Best/worst Car Dealers ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 01:27 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by Brian Haske
of course, call or PM me
Thanks! you've got a PM

Old 11-14-2007, 12:27 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Ah... time for my 2 cents:

I had a decent experience with Stanford European, they gave me a great deal on my first car - used M Roadster. I worked with Matt who was very friendly (I grew up there so he's know me since I was a kid), and I also like the fact you can test drive any car you want with just a driver's license. I think Robyn also bought her red 911 Turbo from there as well. It was also the first and only time I got to drive a Gallardo

I had great experiences with East Bay BMW when I bought my first M3. They were the only dealer that was willing to sell the car for me below MSRP at 2001. I think mainly they felt sorry for me.

As for service, I think it's hit and miss for Alison's BMW. Depending on the service adviser, you either get a great or crappy experience. I forgot the service adviser's name now but I switch to this guy who drove a Toyota Supra, and he was the best adviser I had (except you - Haske ). He took care of me especially when my engine died on my BMW due to some bearing problem.

As for Porsches, I like going to Rector for parts as I aways get it near cost, much cheaper than Carlsen. Service-wise Carlsen always does the best job and at the best prices for a dealer. Haske treats me well.

I had one bad experience with Rector and never went back. They charged me $900+ for a 30K maintenance and charged me for a loaner car as well. When I got my car behind schedule they failed to replace some part that cause white smoke to come out of my engine bay - and a red check engine light. Although they did fix their wrong for free, I never felt comfortable going back.

Old 11-14-2007, 12:51 PM
Banned
DimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura aboutDimNSlow has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
cool **** !!!!

ROFL
I can definitely see MTK doing that

Old 11-22-2007, 07:32 PM
Chewbacca is on a distinguished road
My first experience very unflattering

Just had my car serviced at Stephens creek Porsche, nice guy at service desk, decent young mechanic, and a nice guy who sold me a jacket, but thee rest of them you can have em.......

As for Silicon Valley autos, walked in walked around 2 360 Modena's they had, because Im interested, not one of the people their, for 20 minutes even acknowledged my presence, and its not like I turned up in a Lada, I was in the 997, and they knew I was their. I mean I was on my kneed fro 5 minutes checking the body out on both cars....

Just extroadinary to me. It seems they have way too much easy business for now and so the low hanging fruit is where its at...what they dont realise is that people who can remain in the market for cars like these when the *** drops out of everyones world (coming soon to a neighbourhood near you) that scarcity of customers will come back to haunt them...

This is when the supply/demand elasticity changes in our favour and their are more cars than buyers, meaning we can go to dealers that care a touch.

Enough ranting for now, but it seems Im reading that Carlson are a good bet and I do need to talk to someone about a 3 way deal, so who their can I speak to that wont bull**** me on finance, or cars or tradeins etc ??

Appreciate your insight

Old 12-02-2007, 04:26 PM
dasvolk is infamous around these parts
Worst: San Rafael Chevrolet
Salespeople were tacky morons who tried to sell me a V they had on the lot for 2 years, because I wanted to drive one with the sport shocks before I ordered a set. I already own one that's a year newer.. why the **** would they try to sell me their lunch beater??

Service is at least as bad. Their techs are so lazy that they didn't bother to button up the underbody shielding and it fell loose while I was in the parking lot. Worse, they said that they wouldn't fix it and that I had "bottomed out" the car. Also, they start out by saying whatever I brought it in for won't be covered by warranty before they even figure out what's wrong... and the only mod I have is swaybars.

Old 12-03-2007, 12:17 AM
Chewbacca is on a distinguished road
Hey Brian

May have to add another dealership to this list if I cant get a call back..3 left messages ??????

Any chance you can amble down the showroom floor and remind him were still alive ?

Hope your well bud

M

Old 12-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Banned
Dammit Brian - told you to slap those salespeople around and regulate!

Old 12-08-2007, 10:55 PM
myzamboni is on a distinguished road
BMW of Moutain View = horrible. Broke more stuff than they fixed.

Steven's Creek BMW = great experience all around. Ask for Dale

Smythe Volvo on Capitol = sucks

Smythe Volvo on Steven's Creek = awesome (smaller dealer that acknowleges you but does not push.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:56 PM
GT3 Kid will become famous soon enough
Have had a pretty good experience at Stevens Creek. Got our GT3 RS from Vinney for MSRP. Only problem was that we were second in line with our allocation and ended up getting bumped to third in line when someone who had bought a bunch of cars wanted #1.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:17 PM
drew935 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by unkle kraker
Why Veracom?

The worst is Capitol Mitsubishi
-Went there about 2 years ago and I'm seriously looking @ EVO but got disappointed coz' they won't let me test drive it and giving me all this BS about coz' it's still being new and the guy wants to make sure that I will buy it before test driving...he want's to work with all the numbers first before I could go for a test drive
+2...the GM, I had a connection with the family, wouldn't even give me a good deal even though the car was for promotion and advertising and was willing to give him free advertising as well. Still bought the car but got rid of it in 04. This was in March of 03.

Old 12-14-2007, 02:15 AM
Nicole is on a distinguished road
My observation is that the customer experience very much depends on the individual you encounter at a dealership or shop at the time you do or try to do any business there. The same dealership might have good (nice, helpful) and bad (arrogant) salespeople, and it's similar in service. Of course there can be a management or training issue, too, or someone was just having a bad day when you happened to walk-in!

I used to stay away from dealers after the purchase of my first car, when I was FOB (actually, it should be FOP, as I flew-in). That was at Stevens Creek Nissan, where they lied and played with me. I haven't been there since, and never will go there again.

Another negative experience was in the mid-90ies at Fremont Ford's service department (I had a Ford Probe then), where I asked for help in diagnosing a vibration at 67mph from the rear wheels that had not been fixed by previous tire balancing or replacement. They flat out told me that they could not diagnose it because it would occur at speeds beyond the speed limit... which was 55mph at the time (later, a Midas tech found that the rer drums were warped).

Anyway, pretty much all high line dealerships I walked into in more recent times treated me well and with respect. Granted, I don't go in ratty clothes, but I also give the people I talk to some respect.

I think it's always a two-way street: If you go-in and treat the salesperson like a criminal, and try to strip him naked, he will be less likely to roll-out the red carpet for you. After all, he is trying to make a living by providing a service to you, and can't pay his rent from your "love" alone...

As they say in good cold Germany: "Nothing in life is free, except death - and even that you have to pay for: with your life" ... remember that!

Last edited by Nicole; 12-14-2007 at 02:31 AM.
Old 12-20-2007, 10:44 PM
ThatOneGuy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by eshaun
Jeff, the service director at SF BMW takes phenomenal care of my car and every M owner within 100miles whom ive referred to him. Now, if only I knew any really good local ppl in sales
I had the opposite experience at BMW of SF. Horrible sales, horrible service, I'll never shop there again. I've had great service at Weatherford in Berkeley. But, from what I've read it really depends on your SA.

Old 12-24-2007, 01:32 AM
lightstream is on a distinguished road
bmw stevens creek- worst

I agree- and what a drag because they used to be pretty good. I bought my 1995 M3 new from them and they acted like they appreciated my business and the service department was very good. Now, it's almost as bad as Fry's Electronics in Palo alto. Well maybe not That bad.

Old 12-24-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is on a distinguished road
i agree its a two way street. anyhow, got my pepper from mike at stevens creek. we did some yelling back and forth but i got a good deal and it was fun. nothing personal..

Old 12-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned
IslandMD615 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by dasvolk
Worst: San Rafael Chevrolet
Salespeople were tacky morons who tried to sell me a V they had on the lot for 2 years, because I wanted to drive one with the sport shocks before I ordered a set. I already own one that's a year newer.. why the **** would they try to sell me their lunch beater??

Service is at least as bad. Their techs are so lazy that they didn't bother to button up the underbody shielding and it fell loose while I was in the parking lot. Worse, they said that they wouldn't fix it and that I had "bottomed out" the car. Also, they start out by saying whatever I brought it in for won't be covered by warranty before they even figure out what's wrong... and the only mod I have is swaybars.
chevys dealers are the worst man. ill never look at another chevy again.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best/worst Car Dealers ???