Roll call! AutoX Saturday, April 12th~

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-09-2008, 08:55 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
Looks like the weather might be good - just signed up!

I'm expecting to get an *** kicking in P4 though. On street rubber but I think my springs take me out of S4. Ouch.

Old 04-09-2008, 08:58 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
jeff,

last time, i went against an rs america on r compounds with suspension and sway bars. i pulled a 2nd out of the two in the class being BONE stock other than my 19's. they ran on dry pavement and my runs were rainy. my times were just a second or two behind them. well, i pulled a first place in stock, but they bumped me up to GTW due to my tire size. i guess i'm not stock anymore! haha!

you can do it buddy! i'll cheer for you! hehe!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 04-09-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Old 04-09-2008, 09:11 AM
lig
lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !lig Is a GOD !
That's pretty impressive. I would think that an RS on Rcomps etc... would be a contender for FTD!

Old 04-09-2008, 12:38 PM
David_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of lightDavid_J is a glorious beacon of light
Originally Posted by lig
Looks like the weather might be good - just signed up!

I'm expecting to get an *** kicking in P4 though. On street rubber but I think my springs take me out of S4. Ouch.
Welcome to my class.

P4 is getting to be a big class. Your car will probably do better than mine. Turbos suck for autocross, but are a ton of fun on the street.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:10 PM
lig
Turbo lag isn't the biggest driver aid during a run...

I just don't want to be dfl.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
OK, I wanna play. Plus I'm too lazy to swap out my track tires right now, so the car's all ready to go.

I'm not a PCA member though, anyone want to sponsor me as a guest in Time Only?

Old 04-10-2008, 08:10 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^you can come as my guest. =)

they'll know jody with the silver boxster. or, you can email tim kornacki from autox and tell him. he knows me well.

hope to see you there! should be a great day!

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 04-10-2008 at 08:13 AM.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:55 AM
schnazzy is on a distinguished road
I always wanted to go. There seems to be two issues:
I don't have a helmet
I am not a PCA member

Do they have loaner helmets and how do I get an invite since I really don't know many on the board or in the club.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by schnazzy
I always wanted to go. There seems to be two issues:
I don't have a helmet
I am not a PCA member

Do they have loaner helmets and how do I get an invite since I really don't know many on the board or in the club.
if you have a porsche, i don't believe you need an invite. i think the invite is needed if you don't have a porsche. as far as the helmet goes, they used to have loaners, but last time we went out, they didn't. you'll need to pick one up, because they do check. it has to be a snell 2005 rated or above. they check that too! lol! you can get them anywhere around $150 on sale up to as much as you want to spend. my icon one was $250.00 and we just picked up one for my hubby for $150 on sale at cyclebarn.

just be sure you pre-register so they know how many classes will be running, etc. it helps with the flow of things.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:06 AM
schnazzy is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the quick response. This will probably be a one-time only event as I am probably going to sell my pcar. I will email them and see if I can attend and if they have helmets.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:24 AM
^^if you plan on going once or twice, you should probably just sign up for "time only". i don't believe that you need an invite since you have a pcar. you can just register. here is the link:

http://www.autocrossscorekeeper.com/register/pnwrpca/

i'd let you borrow my helmet, but it's a ladies small, and it's pink. hahaha! but, you're free to try it. if we are in the grid at the same time, i'll need it w/me, but otherwise, feel free!

Old 04-10-2008, 01:12 PM
Antroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant futureAntroiny has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^^you can come as my guest. =)

they'll know jody with the silver boxster. or, you can email tim kornacki from autox and tell him. he knows me well.

hope to see you there! should be a great day!
Thanks Jody! I'll sign up this afternoon. I just double-checked the website, looks like they allow Snell 2000 or later helmets, just as an FYI for schnazzy.

Oh, and I promise I'll drive a little faster on the autox than I did when leading the BMW Club tour.

Last edited by Antroiny; 04-10-2008 at 01:24 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:24 PM
^^thanks for the update on the helmet. i was told it was 2005 and that the rules that are posted on pca are old. and when i got tech checked, they told me it has to be 2005. i hope if that's the case, they update the rules for everyone so to avoid confusion or purchasing the wrong helmet.

lol....bmw tour....i didn't say anything about slow. hehehe! wink*

Old 04-10-2008, 01:38 PM
I hope they allow Snell 2000 because that's what I've got. Snell ratings are good for 11 years for most sanctioning bodies, including SCCA and ICSCC. I'll see if I can dig up a contact and email them to make sure.

Old 04-10-2008, 01:41 PM
try tim kornacki. he's the contact for autoX. =)

If you have questions, contact Tim or Linda Kornacki at autocross@pnwr.org or 425-672-0209.

Last edited by BoxsterGirlie01; 04-10-2008 at 01:45 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Roll call! AutoX Saturday, April 12th~