Gallardo or F430?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 12:43 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by FerrariWA
This kind of goes along with my Audi TT, it's not the best driving car in the world but I love the looks of it and I enjoy driving it. On the 1st episode in the 11th season of Top Gear they put a gallon of gas into a 599, DBS, LP 640, SLR, R8 and raced them around the track. The LP640 held the lead until it ran out of fuel (4.6 mpg), only to beaten by the R8 (5 mpg).
I just watched it and yup, (they actually showed 4.1 for the LP640) I get exactly 4.0 MPG when I drive it hard, otherwise get about 10-11.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:48 PM
TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !TommyJames Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by germeezy1
Can you divulge if there were any Corsa mode LC uses?
No, I can't talk about testing, but I can say it's impressive. When we left the factory lot the test driver had all four wheels broken loose and we did a power slide into traffic and down the road. We passed cars in places where it didn't look like we'd have enough room to clear oncoming traffic. Believe me, it was a hell of a ride.

Old 02-25-2009, 12:52 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Hey H20 could you enlighten us on thrust mode

Old 02-25-2009, 02:13 PM
Eliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond reputeEliseguy has a reputation beyond repute
Not something you'd want to say to an ex-con, especially in a public forum haha

Old 02-25-2009, 09:22 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Hey H2, is the car above that I just posted yellow?
Grapefruit Orange actually. I just don't know where those Italians get that paint... But as some have said I have Lambo color new chairs in my Poolhouse

Thrust mode gets us right back to what I said earlier.
"Cars are like woman. You can comment on their looks but you can't tell how good they are until you ride em"

Thrust mode comes into play only in this situation.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:07 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Mark, unfortunately my list is currently restricted by $. If money were not an issue the list would be quite different. The CGT would be on my list

I've been with an FGT on the track (a few now) and the word from the drivers is that they are a real pleasure to drive on the track. One gentlemen highly recommended a new pulley which basically remove a couple of awkward shift points at portland. Doubtful I would do such a thing. i prefer to change the driver more than the car.

I do have an Exige. It stays on the list as these are cars that i intend to own, not sell. The Exige is such a pleasure on the track. I'm not sure I could do without such a light wieght giant killer in the arsenal.

On the Viper, the Gen III cars are certainly faster cars, but for some reason the Gen II cars do it for me. If money didn't matter I'd get a GT2 Viper. I have not seen a Viper on the track that did well at all. If they made it to the end of the day, the driver was exhausted and not very fast.

as for tracking the cars, I'd track everyone. However, reality would set in and the Exige and Porsche would probably see the most miles.

If anyone wants to let me drive the F430 or other car on my list, feel free.

ok, I need to do some work.

Originally Posted by H20SKIER
That ACR at 7:22 was set up non stock. Different Seat, Tires and Suspension. I'd assume it would be over taken by the stock cars if they were set up as well. Limited top speed doesn't matter much on those 12.9 miles. The last straight isn't long enough to make that big of a difference.

The Viper to me was one of the worst driving experiences of my life. Damn those cars hate their drivers.

Tommy I might drive your beast but I will need sunglasses. Do you know your car is Lime Green. Most men are color blind. Thanks for that offer.

Blue don't you have an exige? Wouldn't that be taken off that list.

Ford GT solid car not mentioned much at all. They aren't the easiest to drive fast either. I've never tracked one but would like to one day.

I'm a huge Porsche fan and Glad to see MR FERRARI, DR Floss chiming in with good things to say about his new gt2. It's raw, mean and ever so fun to toss around the roads.

I'm surprised the CGT isn't on your list. IMHO it's the most stable high end car on the market at high speeds. Damn good car above 130mph. Why are there only 4 white ones in the world. Damn Porsche. Don't they know that helps the resale value of those 4.....

Old 02-25-2009, 10:20 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
My only experience with Vipers near me on the track was 4 years ago. I was in a race at Portland. My RS America fell into a race with a brand new Viper with an owner that had 2 pit crew. Full size hauler sponsored by His Dodge dealership. He had his car on jacks and tires with warmers on. Two Panoz and a bunch of turbo'd Porsche's. 30 plus of us make it to turn 7 before the back straight. The Viper 3rd in the group floors it and Spins 90 degrees 80ft into the back side safety wall approaching 100mph. The car was a total loss. Driver fine. Took 4th my little 240hp couldn't lap the Panoz or ALL of the 944 massive turbos.

Ford GT's are cool. I hope to find the right one someday.

I've spent a little time in a Loti as well. They are fun on the track.

Everyone's list is restricted by money Blue. You're no different than anyone. If you polled 100 members on this board 104 would say they want another car in their garage.

If you had a white exige I'd let you drive my 430

Last edited by H20SKIER; 02-25-2009 at 10:21 PM. Reason: bad gramma
Old 02-25-2009, 10:46 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
The Viper has amazing mechanical grip and traction out of the corners. But it's alot of work, even with the 525 hp ones I have driven. It seems you never get into a rythm with it.

I just wish I could install an Elise rack in my Vette!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:05 PM
Grapefruit Orange actually. I just don't know where those Italians get that paint... But as some have said I have Lambo color new chairs in my Poolhouse
Us Lambo guys call them Skittles colors.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by TommyJames
Us Lambo guys call them Skittles colors.
that's exactly my swivels in the house. purple, lime green, orange and red. I should have ordered a "S" on the back pillows.

Old 02-25-2009, 11:12 PM
that's exactly my swivels in the house. purple, lime green, orange and red. I should have ordered a "S" on the back pillows.
Sounds like you have good taste!

Old 02-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Thank's Tommy for offering me a ride in your car....all I have to do is bring skittles right?

Old 02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Thank's Tommy for offering me a ride in your car....all I have to do is bring skittles right?
Oh, why not? Anything for Skittles.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:35 PM
XselR8 is on a distinguished road
My only experience with Vipers near me on the track was 4 years ago. I was in a race at Portland. My RS America fell into a race with a brand new Viper with an owner that had 2 pit crew. Full size hauler sponsored by His Dodge dealership. He had his car on jacks and tires with warmers on. Two Panoz and a bunch of turbo'd Porsche's. 30 plus of us make it to turn 7 before the back straight. The Viper 3rd in the group floors it and Spins 90 degrees 80ft into the back side safety wall approaching 100mph. The car was a total loss. Driver fine. Took 4th my little 240hp couldn't lap the Panoz or ALL of the 944 massive turbos.

Ford GT's are cool. I hope to find the right one someday.

I've spent a little time in a Loti as well. They are fun on the track.

Everyone's list is restricted by money Blue. You're no different than anyone. If you polled 100 members on this board 104 would say they want another car in their garage.

If you had a white exige I'd let you drive my 430
That's a cool story. Never raced or been to the track. What's even more funny is Im a crazy F1 fan. Maybe this summer I'll step up and take my turbo out to the track.

Old 02-27-2009, 09:36 PM
gretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond reputegretapass has a reputation beyond repute
CGT is number one on my wish list too. Someday maybe - in white of course! LOVE that car - the ultimate Porsche.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Gallardo or F430?