Forbidden Fruit

Old 03-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Forbidden Fruit

While at the track this week at Thunderhill I had the chance to ride is a buddies RS America. We were turning 2:08 at Thunderhill. I was so impressed with the car!

Then I learned that it was the watered down american version of another Porsche that was only available in Europe. A forbidden fruit.

A couple of weeks ago I was talking with David about the 993 GT2. Another forbidden fruit. We all know about the 959.

So what is on your current list of forbidden fruits that you'd like to have here in the US.

Lets try to keep this mostly car related...mostly.

Old 03-25-2009, 11:32 AM
Busta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud ofBusta Rib has much to be proud of
[Official song of this thread: "Tempted" by Squeeze. Play in mentally in the background while you read.]

Here are a couple I'd like to have:

New Scirocco. I used to have a 1980 Scirocco and had a blast owning that car.

964 Turbo S. The example below is being offered for $215K (http://www.carclassic.com/stock.asp?Ref=EE93&Lang=en):

The 911 Turbo S, as the new car was badged, was around 180kg lighter than the standard Turbo, and this weight saving was achieved by, in effect, copying the bodyshell of Carrera 2 RS. Out went ‘luxuries’ such as electric windows and seats, rear seats, air-conditioning, radio, central locking, rear wiper and power steering. In went thinner side and rear window glass, while the doors, bonnet and engine lid were made from carbonfibre-reinforced glassfibre.

The Turbo’s bulging wheelarches remained, with the rear ones gaining huge intakes to funnel cooling air to the brakes. Similar intakes appeared in the front bumper in place of the usual driving lights while, at the back, a lightweight teatray spoiler was made of glass fibre and lacked the standard rubber edges.

Underneath that spoiler was a modified engine that produced 381bhp (a massive 61bhp increase over the standard Turbo). This was achieved by keeping the capacity at 3299cc, but fitting a larger turbocharger, larger valves, and tweaking the engine management system to give extra boost and altered ignition timing. Despite this, the car remained remarkably drivable, and was claimed to reach 60mph in just 4.5 seconds, with a top speed in excess of 180mph.

To cope with the extra power, uprated brakes with red calipers were fitted behind new 18-inch Speedline wheels. These three-piece alloys gave the Turbo S a distinctive and aggressive appearance. Also uprated was the suspension, along RS lines. It was lowered by 38mm and fitted with uprated springs and dampers to give a very firm ride, indeed.

Just 80 911 Turbo S cars were built, all to special order. That makes it a very rare Porsche. Add in its stunning looks and performance, and you have a very sought-after machine, indeed.

Last edited by Busta Rib; 03-25-2009 at 11:35 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 11:50 AM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
I'm currently looking for a 73 911 RS. Have been for two years. Tough to find. Spent last night talking with a buddy of PJ's as well. Found a black 993 GT2 with 20k kilometers on the clock as well but at 289k EURO it will stay exactly where I found it. The online screen of a German car broker.

The 964 Carrera Cup Euro version would be a find like no other. There's a US version of it at Sloan for 175k never registered and 600 miles. I'm told the 45 of these that hit the US are a chunk slower then their EURO counterparts. One of these would be the only way I'd sell my RS America.

I'm glad you found the RS America so sweet. I've contended for years my little RSA could wipe out many of the newer cars. It's 245hp doesn't matter because it grips soooo well. I love it.

I'd also not mind the 964 Turbo S to match my 993 Turbo S. They are so sweet. I found a black one of those a while back for 149k Euro I think it's just too much cash.

I've been told this market will soften this year. I hope so. Having an 73 RS in the garage would be fantastic.

Vanessa Marcil is also on the list.

My RSA at Thunderhill I love that track. Dropping off the top with nothing but a water tower for reference is almost as good as the corkscrew at Laguna

Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
Zonda

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM
Bleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond reputeBleu Omdurman has a reputation beyond repute
Mark,

If you are ever game for a passenger in the RSA, I have a helmet and will travel.

The grip in the RSA is spectacular. Turn 8 at full tilt (or very near it) is unnerving for sure, but cresting in 5 or 9 and "trusting" that the track is still there on the other side was great.

Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 PM
Old 03-25-2009, 05:24 PM
FerRrari will become famous soon enough
A TVR would definitely be nice...

Euro spec E36 M3
Audi S3/Seat Leon Cupra R
Renault Clio V6

Old 03-25-2009, 05:33 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
Porsche 962 Dauer

TVR Cerebera Speed 12

Bugatti EB110 Super Stradale Evolution

Old 03-25-2009, 05:38 PM
germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !germeezy1 Is a GOD !
B engineering Edonis

Ferrari F40 LM GTE

Weineck Cobra 780CUI Limited Edition

Old 03-25-2009, 08:39 PM
PJS
PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !PJS Is a GOD !
964rs

Old 03-25-2009, 09:35 PM
H20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud ofH20SKIER has much to be proud of
That TVR is really cool. I've never seen one. I must be in the stoneage. It reminds me of the Keleson (spelled wrong I'm sure) my uncle had when I was like 8 years old. Kind of a rounded out corvette.

That Edonis really has some personality as well. You'd sure get some looks in that orange beast.

Originally Posted by PJS
964rs
PJ that's the car Jeff is trying to talk me into. I just love my RSA so much it will be hard to look for another close looker.

Blue anytime my cars at the track I'll take you unless they've taken my passenger privileges away for "BAD Behavior" by then. It's at Cantrell right now getting brand new recaro's harness's and getting the hoosiers taken off of one set of rims to maybe drive it on the road soon. It hasn't been licensed for 5 years.

Old 03-25-2009, 09:52 PM
Does anyone know the dirty little secret of what car is underneath a B engineering Edonis?

Old 03-25-2009, 10:13 PM
BuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant futureBuzzedHornet has a brilliant future
The Tata Indica V2! I get hard just at the thought!

http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/IndicaV2/index.aspx

Old 03-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by BuzzedHornet
The Tata Indica V2! I get hard just at the thought!

http://www.cars.tatamotors.com/IndicaV2/index.aspx
amy just has to buy one of these to be happy for life

Old 03-25-2009, 11:25 PM
FerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant futureFerrariWA has a brilliant future
TVR Sagaris
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ho5XGTLp3D8

Last edited by FerrariWA; 03-25-2009 at 11:27 PM.

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: Forbidden Fruit