that gap. the steering on gt3 was sublime but cant expect that with an awd car. i prefer gtr in every other aspect street, track, appearance, etc.

get an exhaust and give it a chance. gtr is awesome
Don't get me wrong. The GTR is an amazing car. It's a $100k video game that goes like stink. It might grow on me. I hope so. At least my kids love it!

I've owned many great sports cars over the years and have always preferred the ones that feel alive, a little rough around the edges. Cars that you drive, they don't drive you. This car is too perfect if you know what I mean? It does everything too well.

I bought it so I do plan on giving it a chance.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:58 PM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
Try taking it to a road race track. Turn all the controls to race and find a new level of joy.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Former Vendor
HG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to allHG Performance is a name known to all
Originally Posted by Evo650
I just bought a 2014 GTR. I want to like it but can't warm up to it so far. I've always been a Porsche guy and it was between the GTR and the 991. I didn't test drive the GTR (wasn't allowed) and caved to the pressure from my kids. They love this car.

The GTR is a rocket but there's no driving involvement. I find it to be a sterile car and, so far, don't enjoy driving it.

I currently have a Panamera GTS and love the way it drives, sounds, etc. I've also owned a 993 turbo, and a 996 GT2. They get the blood flowing!

It's a well built car and the technology is amazing. I'm sure I'm in the minority but it just doesn't get the adrenaline pumping. Anyone else feel this way?

Out of the box, the GT-R is extremely impressive, but can use a little more umph and sound.

If you are looking for a little more overall, I would recommend a few bolt on parts and custom tune (Downpipes, Exhaust System, Drop-In Filters, Intercooler, etc..).

Below is a link to a 2014 we just finished last week. The customer and I were very happy with the results: 2014 GT-R Build

If you are looking for a larger bump in power, I would recommend one of the Switzer packages. There are many options for this car, but the Switzer packages are extremely reliable. They are very drivable for every day use but yield some impressive power gains.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:27 AM
Evo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond reputeEvo650 has a reputation beyond repute
The car is growing on me. I'm starting to appreciate it for what it is.

Just ordered my first round of mods:

-3" intakes
-catless down pipes
-3" midpipe with high-flow cat
-1000cc injectors
-upgraded fuel pumps (290 LPH)
- Visconti E85 ECUtek system/tune

The Visconti upgrade is really cool. It monitors the ethanol content of fuel and adjusts accordingly. No swapping maps, worrying about ethanol content, etc.

Old 04-07-2013, 04:18 PM
gtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud ofgtr guy in az has much to be proud of
That's all the way to 3rd base... It will sound and go very differently ....

Old 04-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !

-3" intakes
-catless down pipes
-1000cc injectors

The Visconti upgrade is really cool. It monitors the ethanol content of fuel and adjusts accordingly. No swapping maps, worrying about ethanol content, etc.
Max bolt-ons pushing the stock turbos out of their efficiency range while using E85 as a band-aid. Good luck with that...

Old 04-07-2013, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Max bolt-ons pushing the stock turbos out of their efficiency range while using E85 as a band-aid. Good luck with that...
Recommendations? For now I want to stick with bolt-ons. This is my first rodeo with the GTR.

Have you been happy with the Switzer P700 kit?

Old 04-07-2013, 09:40 PM
Scott,

Looks like this tune doesn't push the turbos beyond 20 psi on full E85. Would you be concerned at these levels? I appreciate the help.

Last edited by Evo650; 04-07-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 04-08-2013, 05:52 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
growing..

-3" intakes
-catless down pipes
-1000cc injectors

if u don't care about your warranty go ahead and start modding if i were u i'll consider something that you can progressively upgrade not the ones that u will outgrow and take it slowly you don't wanna waste parts and so on. Now, if u wanna really find out whether the GTR is for you or not take it to a road course and whip it you'll get your answer there that's how i found my answer. Full factory warranty is a blessing my friend.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:02 AM
Originally Posted by 2swoosh
if u don't care about your warranty go ahead and start modding if i were u i'll consider something that you can progressively upgrade not the ones that u will outgrow and take it slowly you don't wanna waste parts and so on. Now, if u wanna really find out whether the GTR is for you or not take it to a road course and whip it you'll get your answer there that's how i found my answer. Full factory warranty is a blessing my friend.
Great advice but I'm not too worried about my warranty. I'm looking for approx 550 - 600 whp. Nothing more.

Old 04-08-2013, 08:32 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Recommendations? For now I want to stick with bolt-ons. This is my first rodeo with the GTR.

Have you been happy with the Switzer P700 kit?
Hey bro,

I am absolutely not a fan of pushing the stock turbos that hard. It creates way too much heat and your motor will require the use of E85 to survive. I highly recommend doing it right and going with aftermarket turbos.

As far as the P700, I love it. Feel free to PM me for more info if you'd like.

Scott

Old 04-09-2013, 10:45 PM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
keep it at 560whp and you will be fine.

Tell Visconti to keep it at 18psi max and 15psi redline. Car will survive.

My car on 91 octane ran 10.8s @130 with peak 17psi and 14 redline. Was a blast to drive.

Stock GTRs are fun , but tuned E85 are 10x more fun.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:03 PM
Originally Posted by vegasGTR
keep it at 560whp and you will be fine.

Tell Visconti to keep it at 18psi max and 15psi redline. Car will survive.

My car on 91 octane ran 10.8s @130 with peak 17psi and 14 redline. Was a blast to drive.

Stock GTRs are fun , but tuned E85 are 10x more fun.
Thanks. Did you upgrade your tranny?

Old 04-10-2013, 12:50 AM
vegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond reputevegasGTR has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks. Did you upgrade your tranny?
No need for tranny upgrade until 650whp/650trq

560/550 will be just right .

Old 04-13-2013, 06:11 AM
Banned
2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future2swoosh has a brilliant future
P car

I'm thinking of trying one of the E85 tunes. I hate giving up my warranty but the power gains, for the money, are impressive.
Just a heads up when you go that route make sure the tune has a flex fuel capability without any adjustments on your part and whatever ECM you choose make sure also that it will support your future mods say you want to go full build (minimum 800 awhp) without buying a new ECM. Compare and do a good reasearch there's plenty to choose out there or interview current owners. Good luck.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.