Cars and Coffee

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 11:48 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Pinging everyone for some feedback.

Coffee Houses - National Chains, Local Artisans, post up your preferences.
I know it is about our Cars, but this will help narrow the meeting locations.

Old 01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
rriva will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
hi brian,

lol! sounds like i don't work cuz i'm here 24/7, eh? nooooo......i do work full time....and it's not here! hahaha! if the hubby worked some normal hours you guys would say "who is boxstergirlie?". but.....with his wacked sales hours.....here i am! =P

i posted a thread yesterday about the next meet just to put a feeler out there. i think with living in seattle as opposed to those lucky cali guys that get the sunshine....we will probably get the best results in spring/summer unfortunately.

with that being said, it would be nice to get a good turn out for something social even though it's not driving. steve (red bogey) organized a social at the bowling/pool place by s. center a few days after xmas...but the turnout wasn't very big. =( i understand though, people are away for the holidays, etc.

the few drives i've suggested before had good turnouts, but that was summer time. they have autoX coming up and i know david and josh will be headed to those. so that will bring a few of us out.

i think we have a pretty small/medium group with a few new members this summer and i agree it would be fun to stretch out our fun throughout the year. in the meantime, todd and i have made some great friendships and it would be great to make some more!

damn...i need a special tshirt "unF*c*Withables Social Chair". haha! nahhh...i think it's just me! i like group pictures! haahah!

anyway....to make a super long novel....short, i'll think about what would work to get the group together. you have some good ideas brian. this summer with be a piece of cake. everyone breaks out the pcars, italians, etc....and they are ready to go!

~jody
Again, this is why we live in SoCAl.
http://public.fotki.com/Recon3d/irvine-meet-1-12-08/

Old 01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
Senna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the roughSenna is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by rriva
Again, this is why we live in SoCAl.
http://public.fotki.com/Recon3d/irvine-meet-1-12-08/
Gotta work with what you got baby...

Old 01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Wish it was warmer or I could find someone to wash mine I would be in. I am a punk when it comes to washing my car in the cold.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Just swing by, I have the hot water bib outside.
The Porte Cochier is a nice covered place to dry and wax.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
Wish it was warmer or I could find someone to wash mine I would be in. I am a punk when it comes to washing my car in the cold.
I thought all you guys had heated garages and driveways.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Nope - But see above ^^^

Originally Posted by rriva
I thought all you guys had heated garages and driveways.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
josh....if i can wash mine outside in the cold.....so can you. now get your **** out and play! =P

brian...i emailed my info to you.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 01-12-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:40 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
BelleSquare/Crate and Barrell parking garage? Tomorrow? 10am?

Parking is fine right around them and if you park high enough in the garage you won't get any door dings.

There's a starbucks with a lot of seating and space on the bottom level.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Josh,

Wash your car with warm water buckets or see if you can sweet talk Jason into using his warm water line coming from his garage (lucky bastard!)

Old 01-12-2008, 12:41 PM
Just a boxster?
JP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond reputeJP-S-St.Louis has a reputation beyond repute
Jody----NO way, i will guide a boat through cold *** white water before I wash my car outside.(dry-suit baby) I may need to take it to Ben and have it detailed. Call and let me know when and where to be tomorrow, I may be able to make it.

Brian--Where is this place that you speak of?

rriva--My garage is heated but has no drain in it. Before I tear up the floor to install a drain I will move and build my dream garage. Currently I have a stand up squeegee that I use when I dry the car inside. I also have a couple space heaters as the concrete can be cold in the morning.

Mitchel---Starbucks sucks! It is not real coffee. YUCK

Last edited by JP-S-St.Louis; 01-12-2008 at 12:43 PM.
Old 01-12-2008, 12:43 PM
HUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud ofHUMMM 3 has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Senna
Pinging everyone for some feedback.

Coffee Houses - National Chains, Local Artisans, post up your preferences.
I know it is about our Cars, but this will help narrow the meeting locations.
PM sent.

Old 01-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
josh....if i can wash mine outside in the cold.....so can you. now get your **** out and play! =P

brian...i emailed my info to you.
Women already have cold hands, so no surprise you are outside scrubbing your metal in the freezing cold...

Old 01-12-2008, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by JP-S-St.Louis
rriva--My garage is heated but has no drain in it. Before I tear up the floor to install a drain I will move and build my dream garage. Currently I have a stand up squeegee that I use when I dry the car inside. I also have a couple space heaters as the concrete can be cold in the morning.(
Man, that has to suck..cold weather, sold concrete, cold, wet roads, and cold women... and you live there because???

Old 01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
josh,

are you SURE you're from st. L ??? lol! i think you are a soCal guy at heart!

no worries, my car will probably show up a bit dirty. =P i haven't got my creeper yet so unless i want to spend 20 mins. hunkered down cleaning each wheel....what you see is what you get tomorrow. haha!

i'm not sure of the time/place yet. if/when we meet tomorrow, i'll call ya. besides, i know where you live. i'll come and find you! noooooo..j/k j/k. i'm not really going to take you captive!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Cars and Coffee