Motorcycle track day with Jason, Jody, Todd and our new friend Ben

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 09:31 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Motorcycle track day with Jason, Jody, Todd and our new friend Ben

A couple months ago, Todd and I went out to look for a ski helmet for him but ended up getting him a Yamaha R6 that day instead. I think it was right around that time when we both ended up signing up for "ride day" hosted by Eastside Motosports at Pacific Raceway. Neither one of us had ever done a track day on a motorcycle before so we were both very nervous. Heck, I even had my stomach doing flip-flops at the pre-track meeting a couple days beforehand. Hey, I'm good with anything with 4 wheels but 2 wheels, that's another story. So, but both of us not only prevailed, we both survived our first track day too! Our tires may not have been too pretty afterwards but we both had a great time! Jody also came out to take pictures and videos too. PJ even showed up later in the day. Mark tried but had other conflicts. We also met a new friend, Ben and his beautiful 848. Overall it was a fun day for all of us.

Okay, enough talk, here are the pictures.

Todd trying to keep warm

Track tires

Some of the many bikes being prepped

Ducati was there in full force

Most folks trailered theirs in, we rode in!

Heading down to PR early in the morning, Jason

And Todd

Eastside Motorsport Ducati fleet

At least I wasn't the only one with a BMW

They were unloading all sorts of different Ducati models

Last edited by atomic80; 05-09-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:35 AM
atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !atomic80 Is a GOD !
Jody was the lone person with a Porsche

Dunlop provided tires

Zack, one of the instructors with a track prepped bike

One of the many fun toys

One of several prepped Ducati bikes

Ducati demo bikes

Todd and Jody trying to stay warm

One of my favorite Ducati classics

Todd and new friend Ben discussing their experiences

Me with a Ducati DesmoRR race prepped bike, $72,500!! This sounded great on the track!

Old 05-09-2008, 09:40 AM
A bunch of track machines

Me talking with the other BMW rider about his experiences on the track that day

A macked out camper/trailer rig

New track friends, Jason, Todd and Ben with the DesmoRR

Having fun on the "toy"

Going on the track for the first time

Can you make us out in the sea of riders?

Coming into the pits after the first session...I was riding on an adrenline high!

Talking about our first ride

All smiles

Old 05-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Looks like FUN. Like I told you on AIM. I don't have the ***** to get a bike, no matter how "hot" my girlfriend says it is.

Old 05-09-2008, 09:45 AM
Our track machines for the day

Ben's Ducati 848

Todd watching the DesmoRR

Talking about our riding experiences thus so far

Getting ready to go out for our second session

Jody says that I was always easy to spot on my BLUE bike!

Todd, not so much. Too many other similiar bikes

One of the many fast riders

Ben coming into the straightway

Todd, being too fast as usual

Old 05-09-2008, 09:50 AM
Jason wrapped in some tire warmers

Lunchtime for the rest of the folks

Todd on mine and Jody on his

My track warrior for the day

The DesmoRR monsters in action

Focusing on the track ahead

Wheee!

Jason and the Ducati 848 demo

On the track!

A fun day for all

Last edited by atomic80; 05-09-2008 at 09:59 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 09:59 AM
Todd's bike was brand new to him, didn't even have plates yet!

My bike after a long day at the track

Jody and her pink "tuff chix" gloves

PJ showed up for support too

What Todd's tires looked like at the end of the day

The rest of the pictures: photo album

Old 05-09-2008, 10:10 AM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
that was an AWESOME day! it was soooo fun being out there and seeing you guys!

jason....nice job!!! you smoked 'em out there! all i had to do was look for the blue bike and there you were! thanks for letting me take some shots with your camera! i had a blast! you've created a monster! i want one now! hehe! sorry that i cut your head off in a few shots! =)

todd had a blast. i think he didn't fall asleep until midnight. he was still all stoked from the day! exhausted, but stoked! you'd think after that big dinner at azteca that he'd be on carb overload, but i guess not! he's looking into when the next class is. he's rearin' to go! haha!

pj, it was great seeing you! thanks for coming out and seeing the 6speed boys on their bikes! can't wait to get back out and watch you again. todd wants to know when your next track day is. he has mid week days off and would love to come and watch you and get pics/vids.

what a fun day!

Old 05-09-2008, 11:05 AM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
MAY 21st
Proformance day
wait list for openings

Old 05-09-2008, 11:24 AM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
Looks like so much fun!
I need to get my bike broken in soon!

Old 05-09-2008, 12:47 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by atomic80

What Todd's tires looked like at the end of the day
Now that's what motorcycle tire wear should look like!

I miss my bike

Old 05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
^^haha! i saw the tires and thought "is there a holiday coming up? i KNOW what i'm going to buy todd!". =)

your bike was cool looking! maybe time to get another one now that you have some 6speeders to ride with! =)

Old 05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !Hot Shot Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BoxsterGirlie01
^^haha! i saw the tires and thought "is there a holiday coming up? i KNOW what i'm going to buy todd!". =)

your bike was cool looking! maybe time to get another one now that you have some 6speeders to ride with! =)
I'd really like to, problem is I have upper back problems that was causing me pain in my neck and shoulders every time I rode for more than an hour.

Never could figure it out.....That and too many toys now...

Old 05-09-2008, 02:11 PM
dwnhillskater is on a distinguished road
I need to go next time...

Old 05-09-2008, 02:14 PM
^^^i'll PM you when we sign up again. todd will probably try to go within a month or two. he's hooked! =)

hopefully you can come along with us that day!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Motorcycle track day with Jason, Jody, Todd and our new friend Ben