dealer/sales recommendation in Seattle/Tacoma

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Heh...was just kidding around.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:23 AM
Outlaw is on a distinguished road
hay hay, it all good bro.. I dont bite..

Old 12-06-2007, 09:29 AM
cellg8 is on a distinguished road
Thank you all for the input once again... This is truly a very helpful forum!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:34 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Outlaw
hay hay, it all good bro.. I dont bite..
i do

Old 12-06-2007, 12:39 PM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
You should def. drive the Audi. that is a great car and I really enjoy it! Go to barrier Audi and talk to Brook thomason, he is the new car manager and tell him I sent you. I have been friends with him for over 10 years and he is a good guy, not a typical "car guy".

If you are looking at a used turbo, talk to Kevin Fields at larson also. It never hurts to call around and maybe you will find someone you like to work with (that is the biggest thing). Just search the internet and see what prices are doing and where they fall into place and know what you want to spend.

Old 12-06-2007, 01:22 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by cellg8
Bruce, I'm considering either an 05 cayenne turbo or 08 cayenne S... Also I might go with Q7...thanks.
Since you are open to other marques/models, I'll throw the following spanner in the works:

http://suvs.about.com/od/volkswagen/...7VWTouareg.htm

The VW Touareg -- the chassis is the same as the Porsche's, and I was very impressed by the test drive. Sure, I love the Porsche brand and allure as much as the next car-lovin' fiend, but I also like saving a bunch of moolah too!
The only reason I didn't go with it was that it's too small for my family's needs. Ended up with a GL320 CDI -- and absolutely LOVE it -- get 500+m on a tank -- avg 20mpg; not bad for a full-size SUV....

Old 12-06-2007, 09:07 PM
Bruce,
Thank you! Did you happen to have Brook's email?

Brit,
Thank you, too... I will check out VW Touareg as well...

Again, I really appreciate all your input! Thank you!

Old 12-06-2007, 10:41 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
V10 diesel Toureg FTW

Old 12-06-2007, 11:26 PM
M32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to beholdM32911S is a splendid one to behold
Good feedback. When I was looking to buy a P-car Roger Jobs was very attentive and friendly. I happened to end up finding my 997 in Oregon. As for sunset they are awesome...I bought my x51 headers from there and they price-matched suncoast and had the headers in my hands the next day! Larson told me "perhaps a P-car is not for me" but hey no hard feelings.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:48 AM
Brucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to allBrucem is a name known to all
I don't have Brook's email sorry (just his personal one). I am sure the receptionist could give it to you though.

I really like the Toureg!!! V10 is the way to go ask THE SURFER

Old 12-07-2007, 12:19 PM
BritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to beholdBritBlaster is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Brucem
I really like the Toureg!!! V10 is the way to go ask THE SURFER
The V10 oil-burner is definitely an awesome choice if budget is not a consideration, or you regularly need to haul loads that would usually require a call to BNSF (that thing makes so much torque, it makes a John Deere jealous!).

Old 12-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Ok...thank you, guys!

Old 12-09-2007, 11:51 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
It concerns me that so many people are worrying about saving 2-5k on a car that's purpous over performance is saying look at me I have an expensive car. Why wouldn't we want to support local dealerships unless they don't actually have the merchandise we want.

I've heard good things about Roger Jobs but have used Steve Cho @ Barrier for my last couple. Larson would be my last choice and my business is minutes from them. Lack of knowledge, product and technicians makes it a shell of a dealership only. The service department at Barrier is spectacular.

Do you blame dealerships that have more buyers then cars to hold their pricing? What are all of us in business for?
If you work in a State support it if they have the product. If I was a plumber I'd hate to hear about someone calling someone from Oregon to fix my toilet.

On the other side if you go into a dealer and they treat you poorly go elsewhere. They need to appreciate the enthusiest and consumer.

Old 12-09-2007, 03:50 PM
seattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really niceseattle_sun is just really nice
If the effort, time, and savings are worth it to you, why wouldn't you buy elsewhere? For a lot of people, 3 to 5 thousand dollars is a lot of money.

I don't blame dealerships that can hold their pricing, but on the other hand, don't blame the consumer that shops around and gets the best price they can. Yes, its nice to support locally, but there are not a lot of Porsche dealerships in WA- a lot more plumbers.

When I bought my Cayenne, the Austin dealer offered me 12 grand off. However, I did eventually buy from Barrier. Initially, they would only give me MSRP, but when I told them I was going to buy from TX again, they gave me 6 grand off and a good trade in. If I never shopped around, I wouldn't have known that there was a glut of Cayennes last year and I would have paid MSRP. I think economic competition is healthy. One of the reasons why the Pentagon pays 12 grand for a toilet seat.

Old 12-09-2007, 04:24 PM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
I guess I'm just a focking peasant.

I tried to buy locally - for that matter I even gave Barrier a chance to come within 3 grand on an ordered car but they declined saying that they can sell all of their allocated cars.

3-5 grand to me is a lot of money.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: dealer/sales recommendation in Seattle/Tacoma