How many times have you seen this picture?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 10:54 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
How many times have you seen this picture?

Well, this is the fourth time in 3 years that my car has been on the back of a flatbed. Twice for the shifter linkage giving out and now twice for spilling coolant all over hell and back. I still don't know what is wrong yet. Dealer has had it for 48 hours and no word. I'm hoping its just a hose. Last time it was the oil cooler? Something like that. I think Dave has the right idea, air cooled is sounding pretting nice about now

Old 02-26-2008, 10:56 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Time for an Italian.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:03 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Time for an Italian.
I agree... they are known for their reliability

Old 02-26-2008, 11:07 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Man that view sucks. That's something that none of us like to see. Look on the bright side, you have a M6 to keep you going.

You need Vincent's air cooled car. 700+ HP.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:08 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS
I agree... they are known for their reliability
And M-cars are boring.

Old 02-26-2008, 11:17 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
And M-cars are boring.
why do you think i was driving the turbo?
700HP 993? Vince, how come we never see that monster?

Old 02-26-2008, 11:19 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
And M-cars are boring.
You know, at first I couldn't disagree with you more on that note. But then I realized, an M car by itself is still lackluster in some aspects, which is why they have such a HUGE aftermarket to improve upon where the OEM left off.

They're a great car because they're reliable and truely an open canvas where the sky is the limit. But once you modify them to a certain point, they're not really an ///M car. I mean once you start dropping in power and suspension mods, it's a whole different beast than it's original intent.

Old 02-27-2008, 12:39 AM
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
You know, at first I couldn't disagree with you more on that note. But then I realized, an M car by itself is still lackluster in some aspects, which is why they have such a HUGE aftermarket to improve upon where the OEM left off.

They're a great car because they're reliable and truely an open canvas where the sky is the limit. But once you modify them to a certain point, they're not really an ///M car. I mean once you start dropping in power and suspension mods, it's a whole different beast than it's original intent.
The same thing can be said about my 996tt. it is a completely different beast compared to stock a few years ago. Not the same car at all. I think boring is a little strong for the M's as I do enjoy driving mine, especially to the coast on a sunny day. That's not to say it drives like a race car, its just a fun car in general. I think its an excellent luxury sports car and it does what its supposed to do.

Old 02-27-2008, 07:37 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
And M-cars are boring.
Vincent is just messing with me...
I took a shot at the Italian's reliability, and he is shooting right back about my m...

Old 02-27-2008, 07:40 AM
GT-Tan is on a distinguished road
I was thinking of getting a 996tt, now I kind of moving toward 997S with warranty.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:01 AM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PJS
Vincent is just messing with me...
I took a shot at the Italian's reliability, and he is shooting right back about my m...

Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
i'm sorry to see the car on the flatbed todd.

but, i must admit.....but, look at the bright side.....she still looks HOT up there! i bet she still got lots of looks being up on that lift! hehe!

GL with fixing her. i hope it's something minor.

Old 02-27-2008, 09:53 AM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Sucks...hopefully it's not something big...good luck...

Old 02-27-2008, 11:11 AM
SlowMotion is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by willcoxmd

Well, this is the fourth time in 3 years that my car has been on the back of a flatbed. Twice for the shifter linkage giving out and now twice for spilling coolant all over hell and back. I still don't know what is wrong yet. Dealer has had it for 48 hours and no word. I'm hoping its just a hose. Last time it was the oil cooler? Something like that. I think Dave has the right idea, air cooled is sounding pretting nice about now
Mine has spent a lot of quality time on a flatbed also... don't stress about it.

Seth.

Old 02-27-2008, 11:27 AM
Just kidding about the Mcars comment guys...

Todd as you will soon learn this is the life of a modded car. Being on the flatbed 4 times is not nearly as bad as being in the shop strip naked for 2.5yrs. Hence you have never seen my 993TT. Every since I bought the 7GT3 and now the CS I have somewhat lost my desire to mod cars. I 'd prefer to buy cars that are good out of the box.
PS that balloon white Gallardo Spider is all you man.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How many times have you seen this picture?