Just watched the weather report for this weekend 10/27-10/28

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 10:09 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Hey all

great to be back and meet my old friends. Also great to meet the new faces.
Ben - sick ride!
Vince - love the new ride!
Mitch - love the way your M looks!

Sorry I couldnt go on the whole drive but the I90 was fun - pretty much kept the car in 6th and 2/3 throttle. She was still pretty responsive. Its hard to resist WOT though.

Jag
Lol, it's a good thing you left. That way you could have bailed us out if anything happened ... =P

I've been pulled over god knows how many times and they have never even made a stink about my front plate or lack there of. Hell, the last 4 times I've been pulled over, they didn't even ask to see my insurance or my registration! These were all triple digit infractions too.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:33 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by M32911S
Hey question for you guys. On the drive two weeks ago a fukin state trooper pulled me over after I left the group and was heading back. I was not speeding at the time...he was going the opposite way as I was coming to a stoplight approaching I-5 off highway 12. He pulls a u-turn, follows me for like 20 seconds and pulls me over for not having a front plate. Instead of giving me a warning he gives me a fix-it ticket, basically wanting me to drill holes in my car and put a front plate on. I have never had a front plate on any of my cars for 10 years and I have never been pulled over until this guy. Suggestions please!
OK, WTF is a "fix it ticket"? I've gotten two tickets for no front plate (classed as a non moving violation like not wearing a seat belt). Each case required I pay a $100+ fine. After that I put a plate on just to avoid further hassles (and because I'm also a cheap SOB), but I never had to go through any inspection process or otherwise prove I had actually installed a front plate.

Is there something new going on with the no front plate thing? I had intended to run without a front plate until I received at least $500 worth of tickets (I've budgeted for it.)

I see more and more cars/trucks without front plates. Maybe the WSP needs to trade their guns for electric drills with a half inch bit to drill holes in front bumpers to help us poor motorist's out, much as they do for those that run out of gas.

Old 10-29-2007, 10:47 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
ya i know how fast the new GT3... driven Vinces and Marks and they are insane.. Ben took me out in the DTM.. just amazing!!