Help Me Decide on a New DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:18 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
BMW used might be ok. Just don't like them at all. But they would be 1000% better than a Mercedes. Unless you live close to the dealership I wouldn't own one of those POS's

Do you have kids? Is a 4 door required? If not I think a 993 would be cool as well. Nice driving and not too expensive
Now you talking,
I plan to drive my 993TT everyday like I did before it was away. Just booked transport and it'll be here in 3 weeks w/ 0 mile on the engine. There ain't nothing like driving true P-car to work everyday.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:35 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Red face

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Now you talking,
I plan to drive my 993TT everyday like I did before it was away. Just booked transport and it'll be here in 3 weeks w/ 0 mile on the engine. There ain't nothing like driving true P-car to work everyday.

Yeah but are you driving 25-30k miles per year? This is why I will not get a pcar for a dd.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by vincentdds
Now you talking,

Vince 0 miles on the motor Has your motor been broken in

Old 05-23-2008, 01:45 PM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
I'd go for a 335i or G37.

Another option would be an E320CDi amazing torque and "economical" in terms of fuel consumption.

Old 05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
flyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to beholdflyingcesar is a splendid one to behold
I have both a 335I and G37S out of both of them. As for DD car I would go with the 335I as it gives you better MPG and has lots of torque.

Old 05-23-2008, 04:25 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
Used B7 S4?

Old 05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute19000rpm has a reputation beyond repute
Benz is the ultimate in comfortable cursing. I would go with either an E55, or CLK55. If it doesn’t say AMG on it its not worth looking at since you are an enthusiast after all. I never really paid attention to them, but then I drove one. There are plenty of options in your price range too. With all of the aftermarket out there for them, 0-60 in close to 4 flat is very achievable, and that’s impressive when considering how comfortable and heavy they.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:01 PM
mr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to beholdmr2guysingh is a splendid one to behold
I like the E55 too

Old 05-23-2008, 05:13 PM
mitchelrl is on a distinguished road
To stick anywhere near that budget and all around daily drivability, I would go with a 328xi or a 335xi.

The STi and Evo will just be another car that you'll dump money into and they have a "boy racer" stigma to them. They are both fantastic cars, but I think a 335xi is the car for you man.

The last thing you want is a bunch of kids trying to steal stuff off your car and/or your entire car, lol.

Old 05-23-2008, 05:32 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Vince 0 miles on the motor Has your motor been broken in

I do about 20K but you right 30K miles/yr is a lot.
It was broke in but on the engine dyno just like from the factory. Well maybe several hundred miles from live tuning on the road. Don't need much for aircooled engine.

Last edited by vincentdds; 05-23-2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old 05-23-2008, 09:06 PM
audidriver18 is on a distinguished road
Jag I can definitly help you out in finding a new DD. I could get you a great deal thru the dealer auctions. Let me know if want.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:23 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by 19000rpm
Benz is the ultimate in comfortable cursing. I would go with either an E55, or CLK55. If it doesn’t say AMG on it its not worth looking at since you are an enthusiast after all. I never really paid attention to them, but then I drove one. There are plenty of options in your price range too. With all of the aftermarket out there for them, 0-60 in close to 4 flat is very achievable, and that’s impressive when considering how comfortable and heavy they.

You didn't notice he wanted to stay in a budget.

Also he is already putting 20-30k a year on his cars he doesn't need another 10k going back and fourth to the mb dealership for all the repairs

mercedes should be last on anyone's list ever.

Old 05-24-2008, 02:47 PM
willcoxmd will become famous soon enoughwillcoxmd will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by H20SKIER

mercedes should be last on anyone's list ever.

speak for yourself buddy. There's a few of us who actually enjoy our MBs! Our frickin' ice cream never melts before we get home

Old 05-24-2008, 03:21 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Leased

Originally Posted by jags911tt
Yep ahhh but its over my budget for a DD!
Most people will lease their DD and "acquire" their collection since the hotrods and etc. aren't generally driven all that much. You will find out that in the current market these cars are WILDLY soft. If you can get the right terms, it's still my car of choice. The CL500 is almost exactly the same and then with wheels and maybe a couple of tack-on parts you're looking really good. Wouldn't do "turbo rice" or anything else. Leasing is the way to go with a DD. DD's are throw-away cars anyway...... as far as all of your mileage is concerned, you'd be probably STILL better off leasing since your residua; is going to be pretty low and further, you have VERY LITTLE out of pocket for something that is going to implode in value anyway; so the dealer (MB Leasing NA) is taking all of the risk on what is probably the world's ****TIEST form of "secured financing" ~ It loses 80% of its value and they think that you're NOT?! going to let it go.... and there are some decent tax reasons to do a lease anyways..... All this drizzle for what? Probably $600 a month. Charge it to your practice through whatever entity is going to own the car, so it's maybe a pro-forma $500 per month and MB or whomever else then guarantees the maintenance.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 05-24-2008 at 03:35 PM.
Old 05-24-2008, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by SpeedYellow
Most people will lease their DD and "acquire" their collection since the hotrods and etc. aren't generally driven all that much. You will find out that in the current market these cars are WILDLY soft. If you can get the right terms, it's still my car of choice. The CL500 is almost exactly the same and then with wheels and maybe a couple of tack-on parts you're looking really good. Wouldn't do "turbo rice" or anything else. Leasing is the way to go with a DD. DD's are throw-away cars anyway...... as far as all of your mileage is concerned, you'd be probably STILL better off leasing since your residua; is going to be pretty low and further, you have VERY LITTLE out of pocket for something that is going to implode in value anyway; so the dealer (MB Leasing NA) is taking all of the risk on what is probably the world's ****TIEST form of "secured financing" ~ It loses 80% of its value and they think that you're NOT?! going to let it go.... and there are some decent tax reasons to do a lease anyways..... All this drizzle for what? Probably $600 a month. Charge it to your practice through whatever entity is going to own the car, so it's maybe a pro-forma $500 per month and MB or whomever else then guarantees the maintenance.
are u serious. a cls for lease for 600?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Help Me Decide on a New DD