Proformance Track Day Sat Nov 24th

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-23-2007, 12:05 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
Sears has Nikon D40's for sale for under 500 dollars, that would solve your camera issue for sure.

Hopefully the pass is good tomorrow, If so, I'll be at Pacific at around 11am to check it out.
see you there!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:01 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PJS
Mitchel -- I am not haggling over $25... I would pay more for less cars and more time... I was only trying to point out that saying proformance was expensive was not necessarily so if you break it down to # of cars and actual drive time alotted
I wasn't saying you were buddy, you made your point very well. I was speaking generally.

Old 11-23-2007, 02:06 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i let jason, josh, jay, and jeff know. i'm not sure if any of them have their DE, so they may not be able to race, but it would be cool to watch you guys that are! maybe they'll want to drive down together around 10'ish.

plus, some of the guys that are watching have some good cameras! i've added that nikon to my "wish list". =) if the guys that are racing want to bring their cameras, i'll be happy to get some shots for you if you'd like!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:33 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
It's worth it, sort of makes you question the costs of a PCA track day though =P

Plus, you're driving the wrong car to be haggling over $25 =P
no sweat Mitchel -- I just misread this -- come by and check it out...

Old 11-23-2007, 02:39 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
i let jason, josh, jay, and jeff know. i'm not sure if any of them have their DE, so they may not be able to race, but it would be cool to watch you guys that are! maybe they'll want to drive down together around 10'ish.

plus, some of the guys that are watching have some good cameras! i've added that nikon to my "wish list". =) if the guys that are racing want to bring their cameras, i'll be happy to get some shots for you if you'd like!
I think you have to sign up in advace... although there website says that there are 20 slots left for tomorrow... hmmm

Although it just may not be updated -- because there were 20 slots left before I signed up...

I am pretty sure that you have to have completed their one day class before they will let you on the track for one of their events... but possibly you could talk your way on by saying you did this or that school etc or if they already know you...

I am hoping that the slots stay open... less track traffic in smaller groups!

Old 11-23-2007, 02:59 PM
PJS
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
ah well, i'll come to watch. i can still watch and take pictures, right?

yes... and you can get a feel for what it is all about...

it is not exactly spine tingling excitement as a spectator... but weather should be good etc...

Old 11-23-2007, 05:59 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Have a good time, PJ. I was hoping to make it... even went out to Barrier and they let me scrounge around in their discarded tire pile (i need a left 235/35/19 PS2 that'll last me 1 day ) but no go.

You'll probably get a ton of track time tomorrow but I know I would be getting some major pucker factor through 5A - 7 in the morning. Yikes!

Old 11-23-2007, 06:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
PJ's watch 4,5a,5b and 6 early in the morning. that cauldren will be full of some very slippery driving. Keep your foot down hard from early apex at turn 8 and make that GT3 see the 150's by turn 1. It's like disneyland ya know.
Mark

What's your lap times at Pacific with your various cars?

Old 11-23-2007, 07:02 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
only run one of my cars at Pacific Raceways. Never run my GT3 Cup there but my RS America turns 1:36's to 1:37's. It's ok but only 250hp so can't even get it to 150mph in the straight. These are just my race qualifying times I have never actually timed anything on my own. I don't even know what a good time around that track is. I've seen some high hp corvettes and big turbo'd Porsches turn upper 1:20's.

Old 11-23-2007, 07:46 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
PJ,

thanks for all of the great info! it'll be cool to watch everyone tomorrow and see what it's all about! good luck with your times!

Old 11-23-2007, 10:34 PM
PJS
thanks -- I will see those of you that make it and I plan on being pretty careful on the back of the track as I have been duely cautioned by Mark, Lig and Vincent...

Old 11-24-2007, 12:11 AM
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
only run one of my cars at Pacific Raceways. Never run my GT3 Cup there but my RS America turns 1:36's to 1:37's. It's ok but only 250hp so can't even get it to 150mph in the straight. These are just my race qualifying times I have never actually timed anything on my own. I don't even know what a good time around that track is. I've seen some high hp corvettes and big turbo'd Porsches turn upper 1:20's.
My buddy's evo ran 1:39 and he had twice the power, fully gutted, caged, and on R-Compounds...and you're 2 seconds faster in an RS America...god damn.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:44 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
[quote=PJS;1478752]I think you have to sign up in advace... although there website says that there are 20 slots left for tomorrow... hmmm

Donna - Don's wife is real good at keeping web up to date. You will probably have a small turnout which will make for good track time.

quote by Pj's "I am pretty sure that you have to have completed their one day class before they will let you on the track for one of their events... but possibly you could talk your way on by saying you did this or that school etc or if they already know you..."

They don't allow people to talk their way on. Unless you've got the experience you don't go. They do this for the safety of others.

btw Boxstergirl. it's just 7/10's driving and not Racing. No timing devices allowed. It's fancy drivers ed but excellent for your driving abilities. If you want to drive them fast you need to learn them well.............

Old 11-24-2007, 09:36 AM
yep, i'll sign up for the class. i've actually never seen the track before, so i am totally unfamiliar with it.

i don't mind drivers ed. i had a blast back then, at age 15. plus i've done some DE with pca. all of which are fun!

i'll wait till spring time, sign up, and then be able to go on the track w/ you guys. till then, it's cool just to come and watch you all.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:03 AM
See you all there.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Proformance Track Day Sat Nov 24th