Help Me Decide on a New DD

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 09:51 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Bmw 135

Old 05-24-2008, 10:14 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jags911tt
are u serious. a cls for lease for 600?
lol about a year ago i inquired about a lease for the cls. the only car I ever thought about not paying cash for so i thought i'd check out a lease. the lease was like 900 month and i just laughed and left. i'll just stick with my theory if i can't pay cash for em i can't afford them

Old 05-24-2008, 10:18 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jags911tt
are u serious. a cls for lease for 600?
CLS for $600 per month and his mileage... no way...
I bet it is double that per month... for a CLS500 and 12000 miles per year.

If you are truly doing 25-30K miles per year, I would stay far away from a lease and buy Japanese or BMW (new or CPO with maint agreement).

I had a loaner BMW 335 sedan and it was pretty quick... and to think for a couple grand you can add the warrantied Dinan software etc and get 400 HP... and included maintenance... I would 335 before sti... and I would stay away from a leased CLS like it was fat girl with herpes.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:21 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by H20SKIER
lol about a year ago i inquired about a lease for the cls. the only car I ever thought about not paying cash for so i thought i'd check out a lease. the lease was like 900 month and i just laughed and left. i'll just stick with my theory if i can't pay cash for em i can't afford them
+1

H20Skier in a leased white CLS

Old 05-25-2008, 10:04 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
I'd generally agree...

Originally Posted by H20SKIER
BUT:

The monthly # was an adjusted after tax #. The lease payment comes right off of gross income if you're say, a self employed attorney. The residual is so puny that WHEN you pay it off, it's STILL a better deal. No penalty for that and likely a capital loss or accelerated depreciation hit for it when you dspose of it. Anything that eats cash, you RENT it. Anythng that produces cash, you OWN it, albeit within some entity that limits your personal libility for that ownership. The accounting behind this is inarguable and frankly, very powerful.

Your PERMANENT collection should, ideally, be owned by an entity that you control at arms length and lease back from it, as well actually.

This stuff is a specialty for me as part of the work I do. It would be an off-year CL500 with probably almost no miles on it and it's still the way to go for an independant contactor or someone who owns his own business which generated substatial cashflow. Ask me how any time. I'll run the numbers with my staff. While you're at it, lease the jet, too. Should not be in your name either!!! Too much liability. Using an LLC can be an effective risk reducer.

Last edited by SpeedYellow; 05-25-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
SpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura aboutSpeedYellow has a spectacular aura about
Leased CLS fr H2O....

Originally Posted by PJS
+1

H20Skier in a leased white CLS
NOPE.... However, a leased white SLR McLaren??? ~ I could definitely see it..... Much smarter move than tying up $500K+++ with lease rates where they are and the accounting on your side.

The CLS/AMG whatever sedan is far too pedestrian. At this level, it has to be MAJOR equipment before the savings are meaningful enough to H2O to begin going down this road. Would I advise someone of MEANS to lease a Honda CIVIC? NONONONNONOOONONOOOOOOOO!!!!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
yeeeeee is on a distinguished road
Go with the 335 Jag or a E46 M3 and do exactly what ravi did lol.

Old 05-26-2008, 12:54 AM
S7RR is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by vincentdds
Mu buddy has this and he loves it.

Just steal my images I rightfully stole from someone else! Garsh.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:02 AM
EM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond reputeEM5PWR has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PJS

fat girl with herpes.
Yuck...

Old 05-26-2008, 09:23 AM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by EM5PWR
Yuck...
Don't act like you haven't experimented

Old 05-26-2008, 10:04 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
speed i'm not the one looking for a car.

jags want's to spend a certain number on it and that's why suggestions.

leases only work at certain income levels. your write off at certain levels doesn't mean anything compared to what the cars value might be if you just pay for it and sell it later.

99% of the time leases are there for one reason so the dealer or manufacturer will make money. because almost every lease payment x months paid is far greater than the actual loss on the vehicle if you pay cash and sell it later.

leases are specifically designed for people that most likely couldn't afford that car if they paid it out of pocket.

yes in the end you can write off the lease payment as a company expense but why write off any money. company expense or not it's still a loss. show me a lease that costs less than your actual realized loss and sign me up.

guys that get the 1500 month mercedes x36 months no matter how you cut it lose their *** on something they don't have to.

car manufactures aren't stupid. rent the car and make sure when you get it back you will still make a profit off that ride. they wouldn't do it if that weren't the case.

doing the math on any of them i would bet that even though it's pre-tax dollar (although certain incomes don't allow this) the car manufacture still makes the biggest $$$. That's why they do it.
It's really just deciding which way you want to spend your money pre tax and lose the 35% you save on the outrageous cost of a lease or post tax and lose the amount on the car that is typical.

cars aren't an investment so don't sweat over losing a few bucks. that's life. they are cars and that's it.