Best/worst Car Dealers ???

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2007, 11:40 PM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
Best/worst Car Dealers ???

acknowledge or vent on your local buying/selling/trading experience
who have you worked with why are they cool?

BEST

1. Ferrari/Maserati Silicon Valley(ask for Parris or Jason)
why? the bistro and the networking events/car gatherings
service = excellent! the gal who used to be my adviser had a great ***!

2. BMW (Steven's Creek)
why? snack bar and kid's playroom (next to showrrom)
service = mediocre at best

honorable mention:
Porsche Steven's Creek: Vinny
Mercedes Autobahn (Belmont): Glen Simon

WORST

1. Silicon Valley Auto Group
why?
what the hell is going on, why are those guys so pushy yet so unmotivated?
service
= wow, do you guys know wtf youre doing? where is it? blossom hill???

2. Stanford European (now defunct)

why? wonder why?
service = (yawn* crickets*)

Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
I'll have to check out Porsche Steven's Creek soon. I need the code for my stock deck lol. Unless anyone knows a way to avoid going in for this...Brian?

Old 11-07-2007, 02:38 PM
swede_matt is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MrTheKid
2. BMW (Steven's Creek)
why? snack bar and kid's playroom (next to showrrom)
service = mediocre at best

honorable mention:
Porsche Steven's Creek: Vinny
Mercedes Autobahn (Belmont): Glen Simon
Totally agree with above two reviews.

Steven's Creek BMW just doesn't seem to be able to ever get it together. Have been a long time customer and service is spotty at best. Always get the feeling that their priority is volume sales and not service of their customers.

I also had a great experience with Vinny at Porsche Steven's Creek. He really took care of me and went over and above to get the deal done. Very happy with Vinny and would recommend that you talk to Vinny if you want to buy from this dealership.

Overall though I have had a much better experince at Carlsen Porsche in Redwood City. It's far from where I live but I think I'll buy my next Porsche from them.

Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 PM
81911 is on a distinguished road
I recently bought a jacket from Jose at Carlsen in Redwood and well it may not be a car, he sure did get my jacket on time. LOL

Old 11-08-2007, 10:24 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
For me (before I had a shop even), Carlsen has always been the best for both buying cars (Gary) and service (Brian Haske)....

The worst has been, BMW on Steven's Creek.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:17 AM
KelvinC will become famous soon enough
I received absolutely zero help at both Stevens Creek Porsche and Stevens Creek BMW.

On the other hand, I've received great service in both sales and parts at Carlsen (Brian of course) and Fremont Porsche, as well as Mountain View (formerly Allison) BMW and MINI.

I don't know what makes the Stevens Creek guys such *******s. I guess it's because I'm not an older-looking guy.

Old 11-08-2007, 01:49 PM
TunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of lightTunaRollZ is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by KelvinC
I don't know what makes the Stevens Creek guys such *******s. I guess it's because I'm not an older-looking guy.
You didn't drive up in a beater right? lol (like to pick up parts or whatever)...

Since I also look younger than I really am, I get similar attitudes when I don't drive up in a nice luxury/sports car of sorts.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:36 PM
MrTheKid is on a distinguished road
5yrs ago i walked into a dealer (in SF on VanNess), i had long hair, some camoflauge cargo shorts, and 350k to spend

i got 6 dirty looks, i got zero help! after 30mins i asked a gal for a salesperson ----
she called some larry and he then explained to me that i had to make an appointment! his tone of voice was very rude and just that of a c0ckf@g

i never went, and i never will go back there again!

Old 11-08-2007, 11:41 PM
lol you should've rubbed your 350K in their smug faces as you left

Old 11-09-2007, 12:47 AM
ipohopper is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by TunaRollZ
lol you should've rubbed your 350K in their smug faces as you left
Wasn't that a scene from Pretty Woman?

Knick you should have showed up in your exotic just like Julia Roberts and yelled out “You work on commission right? Big mistake, huge!”

Old 11-09-2007, 01:11 AM
81911 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ipohopper
Wasn't that a scene from Pretty Woman?

Knick you should have showed up in your exotic just like Julia Roberts and yelled out “You work on commission right? Big mistake, huge!”
Yea, you got to "pretty woman" them, that'll show 'em

Old 11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
tkracing is on a distinguished road
The worst:
Veracom (San mateo) Anthony
Stanford European (P.A) Matt
Putnam Jaguar (Redwood city) the entire sales staff
Serramonte Lexus (Daly City) Everyone

The best:
Cammisa motors (Burlingame) Ralph not Larry
Carsmith motors (Fremont) broker...ask for Sean

Old 11-09-2007, 08:53 AM
unkle kraker is on a distinguished road
Why Veracom?

The worst is Capitol Mitsubishi
-Went there about 2 years ago and I'm seriously looking @ EVO but got disappointed coz' they won't let me test drive it and giving me all this BS about coz' it's still being new and the guy wants to make sure that I will buy it before test driving...he want's to work with all the numbers first before I could go for a test drive

The best is
Stevens Creek European
-I bought my first 2 European cars there (Boxster and MB) and the service that they provide, before and after I bought the car is a good experience. Making sure that I'm okay with the price of what I paid for and the first change oil and major detail are free...for such a small dealer, that's pretty cool!
I referr my Sis in Law and a friend...they got the same treatment

Veracom (Anthony)
I like the service that he provided when I bought my 2nd MB @ Veracom. He gave me an offer that I couldn't resist plus Car Detail, Full tank of gas, window tint removal and Oil change for free..they even offer a new tint for free but I like the blueish tint that comes stock on MB

Old 11-09-2007, 06:49 PM
CarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant futureCarNerd has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by sharkster
For me (before I had a shop even), Carlsen has always been the best for both buying cars (Gary) and service (Brian Haske)....

The worst has been, BMW on Steven's Creek.
I couldnt agree more!

Old 11-09-2007, 08:10 PM
tkracing is on a distinguished road
Veracom (Anthony)
I like the service that he provided when I bought my 2nd MB @ Veracom. He gave me an offer that I couldn't resist plus Car Detail, Full tank of gas, window tint removal and Oil change for free..they even offer a new tint for free but I like the blueish tint that comes stock on MB
Thats cool that you had a good experience. At least he came through for someone.

I have had a few experiences with him myself. The last one was he refused to deliver the car the day I wanted it because it was his day off (took it home the night before). This is after his sales guy told me to come down they were detailing it as we spoke.

Last month my aunt went down to buy a mercedes E320 from them. After agreeing on price they came back to her right at purchase to tell her they had made a mistake. The year of the car was wrong and that they had to raise the price of the car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best/worst Car Dealers ???