Motorcycle track day with Jason, Jody, Todd and our new friend Ben

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 02:25 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
<-- No ***** for that stuff

Old 05-09-2008, 03:04 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^^^i'll PM you when we sign up again. todd will probably try to go within a month or two. he's hooked! =)

hopefully you can come along with us that day!
I'll keep an eye on the forums as well, but could you PM me too? I'd like to get my camera out there......

Old 05-09-2008, 03:08 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by itrhybrid
I'll keep an eye on the forums as well, but could you PM me too? I'd like to get my camera out there......
sure! it would be fun having you out there to take some shots. i'm sure you'll do a much better job than i did! hehe!

Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
sure! it would be fun having you out there to take some shots. i'm sure you'll do a much better job than i did! hehe!
The trick is to get them to let me get down on one of the corners

If I have enough advanced notice, I'll call them ahead of time and see if I can talk my way down there....

Old 05-09-2008, 04:12 PM
lawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the roughlawin is a jewel in the rough
fun fun fun.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:28 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by itrhybrid
The trick is to get them to let me get down on one of the corners

If I have enough advanced notice, I'll call them ahead of time and see if I can talk my way down there....
It's easy to get to those corners..just involves getting across the track and doing a lot of walking!

Old 05-09-2008, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
It's easy to get to those corners..just involves getting across the track and doing a lot of walking!
That's good to know. I'll be sure to wear my sneakers

Old 05-12-2008, 05:02 PM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Here are some shots taken by Brandon Bones.

My bike looks like the space shuttle in this..pieces of tiles falling off.

More here: http://studio819.smugmug.com/gallery...93837363_Nf9zi

Last edited by atomic80; 05-12-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-12-2008, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by atomic80
Here are some shots taken by Brandon Bones.

My bike looks like the space shuttle in this..pieces of tiles falling off.

That's an awesome shot!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:46 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^^I got sleepy from waking up at 4:00 am. and when the sunshine came out...it felt sooo good! hehe!

Old 05-12-2008, 05:54 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I'm so jealous boys. That day looks great. Not as great as my woman so I can't get one but going to the track yesterday and watching a race for the first time since October got a bug going Just a little bug.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:18 PM
i like this shot

Old 05-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Seattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond reputeSeattle996 has a reputation beyond repute
Guys... I think the bike bug has bit me. Took a ride out on my girlies brothers R1.., first time on a bike ever. In fact, all I was going to do was take it out of the driveway and down the street. In reality, took it out of the driveway and ended up on a 20 minute ride around their local roads. Can't believe how comfortable I felt. Ok, stopping the bike at a stop sign was a bit scary.. but addicting.

So, I'm kind of hooked. I don't want a bike of that caliber.., would like something around 600cc. Question is twofold: Whats a good used bike in your guys' oppinion.., don't feel like spending more than $4,500 on my first bike. I'm into the R6 look, but who isn't I guess. Question 2, what place would you guys recommend for a bike training? There are way too many to choose from.., so any local tips would be nice from the 6speeders out there.

-Bojan

Old 05-22-2008, 03:00 AM
Originally Posted by Seattle996
Guys... I think the bike bug has bit me. Took a ride out on my girlies brothers R1.., first time on a bike ever. In fact, all I was going to do was take it out of the driveway and down the street. In reality, took it out of the driveway and ended up on a 20 minute ride around their local roads. Can't believe how comfortable I felt. Ok, stopping the bike at a stop sign was a bit scary.. but addicting.

So, I'm kind of hooked. I don't want a bike of that caliber.., would like something around 600cc. Question is twofold: Whats a good used bike in your guys' oppinion.., don't feel like spending more than $4,500 on my first bike. I'm into the R6 look, but who isn't I guess. Question 2, what place would you guys recommend for a bike training? There are way too many to choose from.., so any local tips would be nice from the 6speeders out there.

-Bojan
I started out on a GSXR600 then an F4i (Honda 600). Eventually I moved up to the 954 (can you tell I'm a Honda guy) I don't know youre height or weight, but a smaller bike is good to start out on, then move up in size. You should be able to find an f4 or f4i for fairly cheap. Check out cycletrader.com or craigslist.

Personally I'm hoping I can get back on a bike in the future. I'm looking at an Apprilla RSV-R though

Old 05-22-2008, 08:07 AM
hi bojan my man! yeahhh! bike bug bit ya!

todd fell in love with the R6. but, i'm not sure you'll find one under the price bracket you're looking at unless it's a bit older.

you can always sign up for eastside motorsports track days. they have novice, intermediate, and advanced. both jason and todd did the novice class and it was a great event! i think they both had a really good time. i know todd is addicted and will be signing up for the intermediate class when they post the next one. i'd contact eastside and see when they offer classes. also, you don't have to have bought the bike from them in order to attend.

yeahh! i hope you get one! you can ride with todd and jason and i believe larry (aka: lawin) has a ducati!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle track day with Jason, Jody, Todd and our new friend Ben