Rate Thread

Old 03-25-2008, 08:06 PM
Evader is on a distinguished road
The FedEX guy remebered my Bday...

.....awww how sweet.

Now where are the snails at?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:38 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Are you going to install aftermarket shocks/springs in the rear as well?

Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 PM
Jeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to beholdJeffhay is a splendid one to behold
You're going to love the Cross. I've had mine a little over a week and it transformed the car. Cantrell installed them. He would probably recommend rears much the same way Mitchel did.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
are the items in pic #2 all from bumperplugs?

is the black dot the door lock key hole cover thingy?

I am digging the blacked out emblem!

Old 03-25-2008, 09:44 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Jeffhay
You're going to love the Cross. I've had mine a little over a week and it transformed the car. Cantrell installed them. He would probably recommend rears much the same way Mitchel did.
Well, if he's only going to drag race it, then his stock suspension in the rear will be fine....and I doubt he's doing coilovers to drag race it.

My money is on "I didn't take pictures of the rears because they don't look as cool as the front".

Old 03-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Originally Posted by mitchelrl
Are you going to install aftermarket shocks/springs in the rear as well?
The suspension is stacked in a single box. You can't see the rears because they are underneath the cardboard. This is typical packaging of new suspension setups......................and yes I am going to install the full suspension, end links, sway bar, and bushings.

Old 03-25-2008, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by PJS
are the items in pic #2 all from bumperplugs?

is the black dot the door lock key hole cover thingy?

I am digging the blacked out emblem!
Actually they are all from bumper plugs. They are the silver emblem, the blacked out turbo logo, and the OEM paint matched rear windshield wiper delete plug. My car came with the rear wiper......I figure a good wax from Mirrorworks and a little more right foot should cure any residual rain from my rear window......

BTW......I know you know.....but, Bumperplugs products are very DIY friendly and good quality.

Old 03-26-2008, 12:08 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Hey Cable, it's your birthday? Happy birthday buddy! When are you going to get all this installed?

Old 03-26-2008, 01:11 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
You got to give me a ride when you get them on! I'm on the fence with what to get on mine.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:20 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Hey Cable, it's your birthday? Happy birthday buddy! When are you going to get all this installed?
Installed the plug items last night.

Suspension will be done today.

Much like all my other cars.......I do all my own work except machining.

No about those snails........new hybrids coming soon!

Old 03-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Originally Posted by Stealth 993
You got to give me a ride when you get them on! I'm on the fence with what to get on mine.
You know you are always welcome.

Initially, I was leaning towards PSS9s or an H&R setup but, upon research of multiple forum feedback the PSS9s and H&R C/Os seemed to be more entry level. Having had the JICs on my EVO I enjoyed the ride......granted I had to go through one set of springs to get it right for my taste. I figure we all have our own flavor and driving style that favors heavier or lighter springs. Personal preference is a good place to be because it says you have spent enough time on the track to know the kind of feedback you want.

I got a setup with 8f/12r springs....it is on the heavier side from what I gather.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:40 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Evader
Actually they are all from bumper plugs. They are the silver emblem, the blacked out turbo logo, and the OEM paint matched rear windshield wiper delete plug. My car came with the rear wiper......I figure a good wax from Mirrorworks and a little more right foot should cure any residual rain from my rear window......

BTW......I know you know.....but, Bumperplugs products are very DIY friendly and good quality.
I thought the logo was blacked out because of the way it looks in the picture... now I can see it is the silver logo -- will look sweet on your car.

you show me yours, I show you mine:

Last edited by PJS; 03-26-2008 at 05:14 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Stealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond reputeStealth 993 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Evader
You know you are always welcome.

Initially, I was leaning towards PSS9s or an H&R setup but, upon research of multiple forum feedback the PSS9s and H&R C/Os seemed to be more entry level. Having had the JICs on my EVO I enjoyed the ride......granted I had to go through one set of springs to get it right for my taste. I figure we all have our own flavor and driving style that favors heavier or lighter springs. Personal preference is a good place to be because it says you have spent enough time on the track to know the kind of feedback you want.

I got a setup with 8f/12r springs....it is on the heavier side from what I gather.
I'm the fence about PSS10's, JIC, Moton (not this year), or JRZ's. Ohlin might be on the list also. I also want to get the lower RS spindles & tie rods.

I'm really happy with my current ride quality, just want a little more, & keep it street civil.

My car, I got to work the suspension, cuz the motor is never going to be the powerhouse, even with a 3.8 rebuild.

Old 03-26-2008, 01:46 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PJS
You show me yours, I shoe you mine:
Oh be-have boys....

Old 03-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Remote reservoirs FTW!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: The FedEX guy remebered my Bday...